Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-19-2006   #1
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default Roach

Anyone think that Freddie Roach will be available in the 3rd round. Even if the Texans don't get Burleson and losing one the 3rd round picks, do you think he would be worth the pick? I saw a lot of SEC games this year, and he was a beast.

Old 03-19-2006   #2
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Roach was really slow at the combine (if I remember right in the mid-low 4.9 range) so I wouldn't be thrilled with the pick but he is a pretty solid player.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #3
PokerStar
Veteran

Roach reminds me of a black Troy Evans maybe a little more athletic. He is solid, but likely not much more than a special teamer and spot player.
Old 03-19-2006   #4
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

He is slow, both on the field and off.

He had one of the lowest wunderlic test scores. I don't want him reading an offense and making the calls based on what he sees. I feel he was more of a benificary of Ryans than actually NFL material.
Old 03-19-2006   #5
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
He is slow, both on the field and off.

He had one of the lowest wunderlic test scores. I don't want him reading an offense and making the calls based on what he sees. I feel he was more of a benificary of Ryans than actually NFL material.
DITTO.....If we draft a middle LB, I say we take Leon Williams (MIAMI) with one of our 3rd picks....
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #6
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star
DITTO.....If we draft a middle LB, I say we take Leon Williams (MIAMI) with one of our 3rd picks....
Leon Williams would be there with our 5th round pick. Your thinking of McIntosh from Miami with our 3rd.
Old 03-19-2006   #7
PokerStar
Veteran

McIntosh is not lasting till the third round. Indy will grab him to replace Thornton before they let him hit the 3rd. Leon Williams would be a solid conselation prize. In the fifth he will have a career similar to A. Davis of the Cleveland Browns. He is raw, but after some PT and I think he could beat out Terry Pierce(poor poor man's Trotter) he could turn into a very solid contributor, plus he can play inside or outside for that fateful day we get rid of Greenwood.
Old 03-19-2006   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerStar
McIntosh is not lasting till the third round. Indy will grab him to replace Thornton before they let him hit the 3rd. Leon Williams would be a solid conselation prize. In the fifth he will have a career similar to A. Davis of the Cleveland Browns. He is raw, but after some PT and I think he could beat out Terry Pierce(poor poor man's Trotter) he could turn into a very solid contributor, plus he can play inside or outside for that fateful day we get rid of Greenwood.
LB's always fall, but Williams was never going to go higher than the 4th round.
Old 03-19-2006   #9
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

What's everyone's opinion of Aaron Harris? MLB from UT. I personally think he very underrated and would be a great 5th or 6th round pick.
Old 03-19-2006   #10
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
What's everyone's opinion of Aaron Harris? MLB from UT. I personally think he very underrated and would be a great 5th or 6th round pick.
He's small but can read the play quickly. 6th round if anything.
Old 03-19-2006   #11
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

aaron harris is grossly underrated...if we got him in the 6th round he would be a great pick up...same goes for roach...in the 6th round both would be good pick-ups
Old 03-19-2006   #12
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Same here...as you know, I've been hyping Harris for a while too.

He IS very underrated and would be a great option at MLB for us. I think that his size alone will cause him to drop into the 5th and maybe 6th round...but he plays much bigger. He's a big hitter, solid tackler, and makes plays from sideline to sideline.

If we could nab him in the 5th, then we could obviously use our earlier picks on other need areas.
Old 03-19-2006   #13
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
I don't know much about him, but he wasn't invited to the Combine so I wouldn't look at him any higher than the 6th round and even still might not look at him there, and our 7th round pick is about to belong to the Bengals. If you want this guy I doubt you'd have to draft him, he would likely end up being an undrafted free agent.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #14
Eyeguy
Veteran

I like Schleigal from Ohio St. for a MLB in the 4th or 5th rd. If Hodges is there in the 3rd you jump on him
Eyeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006   #15
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Schlegel would be a good pick up. He got way overshadowed by Carpenter and Hawk. He will be a quality starter, but nothing special.
Old 03-20-2006   #16
Eyeguy
Veteran

Schlegal would be a better MLB than anyone on our current roster. Very underrated. Overshadowed by other OSU linebackers.
Eyeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006   #17
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeguy
Schlegal would be a better MLB than anyone on our current roster. Very underrated. Overshadowed by other OSU linebackers.
True, but that isn't saying much. He's not that great when compared to other LB's in this draft, but still better than all of our LB's.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read