Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-18-2006   #1
Mightymike
Veteran

Default Texans Mock Draft March 18

Texans trade D. Davis, #65 to Colts for #30, #62

1. Reggie Bush- straight up playmaker (chek da avatar), rb and slot receiver

30. Antonio Cromartie- our #2 corner

33. Trade pick to rams for #43, #75 rams pick leonard pope

43. John Scott- starting LT/RT

62. D'Qwell Jackson/Abdul Hodge- starting MLB

75. Pat Watkins- could earn starting FS spot

97. Ray Edwards- gives depth at weakside end. gives option if peek and babin can't adjust well enough to end

129. Fred Matua- quick, athletic guard for zone blocking scheme

161. Clint Ingram- OLB project

assuming we sign putzier, burleson (takes away our 2nd 3rd rd. pick)

we would get 4-5 immediate starters from this draft

Last edited by Mightymike; 03-19-2006 at 02:08 AM.
Mightymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #2
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not a bad draft at all. It's got a lot of the players I like, but I'm not sure about Watkins. I like Jason Allen a lot more. You drafted for need after our first two picks.

However, I do not really like the trade. We traded away our "Lendale". We did not gain much from that trade and I would eliminate that trade if you make another mock.
Old 03-19-2006   #3
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont think Jackson or Hodge will be available in round three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #4
Mightymike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
I dont think Jackson or Hodge will be available in round three.
the 62nd pick is in round 2
Old 03-19-2006   #5
Mightymike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
It's not a bad draft at all. It's got a lot of the players I like, but I'm not sure about Watkins. I like Jason Allen a lot more. You drafted for need after our first two picks.

However, I do not really like the trade. We traded away our "Lendale". We did not gain much from that trade and I would eliminate that trade if you make another mock.
Jason Allen is a 1st round pick on many mocks
By trading the 3rd round pick for the late 2nd, i think it gives us the opportunity to take either d'qwell jackson or more likely hodge
domanick davis won't be here a couple years from now, so we're getting something for him while he's still valuable.
Old 03-19-2006   #6
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightymike
the 62nd pick is in round 2
Either way I dont see Hodge or Jackson be available that late in the second round. Both could go in the first round so I think its a bit of a stretch to say that we could get them in the late second round or early third.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read