Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-18-2006   #1
uteric3232
Rookie

Default Official Wonderlic scores released to teams....

The official scores from the Wonderlic Tests taken at the combine were released. As usual, there were some interesting results. Texas QB Vince Young did indeed take the test twice. The league has been tight-lipped regarding his first score, but the higher score of his two attempts was a 15. Young's score was bad, but not the worst of this year's quarterback class. That honor goes to Virginia Tech's Marcus Vick, who scored an 11 on the test.

A perfect score is 50, and the highest score any player posted in this year's class was a 41 (Oklahoma DT Dusty Dvoracek). The lowest score of this year's class was an eight (Syracuse DE Kader Drame, Alabama ILB Freddie Roach, Louisville DT Montavious Stanley, N.C. State TE T.J. Williams and Oklahoma DC Chijioke Onyenegecha), and the average score of all the quarterbacks was a 24.6.

The Wonderlic Personnel Test (WPT) is a short-form intelligence test that measures players' ability to think on their feet, follow directions and make effective decisions under pressure. While Young and Vick exposed their weaknesses in those areas, other quarterbacks shined. Grambling's Bruce Eugene (41), Montana State's Travis Lulay (37), USC's Matt Leinart (35) and Oregon's Kellen Clemens (35) all posted impressive scores.

Prospects at other positions who excelled include Ohio State OC Nick Mangold (35), Tulsa TE/FB Garrett Mills (35), Oregon LB Keith Ellison (36), Cal-Poly State DE Chris Gocong (36), Cornell OL Kevin Boothe (37), Virginia WR Marques Hagans (37), Stanford DT Babatunde Oshinowo (37) and Boston College OT Jeremy Trueblood (37).

Others didn't fare so well, such as Penn State DC Alan Zemaitis (9), Marshall DC Chris Hawkins (10), Miami DE Javon Nanton (10), South Carolina DS Ko Simpson (10), Central Missouri State WR Delanie Walker (10), Syracuse DE James Wyche (10), LSU WR/RS Skyler Green (11), Tennessee DB Jason Allen (11), Clemson DE Charles Bennett (11), Abilene Christian DB Danieal Manning (12), Texas Tech DS Dwayne Slay (12), South Florida RB Andre Hall (13), Pittsburgh DC Josh Lay (13), UCLA TE Marcedes Lewis (13), Mississippi State RB Jerious Norwood (13) and Tarleton State RB Derrick Ross (13).
uteric3232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #2
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 145529 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Where are you getting this from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #3
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

bruce eugene is looking better and better...huge, 41 on the wonderlic, fast, beast of an arm...impossible to sack...yeah, i want him in the 6th

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #4
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by uteric3232
The official scores from the Wonderlic Tests taken at the combine were released. As usual, there were some interesting results. Texas QB Vince Young did indeed take the test twice. The league has been tight-lipped regarding his first score, but the higher score of his two attempts was a 15. Young's score was bad, but not the worst of this year's quarterback class. That honor goes to Virginia Tech's Marcus Vick, who scored an 11 on the test.

A perfect score is 50, and the highest score any player posted in this year's class was a 41 (Oklahoma DT Dusty Dvoracek). The lowest score of this year's class was an eight (Syracuse DE Kader Drame, Alabama ILB Freddie Roach, Louisville DT Montavious Stanley, N.C. State TE T.J. Williams and Oklahoma DC Chijioke Onyenegecha), and the average score of all the quarterbacks was a 24.6.

Others didn't fare so well, such as Penn State DC Alan Zemaitis (9), Marshall DC Chris Hawkins (10), Miami DE Javon Nanton (10), South Carolina DS Ko Simpson (10), Central Missouri State WR Delanie Walker (10), Syracuse DE James Wyche (10), LSU WR/RS Skyler Green (11), Tennessee DB Jason Allen (11), Clemson DE Charles Bennett (11), Abilene Christian DB Danieal Manning (12), Texas Tech DS Dwayne Slay (12), South Florida RB Andre Hall (13), Pittsburgh DC Josh Lay (13), UCLA TE Marcedes Lewis (13), Mississippi State RB Jerious Norwood (13) and Tarleton State RB Derrick Ross (13).

TYPO^..im reliably informed VY did in fact score 51 on his 2nd attempt.

seriously though alot of guys who've been touted on this MB did badly- how are they such dumbasses- yeah its not that important but its part of the process and a bad score can have a negative effect on what position you're taken at, so i dont know how they cant take it seriously, if thats the problem
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #5
uteric3232
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
Where are you getting this from?
espn.com
Old 03-18-2006   #6
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

In a way I'm glad Ko did bad, maybe he'll fall to us at the beginning of the second round now
Old 03-18-2006   #7
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

From what I heard Vick only took the test once, so his 11 on his first try is still better than Vince's 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
bruce eugene is looking better and better...huge, 41 on the wonderlic, fast, beast of an arm...impossible to sack...yeah, i want him in the 6th
FYI on Bruce Eugene, he ran a sub 5.10 in the 40, hardly fast at all. He did put up a nice wonderlic teast though and looks like a shorter, slower version of Daunte Culpepper, and not as talented either. I don't see much point in us drafting him.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-18-2006   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
In a way I'm glad Ko did bad, maybe he'll fall to us at the beginning of the second round now

Thats what im talking about.

All of these top prospects need to be pushed down.
Old 03-19-2006   #9
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
Thats what im talking about.

All of these top prospects need to be pushed down.
I doubt a lower wonderlic score matters much for safeties in the grand scheme of things. I think QBs is the only position that teams would pay much attention to since they are generally the leader of the team, they touch the ball every play and they have the greatest responsibility in running the offense, but even still a low wonderlic score isn't generally going to cause a team to not draft someone and a high wonderlic score isn't generally going to cause a team to draft someone that they otherwise would not have picked.
Old 03-19-2006   #10
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 145529 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
espn.com
Need to give the site credit. A link to the article would've be great. Seemed like you either has "inside info" or passing it off as made up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #11
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

No one asked. Did Bush take the Wonderlic? And if he did, what did he get? Just curious....

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #12
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Need to give the site credit. A link to the article would've be great. Seemed like you either has "inside info" or passing it off as made up.
I checked their website to try to confirm it and it looked like it was an ESPN Insider article so only people with Insider can read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life
No one asked. Did Bush take the Wonderlic? And if he did, what did he get? Just curious....
I asked a buddy of mine that has access to such info and he said it was in the low 20s.
Old 03-19-2006   #13
uteric3232
Rookie

Quote:
90% of message boards dont allow insider articles posted. So I posted like this so people could actually read it. Im new here and dont know how it works on this site. Personally I think it is dumb that some moderators care that it is from a pay site...it isnt their site. But whatever, do u really NEED a link to believe someone?? fine...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...CMP=ILC-INHEAD
Old 03-19-2006   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
90% of message boards dont allow insider articles posted. So I posted like this so people could actually read it. Im new here and dont know how it works on this site. Personally I think it is dumb that some moderators care that it is from a pay site...it isnt their site. But whatever, do u really NEED a link to believe someone?? fine...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...CMP=ILC-INHEAD

We do not fully republish protected © here at this site since we do not want a lawsuit. Quote an article (please do not copy and paste an entire article) and provide a link so we can verify it, and yes, I really do need that link thankyouverymuch. This isn't a moderator policy....they do what they are told.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #15
uteric3232
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
We do not fully republish protected here at this site since we do not want a lawsuit. Quote an article (please do not copy and paste an entire article) and provide a link so we can verify it, and yes, I really do need that link thankyouverymuch. This isn't a moderator policy....they do what they are told.
ok, well this was just a paragraph of a very long article, not fully republished....

And I can assure you ESPN has bigger fish to fry than stopping 3rd parties from posting on an NFL message board...
Old 03-19-2006   #16
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=MorKnolle]I doubt a lower wonderlic score matters much for safeties in the grand scheme of things.

Just want to ask you do you really want your last line of defense making stupid decisions and giving up touchdowns??

I would say that apart from the linebacker calling the defense no one needs more intelligence......
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006   #17
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 127674 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A perfect score is 50, and the highest score any player posted in this year's class was a 41 (Oklahoma DT Dusty Dvoracek).
suprising. he really caught my eye during the combine because he just looked crazy. everyone else looked like football players ... he looked like a 300lb romanowski with worse intentions when he lined up for his 40. then after reading up on him i find that he's got issues with alcohol and fighting, and has had to receive anger management counseling ... and scores highest on the wonderlic. i'd sign him!
Old 03-20-2006   #18
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
We do not fully republish protected here at this site since we do not want a lawsuit. Quote an article (please do not copy and paste an entire article) and provide a link so we can verify it, and yes, I really do need that link thankyouverymuch. This isn't a moderator policy....they do what they are told.
i see what you're saying vinny but i visit 3 other sites regularly and you're allowed to post any insider info. like somebody said espn arent likely to care much about the odd bit of insider info posted on a MB
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ok, well this was just a paragraph of a very long article, not fully republished....

And I can assure you ESPN has bigger fish to fry than stopping 3rd parties from posting on an NFL message board...
I can assure you that if you do not follow our simple rules you won't be allowed to participate. I never said you couldn't post a quote.

Thanks for the help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5
i see what you're saying vinny but i visit 3 other sites regularly and you're allowed to post any insider info. like somebody said espn arent likely to care much about the odd bit of insider info posted on a MB
The Texans only own this site so we really aren't worried about the policies of other message boards.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006   #20
uteric3232
Rookie

[quote=Vinny]I can assure you that if you do not follow our simple rules you won't be allowed to participate.[quote]

oh....im shaking...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read