Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-17-2006   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Free agent O-linemen?

It's nice and good to hear about wide recievers, tight ends, etc.. who might sign with the Texans, but I haven't heard anything about a potential offensive lineman who will help us. It's our most important need, and although it's still early in free agency, I hope we sign at least one quality lineman before it dries up. Any thoughts?

EDIT: Apparently, I missed the piece about Flanagan.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006   #2
TD143
Rookie

Default Zeus

Well the reason you don't see anything concrete is look who our GM is...

Newflash Casserly..how about looking at Orlando Brown who the Ravens needed to cost-cut. Give him some $$$ for a couple of year deal and FINALLY protect the QB you are forcing us to accept. :brickwall
TD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006   #3
el toro
All Pro

I've seen a number of O-line names linked to the Texans and posted about in this forum. Patience.
el toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006   #4
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Any reason we iddn't even make an offer to Hutch?
Old 03-17-2006   #5
BrianC
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill
did u see the contract the Vikings gave him? he was obviously out of our price range
BrianC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006   #6
Dunta_23
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill

about 50 million reasons
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006   #7
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

The highest lineman salary in the history of the NFL is a good reason. On another note, how in the world is Archuleta the highest paid safety? I wonder what decent safeties will actually get.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-17-2006   #8
JAXwithanX
Veteran

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2371250

Orlando Brown...the guy who got hit with the ref's flag....has been released....may be worth looking at. He used to be a beast.
JAXwithanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006   #9
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

i'm hoping for flanagan to sign here pretty soon...maybe over the weekend...as far as i'm concerned i think with flanagan we have our starting line-up set...isn't the lack of depth we have that concerns me...for some reason the homepage still has gerrick jones on our roster even though he is a atlanta falcon...that means...if we re-sign wand we have exactly 3 tackles...3 guards and 4 centers with flanagan...that's not a lot...we need some veteran guys to be signed so if weigert were to go down again or wade we're not stuck with rookie lineman who were probably drafted on the second day
Old 03-17-2006   #10
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

We're getting D'Brickshaw. Cass, make it happen.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006   #11
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Orlando Brown is big, slow and old. Not a good fit in a zone scheme.
Old 03-17-2006   #12
zeplin
Veteran

[quote=TexanSam]It's nice and good to hear about wide recievers, tight ends, etc.. who might sign with the Texans, but I haven't heard anything about a potential offensive lineman who will help us. It's our most important need, and although it's still early in free agency, I hope we sign at least one quality lineman before it dries up. Any thoughts?

EDIT: Apparently, I missed the piece about

Flanagan.[/QUOTE

I was just about to start a thread similiarto this one..
I think it would have started." We are looking but when do will we sign a OL."
I think the next few days will tell the tale.
If we do not sign one in FA I think we missed our opportunity. The draft is looking interesting. Maybe D'brick isn't so far away after all .
Old 03-17-2006   #13
JAXwithanX
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
Orlando Brown is big, slow and old. Not a good fit in a zone scheme.
Well did you want him to be small and fast?....he is a OT. Although yes he is old. But I'm sorry I think you could make an argument that he would upgrade our line as of right now.
Old 03-17-2006   #14
JAXwithanX
Veteran

BTW I think if we end up signing Putzier and Burleson....all of your D-Brick fans can get a lot more hopeful and excited about the chance of us moving down and signing him.
Old 03-17-2006   #15
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

no exactly with the saints getting brees any chance of us trading down is slim to none with none being about 75%
Old 03-17-2006   #16
JAXwithanX
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
no exactly with the saints getting brees any chance of us trading down is slim to none with none being about 75%
Yeah i was just trying to throw something out there for the 'Pro-Bowl LT or your a crap team' group. Although my god we do need something there.
Old 03-17-2006   #17
GoBlue
Rookie

Default Jeff Mitchell

Is Jeff Mitchell, Center from the Panthers, still avail? He is rated just higher than Flanagan by scouts.com and is one year younger. Seems like a good option to bring some experience *including a superbowl ring* to the offensive line if Flanagan doesn't work out.
Old 03-18-2006   #18
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue
Is Jeff Mitchell, Center from the Panthers, still avail? He is rated just higher than Flanagan by scouts.com and is one year younger. Seems like a good option to bring some experience *including a superbowl ring* to the offensive line if Flanagan doesn't work out.
I think he is I know he was released but I haven't heard anything on him. He probably wants more money than Flanagan though.
Old 03-18-2006   #19
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

KFFL says we're going to meet with Tom Ashworth

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read