Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-18-2006   #1
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Default LB problem

I was wondering after reading a few threads on this board, everyone is worried about the d line. But what about the LB corps? The only health starter is Greenwood. He will most likely be the weak side LB, while Wong who had a ACL injury last year is projected to be the MLB. So who will be the strong side LB? Orr is undersized and Peek could, but would be a better DE. This leaves either the draft or free agency. And last time I checked there weren't many good LBs left. So does anyone have any idea on what the team will do? I mean there will be some good LBs left in the 2nd round when we pick.
Old 03-18-2006   #2
real

I think when kaillee is healthy he will be the strong side LB, so I think we will be needing a MLB
Old 03-18-2006   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess Polk could play MLB and put Wong at OLB
Old 03-18-2006   #4
Mightymike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
I guess Polk could play MLB and put Wong at OLB
we need to draft a MLB
i think we should go for Abdul Hodge with our second 3rd rd pick
Mightymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #5
Dunta_23
All Pro

There is talk thet Terry Piece will be our MLB...he was signed after the super bowl I believe...there was a thread about it...

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...t=terry+pierce
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #6
Mightymike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23
There is talk thet Terry Piece will be our MLB...he was signed after the super bowl I believe...there was a thread about it...

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...t=terry+pierce
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/6186282

he's ranked under......
1. E.J. Henderson
2. Boss Bailey (only guy Iv'e heard of)
3. Gerald Hayes
4. Clifton Smith
5. Victor Hobson
6. LaMarcus McDonald

in his draft class

Last edited by Mightymike; 03-18-2006 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-18-2006   #7
texman8
Veteran

Depth Chart (LB)

Outside LB: Greenwood
Wong
Orr
Middle LB:Polk
Pierce

We need to get Hodge or Schlegel (Ohio State) in draft.
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-18-2006   #8
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Hodge or DQ wouldn't piss me off. Wong had two knee surgeries since October (torn patella tendon and ACL). He's less than 3 months into his ACL rehab and I would be very surprised if he was ready to go by Sept - and then at what speed. Polk is a FA. Orr can play some outside. Basically, we suck at LB.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #9
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
I was wondering after reading a few threads on this board, everyone is worried about the d line. But what about the LB corps? The only health starter is Greenwood. He will most likely be the weak side LB, while Wong who had a ACL injury last year is projected to be the MLB. So who will be the strong side LB? Orr is undersized and Peek could, but would be a better DE. This leaves either the draft or free agency. And last time I checked there weren't many good LBs left. So does anyone have any idea on what the team will do? I mean there will be some good LBs left in the 2nd round when we pick.
i think Wong will be SOLB but even if he is MLB- the draft is loaded with OLB's so i wouldnt worry
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #10
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I've never even heard of Terry, anyone want to give me a background on him?
Old 03-18-2006   #11
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
I think Peek may be better suited for lb now. Because he is only 6'3 238 which isnt big enough to play DE.
I got this from http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396057

I have been saying for a few weeks that I want the Texans to draft a LB in the second round if winston and mangold are both gone. I would look at Abdul Hodges or Thomas Howard im leaning towards Howard.

Abdul Hodges http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...bdulhodge.html

Thomas Howard http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...mashoward.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #12
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Hodge or DQ wouldn't piss me off. Wong had two knee surgeries since October (torn patella tendon and ACL). He's less than 3 months into his ACL rehab and I would be very surprised if he was ready to go by Sept - and then at what speed. Polk is a FA. Orr can play some outside. Basically, we suck at LB.
look at the 'workout warriors' thread or home page-Wong is 1 of them- i think he said he expects to be ready for training camp
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #13
Mightymike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
I think Peek may be better suited for lb now. Because he is only 6'3 238 which isnt big enough to play DE.
I got this from http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396057

I have been saying for a few weeks that I want the Texans to draft a LB in the second round if winston and mangold are both gone. I would look at Abdul Hodges or Thomas Howard im leaning towards Howard.

Abdul Hodges http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...bdulhodge.html

Thomas Howard http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...mashoward.html
howard plays OLB, we need a MLB
Old 03-18-2006   #14
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont see why he cant play mlb.

Quote:
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Old 03-18-2006   #15
killerklown24
Rookie

Went to K-State and originally signed by the Broncos out of college.

I don't think our current GM seems to think that LB or OL is an issue with this team...you have to wonder what games he is wathcing...must still be watching PbucH tape...
Old 03-18-2006   #16
Dunta_23
All Pro

If we draft an MLB I dont see it being in the first 2 rounds....I really like Gerris Wilkerson...Seems like he has a lot of potential

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...wilkinson.html
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #17
Mightymike
Veteran

Quote:
I dont see why he cant play mlb.
u probably also don't see why babin can't play MLB
Old 03-18-2006   #18
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5
look at the 'workout warriors' thread or home page-Wong is 1 of them- i think he said he expects to be ready for training camp
I read the story. Of course he says that. Would he say anything different?

I don't think any NFL player can really be 'ready' 6 1/2 months after surgery to repair a torn ACL, much less ACL and patella tendon.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #19
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Babin definetly wont be a good MLB ive stated that in a few other threads. Thomas Howard is 6'3 239 and ran a 4.4 40. So now you tell me why he cant.

Also I think Wong will be our MLB and that means Thomas Howard can play OLB.

Quote:

Last edited by Bubbajwp; 03-18-2006 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-18-2006   #20
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Babin definetly wont be a good MLB ive stated that in a few other threads. Thomas Howard is 6'3 239 and ran a 4.4 40. So know you tell me why he cant.

Also I think Wong will be our MLB and that means Thomas Howard can play OLB.
I have seen Howard play is he is athletic as they come, but has little feel for LB in even in college. He is a project that will take sometime in the pros.

Quote:
Yes, if we had to line up three right now and play a football game, the Texans would be in horrible shape.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read