Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-18-2006   #1
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What if Bush is not selected by the Texans?

If we were to take Mario Williams or Dbrick with the first where do you think Bush would be selected? The only hypothetical control to this exercise is that every team must remain in their current draft position.
Old 03-18-2006   #2
Mightymike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
If we were to take Mario Williams or Dbrick with the first where do you think Bush would be selected? The only hypothetical control to this exercise is that every team must remain in their current draft position.
he would go to the jets at #4 or to the 49'ers at #6 more likely the niners
Mightymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #3
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 35070 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Not being to savvy on many other team's needs, I would say the ONLY way Bush drops any, if at all, will be cause of trading scenarios. Way too talented to go far. I kinda like the idea of a Bush, D'brick or Williams on our team. We need PLAYMAKERS!
Old 03-18-2006   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Possibly New Orleans.. probably NY.. San Fran is an outside chance.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #5
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Saints at #2. They have Deuce McAllister but I don't think they'd pass up on Bush, especially if we take Mario and they can't get him. I think they would likely look to trade the pick even more than they currently are, but if we pass on Bush I think the Saints definitely take him at #2.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Saints would take him and hope that he can do for Brees what LT did for him in San Diego

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #7
Mightymike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
Saints at #2. They have Deuce McAllister but I don't think they'd pass up on Bush, especially if we take Mario and they can't get him. I think they would likely look to trade the pick even more than they currently are, but if we pass on Bush I think the Saints definitely take him at #2.
they have two legit starters in michael bennet and deuce mcallister, why get another rb
Sponsored links
Old 03-18-2006   #8
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightymike
they have two legit starters in michael bennet and deuce mcallister, why get another rb
Bennett is not really a legitimate starter and Deuce McAllister is coming off a major injury. They are in the same situation we are with Domanick Davis and Vernand Morency, and similarly it is a question of whether or not they are willing to pass up on that kind of a talent, and I don't think they will.
Old 03-18-2006   #9
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

no way the saints take bushthey trade out of if the 2 spot or take
dfoam ferguson but bush would get drafted by the jets at four barring any trade's understand this as hard as it might be to understand we are one of the few teams that would take bush 1st overall.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #10
Mightymike
Veteran

Quote:
Bennett is not really a legitimate starter and Deuce McAllister is coming off a major injury. They are in the same situation we are with Domanick Davis and Vernand Morency, and similarly it is a question of whether or not they are willing to pass up on that kind of a talent, and I don't think they will.
started 13 games in '01 w/ 4ypc
bennett started every game in '02 and had 1300yds rushing and 350yds receiving
'03 he started 7 games he had 40 rush attempts for 447yds, 12 receptions 132yds
this guy has proven he is a legit starter
Old 03-18-2006   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Players that are cut before the start of the season......... how do they count towards the cap??

I imagine their signing bonuses will count,and not their salaries.... is that right??
Old 03-18-2006   #12
Eyeguy
Veteran

Bush will be the #1 player taken in the draft.
He will either be taken by the Texans(95%) or the pick will be traded to a team that drafts Bush at #1.
Not even CC is stupid enough to draft someone else than Bush with the #1
Eyeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #13
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightymike
started 13 games in '01 w/ 4ypc
bennett started every game in '02 and had 1300yds rushing and 350yds receiving
'03 he started 7 games he had 40 rush attempts for 447yds, 12 receptions 132yds
this guy has proven he is a legit starter
And he's started a total of 20 games over the last three seasons. He had one very good season in there but has even worse injury issues than Domanick Davis, and he is even less of a between the tackles runner than Reggie Bush, so he is hardly someone they'd keep over Reggie Bush. McAllister has been a solid RB but also has injury concerns after this past season. The Saints are in no better RB situation than we are, and I think they would try to trade the pick if Mario Williams is off the board, but if they can't trade down for a good deal I don't see them passing on a talent like Reggie Bush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts
no way the saints take bushthey trade out of if the 2 spot or take
dfoam ferguson but bush would get drafted by the jets at four barring any trade's understand this as hard as it might be to understand we are one of the few teams that would take bush 1st overall.
I think you are mistaken, the vast majority of teams in this league would take Reggie Bush at #1, we are the only team that would even consider Vince Young at #1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
Players that are cut before the start of the season......... how do they count towards the cap??

I imagine their signing bonuses will count,and not their salaries.... is that right??
If I'm not mistaken you just have to stay under the salary cap at all points in time other than a couple months right after the season ends up until the new NFL year starts (March 1st or 2nd). Once you cut a player, whether it is before or during the season, their base salary is taken off of your current salary cap, but the remaining pro rated signing bonus is put on your salary cap for the remainder of that NFL year, and if you cut them after June 1 then that cap hit for their signing bonus is split over the current season and the next one. Roster bonuses and any other types of bonuses count against your cap for that year as soon as they are paid, and those still remain on your cap even if you later cut the player.

Last edited by MorKnolle; 03-19-2006 at 01:38 AM.
Old 03-19-2006   #14
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
I think you are mistaken, the vast majority of teams in this league would take Reggie Bush at #1, we are the only team that would even consider Vince Young at #1.

OK of the 1st five pick who would take him first overall

Texans yes
Saints NO
Titans NO
Jets No
Packers No
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #15
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Jets and Packers would take him 1st overall if they originally had the pick.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #16
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Jets and Packers would take him 1st overall if they originally had the pick.
I agree with the Packers, but if the Jets had the #1 overall pick they would easily chose a QB, especially with a new coaching staff in place and Chad's arm in question

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #17
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
I agree with the Packers, but if the Jets had the #1 overall pick they would easily chose a QB, especially with a new coaching staff in place and Chad's arm in question
They just signed Ramseys to compete with Pennington. They have two vet. QB's with starting experience. Both are being paid fairly well.
Old 03-19-2006   #18
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts
OK of the 1st five pick who would take him first overall

Texans yes
Saints NO
Titans NO
Jets No
Packers No
Try this:

Texans: Unfortunatly Yes
Saints: Yes
Titans: Yes
Jets: Heck Yes
Packers: Yes

If any team had the #1 overall pick instead of us, they would take Bush.
Old 03-19-2006   #19
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Go to google and type in "NFL 2006 draft mock" and see how many you find without Bush as the first pick.... What will this prove? Nothing ... but I suspect you'll notice a trend ....
Old 03-19-2006   #20
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
Go to google and type in "NFL 2006 draft mock" and see how many you find without Bush as the first pick.... What will this prove? Nothing ... but I suspect you'll notice a trend ....
What it does is show where the true trade partners are in a trade down scenario. It also shows that there is not much demand for Bush to trade up to, given there have not been many leaks on possible trades. Granted the closer we get to the draft the more whispers you will here. You will also see on most of those mocks that Mario is slowly taking over at the #2 position.

Bush and Mario are the two logical choices given our recent subtractions and additions to the roster. I will not be upset with either, I just happen to feel that spending #1 money is better served in Williams and the defense than on another skill player on the offense.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read