Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Satisfaction as of now.

How is the new staff doing so far in your opinion?

• Good!

Votes: 100 50.8%
  • Fair...

Votes: 66 33.5%
  • Here we go again...

Votes: 31 15.7%

• Total voters

rockabilly

Waterboy
A couple of months into the new Texan era, how do you like the current job the new staff is doing (trying to bring in players, cutting players, etc.).

kbourda

Veteran
rockabilly said:
A couple of months into the new Texan era, how do you like the current job the new staff is doing (trying to bring in players, cutting players, etc.).
Yo no se, chico! It's a wait and see. But I can't really complain til I see the product on the field.

J-Storm

Waterboy
I would like to have seen a big play made at maybe 1 big name in FA, like Bentley for instance. Even if we aren't going to get into a bidding war, at least make teams think we are doing more than waiting for the 1st day of the Draft to jus' ultimately go with the sexy pick of Reggie Bush...

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
I only have one complaint so far .... They havent done anything to upgrade the worst O-line in the NFL .... Until the line gets better the offense will struggle no matter who is calling the plays . If they address this prior to the start of the season Ill have little to complain about. :cool:

Grid

All Pro
btw..before anyone else says we havent done anything about the Oline and it still sucks.

Remember Hudson Houck? He is that guy that is now at Miami coaching the Oline..he was in San Diego and he took a terrible line full of rookies and made them one of the better lines in the league in one season.

Coaching matters.

TheChad

Practice Squad
Kubiak is a pretty good coach. And it's supposedly he who came up with the "dive-at-the-defenders-knees" approach which forced defenders to either fall down or have their legs snapped in half. That's one reason for Denver's huge success with no-name runners.

Not sure about Sherman, but the fact he was at one point a head coach does say something.

They should have been more active in free agency though. We needed Bently and we should be going for Jullian Peterson. Randle-El and Jurevicious wouldn't have been bad. Ramsey would have been a good backup.

All in all though... I mean we can't do much worse. So it's all an improvement.

mancunian

Old Timer
rockabilly said:
I think they are doing ok. It would be good if they could pick up Ashworth, Flanagan, Burleson and Peterson. Oh and add in Putzier.

OzzO

.. and then?
Cut some deadwood that wasn't up to the new staff's par, brought in some relatively unknowns to not break the bank early in the offseason (though that may appease some to have a recognizable name since we're "one player away"). Building up some competition / depth / replacements for the future and no major questionable moves.

So too early to go with "here we go again" to judge the product as a team, so I'll go with "good".

Joe Texan

Inducted 04
I only have one complaint so far .... They havent done anything to upgrade the worst O-line in the NFL .... Until the line gets better the offense will struggle no matter who is calling the plays . If they address this prior to the start of the season Ill have little to complain about.
So when did you evaluate the game film, Are you so certian it is the line and not the Tight end or running backs or maybe David himself. I trust Gary knows a tad more about film evaluation than any of you "O-Line sucks" people. The coach is following his plan to almost a T and people still complain, You just can't please everyone now can you.

HJam72

Hall of Fame
TheChad said:
Kubiak is a pretty good coach. And it's supposedly he who came up with the "dive-at-the-defenders-knees" approach which forced defenders to either fall down or have their legs snapped in half.
Now, if we can just get our defenders to yank off some face-masks and go for QBs heads, we'll be ready. :redtowel:

TexanSam

Hall of Fame
TheChad said:
Kubiak is a pretty good coach. And it's supposedly he who came up with the "dive-at-the-defenders-knees" approach which forced defenders to either fall down or have their legs snapped in half. That's one reason for Denver's huge success with no-name runners.

Not sure about Sherman, but the fact he was at one point a head coach does say something.

They should have been more active in free agency though. We needed Bently and we should be going for Jullian Peterson. Randle-El and Jurevicious wouldn't have been bad. Ramsey would have been a good backup.

All in all though... I mean we can't do much worse. So it's all an improvement.
Well lets see, if we had Bentley, Peterson, Randle El, and Jurevicius we would probably be $20 million over the cap right now. Bentley was going for way more than what we could afford. We aren't one of the teams that was $25 million under the cap and could spend freely. Randle El, IMO, is no better than a #3 WR. Look at his numbers, the most catches he's had is 47 in his rookie year. If we get Ike Hilliard, his number are better than Jurevicius. Peterson would have been nice, but I don't want to greatly overspend for him, especially after a season when he was hurt. I do agree about Ramsey though, I would have liked him as a backup and I think he would have given Carr some competition.

PokerStar

Waterboy
I am not sure about some of the signings mainly Rosefals and Weaver, but Jameel Cook is similar to the guy in Denver. He is a guy that can be a RB if desperate and is an athletic Fullback which Denver likes to use in the redzone. Walter is a nice 3 receiver and should be hopefully Jurevicius esque. Putz will be big for us and him and Weaver will be our top FA moves. I think we could have given 20M and got Rocky Bernard who is the same size as Weaver and gets more sacks, but hindsight is crystal clear. Either way hopefully Smith convinces Kubes to go Mario and they tell Weaver to gain 10-15lbs and move him inside.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I've got mixed feelings.... I'm a bit disappointed, that what I saw as our strengths, these coaches, thought were our weeknesses... the weeknesses I see, appear to be considered strengths...

For one, I like the 3-4.... & more than anything, I'd love to see Babin and Peek have one more stab at it..... along with our other guys, but sacking the QB is what gets me excited. So we go to the 4-3, and we pick up mister 7 sacks in 4 years..(I understand the 3-4 DE/DT concept)........ I am a firm believer, that if we had constant pressure on the QB last year, our D would have been 10Xs better.

Offensively, I thought our RBs and WRs were our strengths....... AJ, Armstrong, Mathis, and Gaffney.....DD, Wells, Morency..... If David Carr gets better, there is no way you can not think those WRs wouldn't improve their game. & they are going to be getting new coaches... just like David will.
DD and Morency I think are going to explode behind Kubes line. Wells will also, I think he was a bit of a late bloomer....... definitely worth keeping around.

I'm happy, that Kubes didn't (or rather, has yet to) scrap the OL.... without a doubt, that position is more about consistency, than any other. Playing with the same guy next to you, playing with the same QB behind you. If you go so far as to replace more than half of the line, you're rebuilding.... doesn't matter, if they are FAs, or rookies..... you're starting from scratch.

I'm glad Tony Banks is gone... I can't stand a career backup... If a guy ends up being a career backup, I have nothing against him. But for someone to say.... I'm not interested in the Starter job...... that's insane to me. Each and every player on our team has to want to be the man.... they should all want the opportunity to get on the field, and show the league what they can do. If this team doesn't believe they should be the man, they should be hoping someone watching does. I don't think anyone should be wanting Carr to get hurt, but I want my backup to think he is starter material....

Overall, I'm happy that the FO is active in FA...... I can't wait fot the Draft, I can't wait for the season.

TexanSam

Hall of Fame
thunderkyss said:
I'm glad Tony Banks is gone... I can't stand a career backup... If a guy ends up being a career backup, I have nothing against him. But for someone to say.... I'm not interested in the Starter job...... that's insane to me. Each and every player on our team has to want to be the man.... they should all want the opportunity to get on the field, and show the league what they can do. If this team doesn't believe they should be the man, they should be hoping someone watching does. I don't think anyone should be wanting Carr to get hurt, but I want my backup to think he is starter material....
Actually, he was looking to be a starter after the end of the 2004 season. He was a free agent and he said that he wanted to be a starter. He didn't get any offers so he resigned with the Texans. It's not that he wants to be a backup for his whole career, it's just that he's not good enough to be a starter. Kind of like Jason Garrett was for the Cowboys.

TheChad

Practice Squad
Some people also just like to be career holders. Just look at Koy Detmer. He was second string and he still didn't play when McNabb got injured.

TexanSam said:
Well lets see, if we had Bentley, Peterson, Randle El, and Jurevicius we would probably be $20 million over the cap right now. Bentley was going for way more than what we could afford. We aren't one of the teams that was $25 million under the cap and could spend freely. Randle El, IMO, is no better than a #3 WR. Look at his numbers, the most catches he's had is 47 in his rookie year. If we get Ike Hilliard, his number are better than Jurevicius. Peterson would have been nice, but I don't want to greatly overspend for him, especially after a season when he was hurt. I do agree about Ramsey though, I would have liked him as a backup and I think he would have given Carr some competition.
Well yea but I thought we'd at least shoot for one of them.

Ibar_Harry

All Pro
You need a very good or excellent vote item. Actually, I think they have done a very good to excellent job so far. I'm probably one of the few, but so far everything is logical and has been explained reasonably well. When the mix all comes together we will make a final assessment. Right now, I'm very happy.....

jerek

Pro Hobbyist
I went ahead and voted good even though I am not thrilled with the FA acquisitions as of time of this writing. IMO the single greatest problem with this team has already been fixed, for the substantial better: Kubiak and Co. have replaced Capers and the Stooges.

September can't come fast enough.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Grid said:

Grid said:
btw..before anyone else says we havent done anything about the Oline and it still sucks.

Remember Hudson Houck? He is that guy that is now at Miami coaching the Oline..he was in San Diego and he took a terrible line full of rookies and made them one of the better lines in the league in one season.

Coaching matters.

Joe Texan said:
So when did you evaluate the game film, Are you so certian it is the line and not the Tight end or running backs or maybe David himself. I trust Gary knows a tad more about film evaluation than any of you "O-Line sucks" people. The coach is following his plan to almost a T and people still complain, You just can't please everyone now can you.
Coaching does matter .... but the player has to bring something to the table as well .... 208 sacks over 4 seasons under various coaches says something is wrong .

Yes there are other things that contribute to the sack total .... Carr's lack of pocket presence and failure to throw the ball away before taking a sack or running out of bounds .... DD isnt very good at picking up blitzing LB's .... TE's who arent very good blockers .

But when a team uses primarily Three and Five step drops , short curls and slant patterns and still gives up 68 sacks .... There is enough blame to go around.

Milford Brown and Fred Weary as your starting Edit Guards last season was a disaster ..... McKinney getting manhandled and pushed back in the pocket wasnt pretty either . Pitts had a decent second half of the season after the failed Victor Riley experiment ..... Wade couldnt stay on the field which forced Wiegart from RG to RT .... Hurting two positions.

For those of you saying there is nothing wrong ....Dont go calling us "Chicken Little " or "Doom and Gloom" .... Its reality .... the team was 2-14 ....The offense and Defense were both statisticly DEAD LAST for the past season .... Some of the problems from last season are still problems today . When the team is competitive and lacks huge weaknesses .... you wont hear chicken little screaming the sky is falling .

I truely hope this team makes me eat some crow this coming season (Kinda like you :homer: 's last year) .....But some of us have been saying this same thing for the past Four Years ..... and we havent been wrong yet .

As for the current coaching staff .... they deserve a grace period , they inherited a HUGE MESS and it will take more than one off-season to fix it.

TEXANS84

Staff member
corrosion said:
I only have one complaint so far .... They havent done anything to upgrade the worst O-line in the NFL .... Until the line gets better the offense will struggle no matter who is calling the plays . If they address this prior to the start of the season Ill have little to complain about. :cool:
I tend to believe that some of our linemen were failures of the "system" that the previous coaching staff had installed. They were all (except for Riley) decent to average linemen before they joined our team.

jerek

Pro Hobbyist
TEXANS84 said:
I tend to believe that some of our linemen were failures of the "system" that the previous coaching staff had installed. They were all (except for Riley) decent to average linemen before they joined our team.
True. That Riley even started, much less for six weeks, should be an indication of how disconnected our coaches were from reality. This guy was a joke from start to finish and was a huge discipline/work ethic problem.

I tend to think most of our line are okay. Like corrosion and others, I surely wouldn't mind seeing some new faces, but I think our coaching was a big part.

corrosion said:
Milford Brown and Fred Weary as your starting tackles last season was a disaster .....

I think you mean guards.

Right now, I'm excited about next season. Granted, when it comes to football season it doesn't take too much. Growing up outside of Denver I was a fan of Kubiak's for awhile and would have liked to see him here instead of Capers, but I can understand the move that was made. I like that he has brought in coaches that he is comfortable with. It's not always about putting together an all-star team of coaches. You have to get a staff that can be on the same page and have the same goals. Rather than forcing octagonal pegs into triangular holes they are getting rid of players that don't fit the scheme or won't fit the long term plans. They are bringing in players with good attitudes that fit needs.

I know a lot of people wanted bigger name acquisitions. Winning organizations don't fill every spot with FAs. They sign a few role players each year and do a better job drafting. 4 of the most successful AFC teams in the past 10 years have all focused on the draft and maybe bringing in a couple of players to fit specific roles. Can you think of any big name FAs that Pittsburgh, New England, Denver, or Indianapolis have brought in? The Steelers biggest move may have been Duce Staley. The Broncos was Jake Plummer. There is still a lot of time left between now and training camp. The Texans have 4 of the first 66 picks. That is going to be huge. Considering the quality of players that are going to be available in that 3rd round gives them the chance at picking up 2 great players and 2 potential starters. They can get the gamebreaker they want, improve the line, improve the secondary, and maybe upgrade the LBs all in the first day. After that they'll be able to add some depth and fill in a few more holes. There are still going to be FAs available and at that point they might come cheaper.

I look forward to this season. I've paid my money for the tickets this year and can't wait for that first preseason game to get my tailgating groove going.

Texas

Veteran
I give them a Fair Job. I beleive out of all the FS's at the begininning of the FA we should have gotten 1 that was a key player for our D. Also we should have grabbed at least 1 established O-Line person and one of the more established receivers. Besides that I like, Cook,Putizer,Walters,Weaver.

HJam72

Hall of Fame
corrosion said:
Coaching does matter .... but the player has to bring something to the table as well .... 208 sacks over 4 seasons under various coaches says something is wrong .

Yes there are other things that contribute to the sack total .... Carr's lack of pocket presence and failure to throw the ball away before taking a sack or running out of bounds .... DD isnt very good at picking up blitzing LB's .... TE's who arent very good blockers .

But when a team uses primarily Three and Five step drops , short curls and slant patterns and still gives up 68 sacks .... There is enough blame to go around.

Milford Brown and Fred Weary as your starting Edit Guards last season was a disaster ..... McKinney getting manhandled and pushed back in the pocket wasnt pretty either . Pitts had a decent second half of the season after the failed Victor Riley experiment ..... Wade couldnt stay on the field which forced Wiegart from RG to RT .... Hurting two positions.

For those of you saying there is nothing wrong ....Dont go calling us "Chicken Little " or "Doom and Gloom" .... Its reality .... the team was 2-14 ....The offense and Defense were both statisticly DEAD LAST for the past season .... Some of the problems from last season are still problems today . When the team is competitive and lacks huge weaknesses .... you wont hear chicken little screaming the sky is falling .

I truely hope this team makes me eat some crow this coming season (Kinda like you :homer: 's last year) .....But some of us have been saying this same thing for the past Four Years ..... and we havent been wrong yet .

As for the current coaching staff .... they deserve a grace period , they inherited a HUGE MESS and it will take more than one off-season to fix it.

Chicken Little :)

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Let me clear something up here ....

I dont think scrapping the complete O-line is the answer here .... an upgrade at Center would allow McKinney to move to LG where his skills are better suited .... McKinney would be an upgrade over Milford Brown.

Replacing either the RG or RT removes Fred Weary from a starting role with Wiegart could remain at either of those positions for a year or two. One or the other ....

Pitts , Wiegart and McKinney (If he's at guard) are a solid foundation to build upon ....

HJam72 said:
Chicken Little :)

Hope I'm eating Crow

HJam72

Hall of Fame
corrosion said:

I dont think scrapping the complete O-line is the answer here .... an upgrade at Center would allow McKinney to move to LG where his skills are better suited .... McKinney would be an upgrade over Milford Brown.

Replacing either the RG or RT removes Fred Weary from a starting role with Wiegart could remain at either of those positions for a year or two. One or the other ....

Pitts , Wiegart and McKinney (If he's at guard) are a solid foundation to build upon ....
That's exactly what I think....and I'm a :homer:

Some people think Wiegart is a hopeless case though, but I've never seen that. I've just never noticed him being the problem.

TheOgre

All Pro
As opposed to others on the board , I really like Anthony Weaver. I think Walters fits the role as a solid possession (#3) receiver. I am not fond of the Sage Rosenthal signing. He just isn't very good. I'd like to see us fill at least two of our remaining needs (WR2, MLB, TE, DE, FS, CB2, C/RG) in FA. If we can that and have a solid draft, I think we will be headed in the right direction.

vtech9

All Pro
I gave them a fair rating. I like the Walter and Weaver signings, and I'm ok with the Cook signing. What bothers me is what we paid for Weaver. I think Weaver was a good signing but we way overpaid for him. I think that Rosenfels was a wasted signing. I believe Ragone will beat Sage out for the #2 QB spot, and that we would have been better off bringing in a rookie QB in the 6th or an undrafted free agent QB to be the #3.

TexansFanatic

Extremist
TheChad said:
Actually, that technique was being taught to the 49ers' offensive line by a guy named Bobb McKittrick while Kubiak was still a young quarterback at Texas A&M.

Although he was loved by his players, McKittrick often was loathed by opposing defensive linemen for the tactics he taught.

McKittrick taught a technique known as cut blocking, where offensive linemen attack defenders below the waist. His techniques were legal but drew the anger of defensive linemen who feared career-ending knee injuries.

After one game, former Raiders defensive end Howie Long became so enraged at McKittrick's tactics that he chased him up the locker room tunnel at the Los Angeles Coliseum. Long never caught him.

"He took a rap for teaching questionable techniques," Cross said. "I can tell you one thing, and I'd absolutely say this to anybody at any time, and that includes Howie Long: Bobb McKittrick never taught one illegal technique."
LINK

edo783

Hall of Fame
vtech9 said:
I gave them a fair rating. I like the Walter and Weaver signings, and I'm ok with the Cook signing. What bothers me is what we paid for Weaver. I think Weaver was a good signing but we way overpaid for him. .
I keep seeing this "We way over paid for Weaver" mantra and IMO, it just doesn't meet up with the facts. Check the league for what the salary average is NOW for guys who are on their SECOND contract or latter (not the rookie contracts) and I think you will see we paid at about the middle to middle upper range. Normally DTs get paid less than DEs do, yet a DT for Denver (such a big name I can't remember it) was paid 36 Mil for 6. Trevor Price an over 30 year old DE coming off of back surgury got about the same as we gave Weaver. With the extra money that became available with the new CBA, the cost of doing business in FA went up with it. We gave good money for Weaver with a BIT of "Hey it's a crappy team" premium, but we hardly gave away the farm.

Grid

All Pro
corrosion said:

Hope I'm eating Crow
Just to clarify. Milford Brown is gone.. to the Cardinals I beleive. McKinney WILL be playing at left guard, and I seriously doubt we will see him take any snaps at center unless it is a dire emergency.

Wiegert will "most likely" be our RG.. but you never know what the new staff may find. Wand/Weary could end up playing RT/RG.. Wade could end up playing RT or RG.. ya never know.. but I do know that Sherman is a very good Oline coach, and we ARE going to have a better Oline next year, regardless of FA signings.

el toro

Rookie
Way too early. The staff is going to need two offseasons to remake the team as they want it. They're not ignoring the O-line, judging by the free agent names that are linked to the Texans.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
edo783 said:
I keep seeing this "We way over paid for Weaver" mantra and IMO,
I was also chanting that mantra, when the rumors were $13million signing bonus plus $5mil over 5 years......... which imo, is a lot of money to pay a DE that hasn't played much DE in recent years.. that would've been a contract of $38million for 5 years..

Now, I thnk we found out he's getting a $5mill Bonus, & $2mill over 5 years, $15million total, which is more in line........ I think.

Bobo

Veteran
rockabilly said:
Awful. Kubiak has as much NFL head coaching experience as I do so he hires an inexperienced staff behind him, filled with his cronies. And he continues that tradition by bringing in Putzier. Everybody knows the Texans had a good pass-catching TE with Miller until they made that position part of pass protection and threw to Davis instead of the TE. So now he brings in another one of his pals. Does that mean he feels he has the pass protection problem settled? I see no real change in that situation yet -- which means Carr may be running for his life even more with one less guy blocking for him. Oh, well. One thing I won't have to worry about is going hoarse over this team like I did the first three years. With Kubiak in control, it will be like sitting back in the bleachers and calmly watching the NFL version of those loveable Mets of 1962. Only Kubiak is certainly no Casey Stengel.

outofhnd

Rookie
I like what they have done.

The coaches have come in and "simplified" things.
Out with the complex 3-4 scheme, In with a simple 4-3

So long Walker, he was great when fully healthy which was like 3 games over the last 3 years. Im hoping Buchanan will have a better understanding and play better at the corner than last year, hoping they simplify the coverages and try to break him of his gambler mentality of play.

O-line with a new scheme that could make all the difference. Wand will never play guard hes too tall. Hes definitely a tackle. Wiegart im not very high on, never have been. PItts I like him but Sherman really needs to get after him about his hand position as he tends to get holding penalties because he is outside the numbers. I think Flanagan would be a great addition to help the development of Hogdon.

I feel they are making great FA moves, trying to add role players not big time players that will be frustrated if we stumble out of the gates. Pickup young guys who want a shot at being a NFL starter and have the enthusiasm and positive attitudes rather than High priced guys frustrated and being the center of attention.

tsip

Veteran
Grid said:

Coaching matters.
...remember last year when the 'chicken littles' were saying this exact thing and the :homer: 's were crucifying them with 'time to gel?'...what a difference a year makes!

outofhnd

Rookie
Well they never got any time to gel last year because it became a OL shuffle out there. I think it changed from week to week who started where. I felt bad for those guys having to step in and play a different O line position practically every week

mean mark8

Waterboy
Our O-line will be better with our new coaches. Wade was a road grader with Miami before he came to the Texans where the coaches taught him how to say Ole. Think about it, we didn't have a line coach for our first couple of years and the line improved. (Of course it couldn't get worse then the 76 sacks in yr. 1). Still, when Pendry got here things got uglier with each passing game. To the point we were running a Pop-Warner offense that even the lowly 49er's could stop. Run left 2 times than throw a 7 yard out pattern to Gaffney or Bradford. Oh, do we have Andre Johnson on OUR team? We could take the entire coaching staff from a Division II school and see an improvement over last year.

Cheroqui

Waterboy
I'm just excited period. I think having for the most part an all new coaching staff is a start. I feel good about Kubiak for some reason and feel he will finally start using the TE's this season especially after going for Jeb from his last job.
I hope to that they are going to work with Mathis to get him on the field for offense and use more 3-4 WR sets with AJ, Mathis, and Starling. I can't wait to see how the 4-3 will work with Peek and Babin at the ends and whether Orr will be on Babin side or the "strong" side Peek. I also like that they mentioned keeping a bit of the 3-4 around.
We should look pretty good going through this season looking at things now and after the draft, but before week 6 I'm sure we'll be pretty content with what we see.

Tha_Tinman

Waterboy
I've been following just about every player move made since the SuperBowl. I take one stinking week off for a Spring Break Vacation ...and I've lost about 80% of my enthusiasm for this upcoming season.

WHAT in the world is going on? WHYYYYYY are we not making runs at these free agents. I mean seriously ...I keep seeing all these phenomenal players being signed by OTHER teams ...and who do we get to help our team that is in desperate need of a makeover?

SAGE ROSENFELS???????????? I saw that and I felt like I'd been sucker punched in the gut!

T.O., David Givens, Julian Petersen, LeCharles Bentley, Akin Ayodele, Josh McCown, Randle El ...the list goes on and on and on

If we had picked up just ONE of these players I'd be singing the praises of this new coaching staff ...

But JAMEEL COOK ???????????? OMG!!!! I don't think I can stomach watching the draft if THESE are the kinda moves we're gonna make!

And in the meantime ...we lose Bradford AND Gaffney ...we lose Brown off the line ....and they let Walker ...pretty much our only experienced DE get away

PLEAZE ...SOMEBODY ...ANYBODY ...MAKE IT ALL MAKE SENSE TO ME! Maybe I'm not seeing the brilliance in these roster moves.

AustinJB

Rookie
I'll go w/ "fair" at this point. It's too early to say it's going good. I'll make that decision after the draft.

I do actually think we have made some decent signings so far. Nothing that will blow you away, but we've at least upgraded some weaknesses. Solidified the TE position....not to superstar level, but better than last year. Upgraded WR w/ Walter...again not a superstar, but has potential and not to mention the possibility of Burleson. Somewhat suprised w/ paying Weaver so much money, but we at least addressed our new 4-3 Dline. If we get Cowart, that would obviously help our LBs.

While these moves alone are not very impressive on paper, combine our draft picks with these moves and then what do you have? That is the question. If we are smart and don't screw up our picks, it could be a very good situation. We'll have to wait and see...but I think we're at least headed in the right direction, for the first time in a long time.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
tulexan said:
Kubiak and the staff has a specific system and these guys fit it.
You wanted the answer, there it is. He is signing role players to fit his system and bringing in guys with experience in it, such as Putzier.

Tha_Tinman

Waterboy
Carr Bomb said:
You wanted the answer, there it is. He is signing role players to fit his system and bringing in guys with experience in it, such as Putzier.
I'll give you Putzier ...Rosenfels ...Cook ...and even Walters ...have relatively NO game experience.