Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-16-2006   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default TO to Sign With Cowboys

Quote:
Terrell Owens To Sign With Cowboys
( Air Date: 3/16/2006 )
Sources within the Dallas Cowboys have told the KLBK-13 Sports Department that the Cowboys have signed wide receiver Terrell Owens.

Terms of his contract have not been disclosed.

The Cowboys plan to announce the signing of Owens officially in a press conference on Monday.
http://www.klbk.com/
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #2
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

and so the TO time bomb 3 count down begins
Old 03-16-2006   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
REPORT OF T.O. SIGNING IS "BOGUS"

Reports originating from a Lubbock, Texas television station that receiver Terrell Owens has signed with the Cowboys are "bogus," a league source with knowledge of the situation tells us.

KLBK 13 says that sources with the Cowboys have told the station that Owens already has been signed, and that the move will be announced on Monday.

On one hand, we could envision the Cowboys intentionally leaking misinformation in order to scare off other potential suitors while owner Jerry Jones wraps up a vacation. On the other hand, why in the hell would the leak be made to a television station in Lubbock?

Bottom line -- there's no deal, and the reports are erroneous.
Profootballtalk.com
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #4
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected

Lets hope its not true. I for one am on the TO bandwagon for him to come here. But likely to believe a news station than pft anyday.

I'm going to change this thread to "rumored signing" until we have a complete confirmation.
Old 03-16-2006   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Lets hope its not true. I for one am on the TO bandwagon for him to come here. But likely to believe a news station than pft anyday.

I'm going to change this thread to "rumored signing" until we have a complete confirmation.
We can't have two #1 recievers. AJ or TO will get pissed at one time or another. If TO didn't like Garcia or McNabb, I'm not so sure he'll love David Carr.

So, what's your over/under on when TO will be suspended? Mine is +/-8
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #6
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

TO isnt coming here no matter what.
Old 03-16-2006   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101824 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

TO would never come here, whens the last time a 2-14 team landed a FA like that regardless of attitude issues, especially when he has teams like Dallas and Denver out for him. TO to the Texans aint happening. People say TO is all about the money, but I believe he is also all about the HEADLINES. TO playing in Dallas would give him all the Headlines and all the attention he needs to feed his ego

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-16-2006   #8
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sure if I'd want TO here if he played for league minimum. AJ is our #1 guy, TO will go to a team who needs a #1 WR.
Old 03-17-2006   #9
TEXANS84

Cowboys | Report - Owens agrees to three-year deal with Dallas
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 20:55:47 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, free agent WR Terrell Owens' (Eagles) agent, Drew Rosenhaus, has denied a report from KLBK-13 CBS TV in Lubbock, Texas, that Owens has agreed to a deal with the Dallas Cowboys. While Rosenhaus is denying the report, a source close to Owens has confirmed to FOXSports.com that Owens has agreed to a three-year deal and it will not be announced until the coming days.
Old 03-17-2006   #10
Section 620
Rookie

Default T.O and the boys... A match made in heaven?

Cowboys | Report - Owens agrees to three-year deal with Dallas
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 20:55:47 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, free agent WR Terrell Owens' (Eagles) agent, Drew Rosenhaus, has denied a report from KLBK-13 CBS TV in Lubbock, Texas, that Owens has agreed to a deal with the Dallas Cowboys. While Rosenhaus is denying the report, a source close to Owens has confirmed to FOXSports.com that Owens has agreed to a three-year deal and it will not be announced until the coming days.

Cue tick..tock cue off the show "24" as it will only be a short time until the cowboys clubhouse goes BOOM!
Section 620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006   #11
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

who would of known TO a cowboy i still remember his infamous touchdown celebrations. againts dallas
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I catch alot of slack for telling the Cowboys that it was their own fault..... That team never should have been that bad........

Rosenhaus needs to deny, and they need to hold off on the announcement as long as possible. They really should have had T.O. visit other teams, like Carolina, or Tennesseee........

It looks pretty Bad, with the drama from earlier in the season, then bam, cut key, bam, sign T.O. ........ a lot of coincedences(sp) took place to make that happen.
Old 03-17-2006   #13
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be amazed if the Arlinton Cowboys signed TO, because isn't he the guy who trashed the team logo in Texas stadium awhile back when still with the
49ers ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006   #14
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I am so thankful that I am no longer a Cowboys fan. Does Jones have any sense of respect for the history of that franchise? Bringing Tuna and now TO to Dallas is ludicrous. That team deserves all they get from bad karma.
Old 03-17-2006   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
We can't have two #1 recievers. AJ or TO will get pissed at one time or another. If TO didn't like Garcia or McNabb, I'm not so sure he'll love David Carr.

So, what's your over/under on when TO will be suspended? Mine is +/-8
As long as Kubiak treats David Carr like every other player. Get's on him when he screws up, pat him on the back when he does well, I don't think Terrell will have a problem with David. Especially if Terrell says, " When you see him on me, I'm open, throw it up, I'll get it" If David trusts him, and does that......... T.O. won't have a problem.

I think that will be the problem with Drew Bledsoe...... I haven't seen Bledsoe trust anyone that much........ not even Terry Glen, who he's worked with for a long time now. Most DBs will get turned around by Glenn, and Drew needs to throw the ball earlier than when he does. Instead, he waits untill Glen has seperation...... usually resulting in a sack, or a poorly thrown ball, caused by a shrinking pocket.

I've seen Keyshawn in Bledsoe's ear......... telling him to throw him the ball, when he's man to man with a 5'9" corner on the outside...... even if it looks like he's covered........ but Drew wouldn't do it.
Old 03-17-2006   #16
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
I am so thankful that I am no longer a Cowboys fan. Does Jones have any sense of respect for the history of that franchise? Bringing Tuna and now TO to Dallas is ludicrous. That team deserves all they get from bad karma.

Jerry is all about selling tickets. Terrell sells tickets. End of story.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD

You're also going to see a lot of that Dallas Star on T.V. when Terrell does something...... dance with the cheerleaders, pose in the star, says something ****-phobic about his QB.

no such thing as bad publicity.
Old 03-17-2006   #18
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep. Terrell is a ratings magnet.

Proof positive is all the publicity that has been generated just speculating on where he will go.

Jerry eats that stuff up. That's his living. He's hearing the cha-ching as I'm typing this probably.
Old 03-17-2006   #19
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
I would have answered that in middle school with a, no duh. Of course that is what he is about, but that does not make it right or palatable for the fan.
Old 03-17-2006   #20
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
I would have answered that in middle school with a, no duh. Of course that is what he is about, but that does not make it right or palatable for the fan.

Really? And you think Jerry cares about the fans and what's right for the fans?

What's right for the fans is winning. Putting a winning team on the field. Making the ticket worth the price you pay for it.

Jerry said...oh on the second day he owned the team I think...that he was the one making the decisions around there now and nothing's changed in all these years.

If they worked out a deal nothing I can do about it. If they don't same thing.

I don't go to the games. If I did and I didn't like this I guess I could not go if it bothered me that much. I don't, it doesn't and it's just something to comment on on message boards.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read