Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-19-2006   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Would you be mad if . . . .

. . . the Texans took Mario or D'Brick with the 1st overall if they couldn't find a team to trade down with?

Me? I know we need that stud LT in the worst way, and if the Texans took him, I wouldn't complain. But I think Mario will be number one guy on most of the teams' draft boards at the end of the day.

So . . hell no! I wouldn't be mad at all.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #2
bigcarlos
Veteran

bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #3
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel that there is 3 guys with he quality to be #1 overall.
In my order of preference, Mario, D'Brick, Bush.

We need to get one of these three players.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #4
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan
I feel that there is 3 guys with he quality to be #1 overall.
In my order of preference, Mario, D'Brick, Bush.

We need to get one of these three players.
agreed my order would be Bush, Mario and D'Brick
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #5
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Me? I know we need that stud LT in the worst way, and if the Texans took him, I wouldn't complain. But I think Mario will be number one guy on most of the teams' draft boards at the end of the day.

I think he is #1 on a small minority of teams' draft boards. He is a great player and a legit top 5 pick, but 90% of the league would take Bush or Leinart over Mario.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #6
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Mad no. Dissappointed maybe a little. I mean I can understand picking up Williams, but I think Bush would have a great impact on our team and passing him up would be a letdown.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #7
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be happiest with Mario at #1 but I wouldn't complain about Bush. I would not like to see D'Brickashaw with the first pick. I don't think he's quite as good as the other two.
Old 03-19-2006   #8
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I agree with Runner on this one. I would love to see Mario taken by the Texans even if it was the #1 pick. I wouldn't mind us taking Bush number one either, but I don't believe Ferguson is worth the top pick.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #9
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Nope, I think it would be a good pick if we could not trade down. Another #1 idea would be Davis, TE has been a problem and he is a freak.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #10
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Any would be a real plus, but oh man... I would really love to see Bush tear up the sod with a Texans jersey on.
Old 03-19-2006   #11
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Davis is definitely not worth a #1 pick. Even picking him at 5 would be a little bit of a reach because that means that one of the super elite prospects is available (Leinart, Bush, Ferguson, Williams, Hawk).

Davis is the best player at the second tier of talent (which is still ridiculously good)

Last edited by tulexan; 03-19-2006 at 04:28 PM.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #12
tiger06
Veteran

I think we could get the best value out of the #1 pick by taking Bush. I wouldn't be opposed to Mario, but Ferguson isn't worth the #1 pick. If we trade down I'd be happy with him. Bush and Mario are both explosive playmakers that can make an impact right away.
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #13
PokerStar
Veteran

I think like this Mario double digit sacks every year, plus can play on Goaline situations and OLB in any 34 subsets. He is fast enough and adept enough to drop into zones on zone blitzes or dogs and will force an offense to change their scheme and blocking alignment or look like well D. Carr the last few years. Or maybe a better version is Manning in the Playoffs.

Reggie will be a 1300-2000 all purpose guy that unless we are outside of 10 yds will not be in to score TDs. Yes he gives us alot of options on offense, a dynamic runner and receiver, but how much do you have to gameplan for him. Mack the coach from UT said that they simply stressed angles and containment, not allowing for Reggie's greatest asset his cutback ability. They also talked about forcing him inside instead of outside, so his speed would be neutralized somewhat. Well that to me does not really change the principles of a defense, because that is what they are suppose to do, it is just not done as much now in the NFL.

I the impact of Mario vs the impact of Bush goes slightly to Mario. Both are just freakin awesome. I take Mario, and the sad part is I am a Bush fan, before I watched tape on Mario Bush was my guy, but in Mario I see a guy that when motivated to destroy no one can stop him.
Old 03-19-2006   #14
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

1. Mario
2. Bush
3. D'Brick
Old 03-19-2006   #15
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
I would be happiest with Mario at #1 but I wouldn't complain about Bush. I would not like to see D'Brickashaw with the first pick. I don't think he's quite as good as the other two.
Agreed. I would be thrilled with Mario or Bush on our team, I personally would probably prefer Mario and would like to see them make the gutsier decision for once, but Bush is still going to be a great pick. D'Brick I'd be somewhat disappointed in, I think Chester Pitts is a decent enough LT and that there are other OTs later in the draft that can do close to as good of a job at LT (Eric Winston and Winston Justice that will be gone in the 1st round, and I think Daryn Colledge would be a solid enough option in the 2nd round) and be more effective at RT if we decide to leave Pitts at LT for now, and D'Brick is not as special and unique of a talent as Mario Williams and Reggie Bush are. Vernon Davis looks like a phenomenal TE, but he's not at all worth the #1 pick, positions like TE and LB are not worth the #1 pick.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006   #16
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 87379 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i'd be overjoyed if we took mario or d'brick (i'm a trade-downer, but i'm pretty sure we've lost all leverage after N.O. picked up brees & bennett). if either are the players that they appear to be, they'd be signed long term and would be fixtures on the team for a very long time. having a top tier left tackle for the next decade seems worth the first overall when you're looking at the team instead of the draft. as does having a premeir DE.
Old 03-20-2006   #17
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

id be "unhappy" if we took Dbrick. I just dont think he is worth the #1 overall..especially in this deep tackle draft.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006   #18
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Bush
Williams
Leinart
D'Brick

Anyone but VY............
Old 03-20-2006   #19
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]]
I agree with this. It seems like Brick, although he will be a very dominating force , would not be a PERFECT fit to Kubes system.
i agree that bush and mario are better value choices at #1 but i think D'brick is a perfect fit for our new system
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006   #20
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

In the 1 spot, I'm fine with Bush, but I'd be OK more with Mario v. D'Brick. I'm not sold on D'Brick = an Orlando Pace kind of impact.

Although I will say that those of us who are looking to get better PSLs would probably have an easier time of it if we picked Mario or D'Brick even if they eventually end up being great players.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read