Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-18-2006   #1
Paragon Blue
Veteran

Default Texans resign two(well three)- Murphy, McKenzie, Pittman

Texans | Murphy re-signed
Sat, 18 Mar 2006 16:11:53 -0800

The Houston Texans have re-signed TE Matt Murphy to a one-year, $585,000 contract. He was a restricted free agent.

Texans | McKenzie re-signed
Sat, 18 Mar 2006 16:10:44 -0800

The Houston Texans have re-signed CB Chris McKenzie to a one-year, $350,000 contract. He was an exclusive-rights free agent.
KFFL
Old 03-18-2006   #2
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881
Default Texans resign two

Quote:
Texans | Murphy re-signed
Sat, 18 Mar 2006 16:11:53 -0800

The Houston Texans have re-signed TE Matt Murphy to a one-year, $585,000 contract. He was a restricted free agent.

Texans | McKenzie re-signed
Sat, 18 Mar 2006 16:10:44 -0800

The Houston Texans have re-signed CB Chris McKenzie to a one-year, $350,000 contract. He was an exclusive-rights free agent.
I don't care much for Matt Murphy but I'm glad to see McKenzie come back for us. I think he's got a lot of potential.
Old 03-18-2006   #3
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected

lol, I just posted this in another thread because I didn't see this...

I like McKenzie, he could someday be a starting corner for an NFL team.

Murphy is our #4 TE behind Miller, Bruener, and Joppru (if he can make it through training camp) but I think he caught a few balls last year.
Old 03-18-2006   #4
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

yup i like chris alot, im glad we re-signed him, maybe they should've sent him to europe, so we can see what hes got, cause he only played acouple plays last season, maybe next year
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
I don't care much for Matt Murphy but I'm glad to see McKenzie come back for us. I think he's got a lot of potential.
McKenzie and D-Rob on corner blitzes will make even P-Burn't get picks.

That was literally my metaphoric reaction to the McKenzie news.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23
yup i like chris alot, im glad we re-signed him, maybe they should've sent him to europe, so we can see what hes got, cause he only played acouple plays last season, maybe next year
Yeah, but we don't want him to get hurt across the pond. He's already shown that he can make plays in the NFL.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #7
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Miller? did we sign him again? or am i thinking of a different miller

anyways bring back BILLY MILLER, we love him
Sponsored links
Old 03-18-2006   #8
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
lol, I just posted this in another thread because I didn't see this...

I like McKenzie, he could someday be a starting corner for an NFL team.

Murphy is our #4 TE behind Miller, Bruener, and Joppru (if he can make it through training camp) but I think he caught a few balls last year.
Damn, I hate to break it to you. Miller's been gone. Murphy would be #2 on that list. Considering Joppru hasn't stayed healthy I think Murphy might have the edge.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #9
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_boy_yec
Damn, I hate to break it to you. Miller's been gone. Murphy would be #2 on that list. Considering Joppru hasn't stayed healthy I think Murphy might have the edge.
I didn't know that but I don't really care if we sign Putzier. When was he released?
Old 03-18-2006   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Good to see Murphy will be back to work on his bull fighting skills. How many times can a TE yell Ole without being cut? I noticed Rivers on ST often, but not Murphy. Not sure where his value is.
Old 03-18-2006   #11
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
I didn't know that but I don't really care if we sign Putzier. When was he released?
Miller? I think it was a yr. ago. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. By the way I kinda do hope we sign Putzier. He would be a solid addition.
Old 03-18-2006   #12
hot pickle
Canada Eh

do yall think billy would wanna come back to houston for a low cost?
Old 03-18-2006   #13
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Miller? I think it was a yr. ago. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. By the way I kinda do hope we sign Putzier. He would be a solid addition.
Wow I must really be stuck in the past.
Old 03-18-2006   #14
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23
do yall think billy would wanna come back to houston for a low cost?
He should, just looked at kffl on him. Got released in the middle of the year last year. Didn't do anything for the Browns.

Last two news updates on him per kffl:
Quote:
Browns | Miller Cut
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 13:29:48 -0800

The Cleveland Browns announced they have terminated the contract of TE Billy Miller.

Browns | Week 8 Inactives
Sun, 30 Oct 2005 09:28:52 -0800

The Cleveland Browns have declared CB Antonio Perkins, TE Billy Miller, WR Brandon Rideau, OG Dave Yovanovits, DL David McMillan, QB Derek Anderson, WR Frisman Jackson, RB Lee Suggs inactive for Week 8.
Old 03-18-2006   #15
hot pickle
Canada Eh

yah i think that if we cant get putzier, we should bring billy back, cause i think in a new offense he can do good
Old 03-18-2006   #16
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Looks like we resigned a third player
Quote:
Texans | B. Pittman re-signed
Sat, 18 Mar 2006 16:15:11 -0800

The Houston Texans have re-signed OC Bryan Pittman to a three-year contract with base salaries of $500,000 (2006), $545,000 (2007) and $545,000 (2008). He was a restricted free agent.
Let's see if I'm right about him...
Wasn't he our long snapper last year?
Old 03-18-2006   #17
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Quote:
Looks like we resigned a third player

Let's see if I'm right about him...
Wasn't he our long snapper last year?
No. J/K yeah, you nailed it, that's him.
Old 03-18-2006   #18
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Quote:
No. J/K yeah, you nailed it, that's him.
Yes!!! lol
Old 03-18-2006   #19
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm happy McKenzie is coming back, he should be a decent nickel back with some work. He might be a little short for a starting corner.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #20
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

all three i think were expected to re-sign although i'm not so sure matt murphy will make it out of the pre-season this year

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read