Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-19-2006   #1
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Default Post Free Agentcy Start Mock

While I did this mock I assumed a few things, like the Texans signning Putzier and Flanagan. So with that in mind, heres my new mock draft.

1) RB Reggie Bush, USC - one of the most explosive players to come out of the draft in a few years. Combined with Davis would make a formitable running attack.

2) LB D'Qwell Jackson, Maryland - the best MLB in this years draft. A big hitter who stop the run and make plays sideline to sideline.

3) (traded if Burleson signs) S Jason Allen - was an amazing player before his injury and is making a good recovery. Has good range and has some ballhawking abilities.

3) WR Mike Hass, Oregon St - if Burleson isn't signned, the WR corps. will be a disaster with no real number 2. Hass has great hands and can get open. Would be and upgrade over anyone on the team besides AJ.

4) CB Darrell Hunter, Miami (OH) - a decent corner with good speed who can keep up with recievers in man coverage, a good athlete.

5) OT Michael Toudouze, TCU - a tough, mean blocker who would be a great fit in a zone scheme. Has good feet and is a decent athlete.

6) DE Mike Kudla, Ohio St - has amazing strength and has played against a good level of compition in college. Is short but has a non-stop motor and good speed and quickness.
Old 03-19-2006   #2
Mightymike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
While I did this mock I assumed a few things, like the Texans signning Putzier and Flanagan. So with that in mind, heres my new mock draft.

1) RB Reggie Bush, USC - one of the most explosive players to come out of the draft in a few years. Combined with Davis would make a formitable running attack.

2) LB D'Qwell Jackson, Maryland - the best MLB in this years draft. A big hitter who stop the run and make plays sideline to sideline.

3) (traded if Burleson signs) S Jason Allen - was an amazing player before his injury and is making a good recovery. Has good range and has some ballhawking abilities.

3) WR Mike Hass, Oregon St - if Burleson isn't signned, the WR corps. will be a disaster with no real number 2. Hass has great hands and can get open. Would be and upgrade over anyone on the team besides AJ.

4) CB Darrell Hunter, Miami (OH) - a decent corner with good speed who can keep up with recievers in man coverage, a good athlete.

5) OT Michael Toudouze, TCU - a tough, mean blocker who would be a great fit in a zone scheme. Has good feet and is a decent athlete.

6) DE Mike Kudla, Ohio St - has amazing strength and has played against a good level of compition in college. Is short but has a non-stop motor and good speed and quickness.

this is a lil reach for DQ, especcially since lb's fall on draft day. jason allen is a 1st rd. pick. good #1 pick though
Mightymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #3
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightymike
this is a lil reach for DQ, especcially since lb's fall on draft day. jason allen is a 1st rd. pick. good #1 pick though
I really can't see a team spending a first round pick on someone who hasn't played in over a year. I think he will go no higher than the middle of the second, but could easily slide with the emergance of Whitener and Minter.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read