Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-18-2006   #1
HeartofHouston
Veteran

Default Give Carr And This Offense A Shot... Here's Why...

Everybody wants to ride Carr's back about this and about that, and about what he can and can't do and how we need to pick Young or some other random hoo haa. I say we give Carr at least 2 more years to see what he really can do. I mean come on.. he didnt really have the best of coaching and lets face it his o-line wasnt playing very well either. Now that we have Kube lets see what he can do with Carr..

Look at what Kube did with Plummer, Jake was throwing more INTs than TDs much like Carr. Jakes numbers were horrible, I mean his final season with Arizona he threw 18Tds and 20Ints, 53% and was getting 5.6 yards per pass. Carr's last season.. 14Tds 11 Ints, 60% and 5.8 per pass with the horrible offense that we had. With Kube coaching the offense we could see the similar rolling offense getting the Qb out the pocket allowing him to see more of the field and giving him much more time also, not to mention giving him the option to tuck it if nothing is open.

I believe that Carr will put together better drives and put more points on the board for us. Plummer's last season with the Broncos 18Tds and 7Ints, 60% and 7.3 per pass.. thats much better numbers with Kube in his ear. Carr CAN strive and shine in this offense he has better arm strength than Plummer and accuracy is about the same in my opinion Carr could end up being better in this offense than Plummer was.. cause Carr knows that he is the face of this franchise and he is hungry for wins.

If we pick Bush with the First pick, we could put him in the backfield, line him up with DD, put him in the slot, put him outside, motion him to the slot, motion him outside and we could dictate what the defense does with him on the field. Imagine having to plan for.. Domanick Davis, Andre Johnson, Jerome Mathis and Reggie Bush.. oh and a Qb that can scramble and pick up extra yards if the play breaks down.

Then we pick up a good OT from the draft, pick up Ashworth from FA, pick up Flanagan from FA and pick up a good OG with one of our 3rd rounders.. (Jason Spitz, Mark Setterstorm or etc.) that WILL give us a VERY SOLID O-LINE. This Offense can be good, Kube is already making the cuts of dead weight from the team..

I said long time ago, Marcus Coleman is a flop dont sign him back, people flamed me saying how good he was gonna be can blah blah blah, he was benched and eventually cut by Kube, I said Walker's time is up get rid of him people got on my back about how good he was.. and Gary "Mr. Ouch, I broke a nail" Walker was cut. He is making the right moves and i applaud Kube for it and believe that he knows what he is doing and if he says Carr is our guy then I say Carr is our guy. Kube has made RB after RB looking like All-Pros.. some of them shouldnt have ran for as many yards as they ran for. and None of them with the PURE ABILITY of Reggie Bush.

We Get Bush, get those O-linemen and pick up a good Putzier and the Offense could be unbelieveable within the next 2years. When we all gel together and get a feel for each other. We do the right moves i'll offense will be solid and top 10 of the league for the next 4 years.. AT LEAST. Then all we will have to worry about is Defense for a while. And who knows could be looking at O-Line to.. and dont be shocked by this stated.. back up our starters..

With Carr rolling out and getting more time.. how many corners are gonna be able to stay with Johnson or Mathis?.. or how many LBs are gonna be able to stay with Bush very long? if all else fails safty net Putzier is not bad at all. So people should give Carr and this Offense at least 2 years before its get rid of carr, and with all these changes if he still performs horribly then in the first round we'll have a high pick and we draft Brady Quinn.. Give Carr another shot in 07 and if Brady Quinn's presence doesnt push him then can you say trade bait?. Give this a shot guys.. i have faith in Kube.
Old 03-18-2006   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I personally think one of the main keys to Carr's development and to the season is getting him a legit TE (whether Joppru healthy and/or getting a FA).. along with getting a legit center (getting McKinny back to guard)..
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #3
Dime
Hall of Fame

I am a big anti-Carr fan, and even I will give Carr one more year. But only one more year. If he does not drastically improve this year, he will need to be removed, and I truely believe he will (after this year).
Old 03-18-2006   #4
texansfan4life
Rookie

Default please

next year will be the same thing the 02 draft of qb was a bust when will people get the message
texansfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan4life
next year will be the same thing the 02 draft of qb was a bust when will people get the message
not just 02 QB's but the whole 02 class can be seen as an overall bust

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=2372386

Quote:
But it wasn't only the first round of the 2002 draft that, in retrospect, has some teams longing for a do-over.

Of the 135 prospects selected in the first four rounds that year, players who should have a pretty reasonable expectation of enjoying prosperous careers, 33 are out of the league altogether right now and another 45 are playing for teams other than the ones that drafted them. The second figure is a bit skewed, since it includes players who departed in free agency. Still, good teams tend to keep good players around. So that's a 57.8 percent failure rate over four years.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #6
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Good post H-of-H. I like your attitude and optimism. I believe Kubiak is optimistic about Carr's abilities as well. If he's just a guessin then we got the wrong man for the job. Imagine having threats like Johnson, Davis, Bush and Mathis. Teams are gonna load their shorts before they even take the field. Then toss the varible of Carr tucking the ball and hauling butt like he did with relish in the first season. Not cause he was running for his life but cause it was FUN playing for the Texans then. This year I think alot of players are going to find out that it's fun, once again,to be playing for the Texans.

And yes, there was some running for his life too.

Last edited by Texan Asylum; 03-18-2006 at 08:36 PM.
Texan Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #7
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

DC has the first half of the season to show improvement. After that, he's fair game.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-18-2006   #8
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I think David will do great this year, especially if we get ourselves a solid #2 WR (Nate Burleson). It's hard to do good when your TE can't catch and your top WR is double covered because the rest of the WR's can't get open. That doesn't leave David many options on where to throw the ball on any given play.
Old 03-18-2006   #9
zeplin
Veteran

I think Carr's performance will ramp up very fast. The type of offense we will be running is well suited to DC's strengths. All reads are made at the line by both QB and receivers. The safty dictates routes. 3 yard passes are just as good as a 3 yard run. Bill Walsh allways said the reason he drafted Montana was because he could make the first defender miss. DC has that same kind of ability. And he has a Gun of a Arm. You will see it this year. Kubiak will air it out.
I am Pumped. We have a great future. Remember CAPERS is GONE!!!
Old 03-18-2006   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharton
DC has the first half of the season to show improvement. After that, he's fair game.

See now that's completely bass-ackwards Wharton. You should expect to see the worst football out of Carr in the first half of the season. After that, barring injury to too many makor pieces on the offensive side of the ball you should see steady improvement over the second half of the season.

Don't you guys be shocked when the Texans come out at the beginning of the season looking lousy and out of sync. That's going to happen in all likelyhood (and if it doesn't then get ready for a fun year because it means we're better than we think).
Old 03-18-2006   #11
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Exclamation Reggie,Reggie,Reggie!

The "CARR SHOW" is headed for the probowl in 06'.
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #12
get a clue
Rookie

Carr gets one more year- another year like last will be his last year here, no way the fans get behind him with a new staff and same results as last years- I agree on that he needs help with a better line and TE, and I am sure there will be some improvement over last season to this years.... hopefully Bush is as adverstised and can take some heat off Carr. I like Carr, but even this last year I too saw him look lost back there. On the few occassions that he did have more than 3 sec's to throw the ball, he looked like he didnt know whart to do.Personally I think he is Shell shocked from all the abuse he has taken from the last 4 years. On another team I think he would be in the top half of the NFL's qb's, as far as numbers go.
get a clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #13
RB5
Rookie

College prospects are sometimes looked at as the products of good systems, for example the Texas Tech QB's who put up huge numbers in college.

Carr is basically the product of a bad system. Few weapons, weak line, bad coaching. That's how its been ever since he got in the league. He was put in a very bad position. With much of this hopefully improved, particularly the coaching, I look for Carr to do the same.
RB5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #14
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe Carr will improve this year. I predict 20 TDs/10 ints. I think he'll really look like the QB we believed he would be in his 2nd year under Kubiak. I truely believe Kubiak will make him a Pro-Bowl QB by 2007.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #15
get a clue
Rookie

Culpepper? Id hold off for a sec on him, he look horriable all last year with out Moss, then he got hurt. Sure he is better than Carr- I just dont think he is as good as some people believe. * I just dont see Culpepper making a probowl in the AFC.... he is at most the 4th or 5th best QB in the AFC imo*
get a clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #16
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turp007
A pro-bowler???? I think he will get better but I don't know if he will ever be a pro-bowler in the AFC! Payton Manning, Tom Brady, Carson Palmer, Duante Culpepper just to name a few who are way better than Carr will ever be!
Yes, but the best QB doesn't always get to the Pro Bowl. It's not a guarantee that Manning, Brady, and Palmer are going to continue dominating the QB position. Heck, Jake Plummer was a Pro-Bowler this year. I think Carr will be better than Plummer. I think Carr will go to Pro-Bowls. I'm not sure about Culpepper. I think the knee injury is going to affect him a lot.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #17
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

A lot of players don't go to the pro bowl, so if carr is the 4th, 5th or even 6th best qb in the afc he has a chance at going to hawaii
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #18
DominatorDavis
Veteran

I could really care less if Carr goes to the Pro-Bowl in 2006 or 2007. I dont think that the Pro-Bowl is that big of a deal. It matters - don't get me wrong and it says something about your play. But there are so many good quarterbacks in the AFC that the top 8 QB's are worthy.

Carr needs to:

1) Get rid of the ball sooner
2) Get rid of the bal sooner
3) Get rid of the ball sooner

If he does those 3 things then he'll do much better then last year. I don't care if people are upset at Carr for not playing well last year. If you had placed a hybrid combination of Steve Young & Joe Montana behind the line that we had in 2005 - they may not have faired much better. I could be wrong - but it just seemed that if he was not sacked on a pass play, then he was pressured. I am just surprised that Carr was as durable as he was last year. I think that he has removed the doubt from people about how tough that he is.

~Dom
Old 03-19-2006   #19
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

I'm with ya H-O-H. That was one of the best posts I've read on this board in a long time. Negativity breads... Have faith in the dark because it will make the light seem that much brighter.
Old 03-19-2006   #20
throwANDREtheBALL
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to throwANDREtheBALL

ON the other hand.

"A fool, blindly leads, other fools into the darkness."

Seems like the FO is our FOOL.......and they seem to have a lot of people backing them up, NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO/DON'T DO!
throwANDREtheBALL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read