Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-19-2006   #1
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainPatriot
Default Someone Explain.......

How the Lions and have to add New Orleans can see they need a new QB(even though I think Brooks is still good) and the Texans don`t?

stats don`t lie Look at the 3 QB`s Stats:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302199

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/306268

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133233

Texan`s are not even bring in a QB to challange Carr :brickwall

If Texans are not going to take VY. How about bring in Aaron Brooks to challange Carr?

Look at td/int ratio!!!!!

Last edited by CaptainPatriot; 03-19-2006 at 10:23 AM.
CaptainPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #2
Dunta_23
All Pro

The Texans are keeping David Carr because Gary Kubiak thinks he can be very successful in the NFL. Joey Harrington does not want to play in Detroit or he would still be there...once they brought in Kitna he had no intentions of sticking around.
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Roy williams
mike Williams
and the off-injured Charlie Rogers

offensive minded Stevie M

Andre Johnson
Corey bradford
Jabar Gaffney

defensive minded Capers

only thing I can think of is the Lions had more weapons around Joey compared to Carr and he didn't produce accordingly

*edit* I am not knocking Carr.. I am just talking about Joey
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #4
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

They're 2 different guys, on 2 different teams, in 2 different situations. Just because they were drafted the same year doesn't mean anything. The Lions have NOTHING to do with the Texans.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #5
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Lightbulb

............dont forget TE Marcus Pollard and a very good OL. Bloey Harrington hasn't been sacked more than 20 times in a single season.
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #6
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Now he wants out, so he wont be riding the pine up there in Detriot.
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #7
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
They're 2 different guys, on 2 different teams, in 2 different situations. Just because they were drafted the same year doesn't mean anything. The Lions have NOTHING to do with the Texans.
how are they diffrerent they have similar stats. How are the teams different when they are both cleaning house?
Old 03-19-2006   #8
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Joey chose to sabotage QB camp. Thats the difference. According to him, everyone hates him and he hates them too.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #9
Mailman04
Veteran

I will explain one thing to you. Thank God Houston isn't going to waste a draft pick on Vince Young. If they took a QB to challenge Carr they would surely take Matt Leinart. They need to take Reggie Bush. The reason they kept Carr is they have a real offensive staff now and they think he can play. I do too.
Mailman04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #10
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

{insert catchy opening line}

{insert quote of rehashed arguement}

{insert past arguments on this topic}

{insert reworded arguments to make them seem like your idea}

{insert smug smiley}

search button is at the top of the forum
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #11
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
{insert catchy opening line}

{insert quote of rehashed arguement}

{insert past arguments on this topic}

{insert reworded arguments to make them seem like your idea}

{insert smug smiley}

search button is at the top of the forum
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #12
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPatriot
how are they diffrerent they have similar stats. How are the teams different when they are both cleaning house?
Heres one their in differents states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #13
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
How the Lions and have to add New Orleans can see they need a new QB(even though I think Brooks is still good) and the Texans don`t?

stats don`t lie Look at the 3 QB`s Stats:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302199

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/306268

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133233

Texan`s are not even bring in a QB to challange Carr :brickwall

If Texans are not going to take VY. How about bring in Aaron Brooks to challange Carr?

Look at td/int ratio!!!!!
Hmmm....I didn't see anything in your post about Carr playing behind the Worst Pass protecting O-line in NFL history.

Bottomeline is that Dom Capers, Dan Reeves, Gary Kubiak and other several other great NFL minds think Carr has what it takes not only to be a good player but to be a great player. From what I hear EVERY head coach candidate that McNair interviewed thought Carr was the man.

If he gets protection and doesn't perform I will be the first to say he needs to hit the road.

We will see next season won't we.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #14
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
Heres one their in differents states.
See that this is a joke to you. Hope the new coaching staff doesn`t have your attitiude!
Old 03-19-2006   #15
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 62902 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
See that this is a joke to you. Hope the new coaching staff doesn`t have your attitiude!
The only joke I see here is a Pats fan feigning interest in the Houston Texans.
Old 03-19-2006   #16
Texizgreat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Texizgreat Send a message via Yahoo to Texizgreat

How about we bring in Joey to challenge Carr
Texizgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #17
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Good question and one that many of us have been asking for a while.

The truth of the matter is, Carr is the face of the franchise and to cut him loose would be admitting failure and an embarrassment to an organization that values public sentiment over winning football games.

There seems to be a prime directive in place that prevents anyone in the organization from bringing in a challenger for Carr's job. During the 2004 draft someone from the organization had to call Big Dave before they selected Drew Henson to explain to him that he was in no danger of being challenged for his job. As long as this mentality continues, the organization will continue to fail.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #18
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Good question and one that many of us have been asking for a while.

The truth of the matter is, Carr is the face of the franchise and to cut him loose would be admitting failure and an embarrassment to an organization that values public sentiment over winning football games.

There seems to be a prime directive in place that prevents anyone in the organization from bringing in a challenger for Carr's job. During the 2004 draft someone from the organization had to call Big Dave before they selected Drew Henson to explain to him that he was in no danger of being challenged for his job. As long as this mentality continues, the organization will continue to fail.
I'm not buying that, how can you say the organization doesn't care about winning, I would really like you to explain the difference between winning and public sentiment-they go hand in hand. They brought in Reeves who has taken teams to multiple superbowls, brought in Kubiak who has won multiple superbowls and Mcnair has listened to both of their opinions which are Carr is not the problem. When the Texans took Henson Carr just finished up his first year so it was a given Henson wasn't going to challenge him and what has he done in Dallas, Nothing so that statement makes no sense what so ever. I swear I'm starting to feel some people would like to see Carr fail more than see the Texans succeed.

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 03-19-2006 at 06:54 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #19
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
I'm not buying that, how can you say the organization doesn't care about winning, I would really like you to explain the difference between winning and public sentiment-they go hand in hand. They brought in Reeves who has taken teams to multiple superbowls, brough in Kubiak who has won multiple superbowls and Mcnair has listened to both of their opinions which are Carr is not the problem. When the Texans took Henson Carr just finished up his first year so it was a given Henson wasn't going to challenge him and what has he done in Dallas, Nothing so that statement makes no sense what so ever. I swear I'm starting to feel some people would like to see Carr fail more than see the Texans succeed.
Winning is winning. An example of public sentiment is keeping Carr around since he was their first ever draft choice and face of the franchise. If the Texans would have chosed Joe Harrington he would get to experience the same treatment.

A phone call was made to Carr before (or immediately after) the pick was made... that's all I know. Sounds like coddling to me, but feel free to interpret it any way you wish.

The guy had a horrible finish to his 3rd season and no one was brought in to challenge him. The guy had a horrible 4th season and no one was brought in to challenge him. There is a pattern here. Sure, Kubiak and the new staff are going to say all the right things, that's their job. But the fact of the matter is, they have no choice or say in the matter... they are stuck with Big Dave, AKA Davie Franchise. He is the face of the franchise and essentially their biggest failure on the field.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #20
Texansbacker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
I'm not buying that, how can you say the organization doesn't care about winning, I would really like you to explain the difference between winning and public sentiment-they go hand in hand. They brought in Reeves who has taken teams to multiple superbowls, brought in Kubiak who has won multiple superbowls and Mcnair has listened to both of their opinions which are Carr is not the problem. When the Texans took Henson Carr just finished up his first year so it was a given Henson wasn't going to challenge him and what has he done in Dallas, Nothing so that statement makes no sense what so ever. I swear I'm starting to feel some people would like to see Carr fail more than see the Texans succeed.

Speaking of Drew Henson, he is now playing in NFL Europe.

An excerpt from the article:

Eyes were on Dallas Cowboys quarterback Drew Henson as he started his first game for Rhein. His numbers were modest, 5 of 11 for 58 yards, but with the Fire defense forcing three turnovers, it was enough to help his team to an opening day win against their arch-rivals.

www.nfleurope.com/news/story/9318875

The Texans have Dave Ragone of NFLE fame.
Texansbacker is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read