Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-16-2006   #1
Dime
Hall of Fame

Default Mark my words down.

Here is my words.. I will eat them in the future if I am wrong. I got a feeling I wont be wrong. If they peave you, tough. I call them like I see them, but this is just what I see.

1. David Carr will start off horrible, and not improve skill wise very much. He will be replaced within 2 years. I see even 1 or 2 games played by Sage/or Ragone. (btw, not saying they do any better)

2. Jason Babin (Barring injury) with the new 4-3 will not only earn a starting position at DE, but will have the MOST sacks by the Texans this year. Many bashers here will jump on the love babin band wagon.

3. We will have the most interceptions that we ever had, setting a new Texans record this year. (revised: we get them, not meaning thrown)

4. Bennie is released before final cuts due to ... hate to say this.. injury.

5. Bush will be the pick. I hate to say this, we need so much more, but his trade sitiuation just went down, and he will be a Texan.

6. Carr will have 1/2 the amount of Sacks this year then he did last year.

7. Mathis will NOT have a breakout year as a WR(this one just kills me to say), but does return 3 punts/1 Kickoff return.

8. I will get bashed for high heaven for saying these things, but I will be right about most of them.

We will see.. I will eat them if they dont come true, just what I see in my magic 8-ball.

Last edited by Dime; 03-16-2006 at 09:41 PM.
Dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #2
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime
3. We will have the most interceptions that we ever had, setting a new Texans record this year.
Thrown or caught.
Old 03-16-2006   #3
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
Thrown or caught.
My mistake... We catch, not thrown.
Old 03-16-2006   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
3. We will have the most interceptions that we ever had, setting a new Texans record this year. (revised: we get them, not meaning thrown).
Man, I hate to knock one of your few positives, but in 2004 the Texans had 22 INT's which is pretty darn good so hope you're right because the bar is already high--top 5 in the league high.
Old 03-16-2006   #5
outofhnd
All Pro

Carr leaving in 2 years, hard to say unless we address the blocking he is excellent on the rollout
Old 03-16-2006   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I can see all of them coming true except for the David Carr one. I don't think he's going to start off horrible, and I don't see Sage or Ragone starting a game in place of him unless he gets injured. Carr can't really have much worse of a season that he did last year. Same goes for the whole team. I'm excited to see what Kubiak does with Carr. He has a proven track record and I truely believe Carr will be a Pro-Bowler within in the next 2 years. Besides, I like my Carr jersey.
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #7
TexansJunkE
Veteran

I also think Babin we be a totally different player this year. Peek is overated!
TexansJunkE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-16-2006   #8
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I don't think Mathis will return 3 punts for touchdowns. He isn't a very good punt returner and Bush will probably be the punt returner because that is one of his strengths.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #9
bdiddy
Veteran

Quote:
Here is my words.. I will eat them in the future if I am wrong. I got a feeling I wont be wrong. If they peave you, tough. I call them like I see them, but this is just what I see.

1. David Carr will start off horrible, and not improve skill wise very much. He will be replaced within 2 years. I see even 1 or 2 games played by Sage/or Ragone. (btw, not saying they do any better)

2. Jason Babin (Barring injury) with the new 4-3 will not only earn a starting position at DE, but will have the MOST sacks by the Texans this year. Many bashers here will jump on the love babin band wagon.

3. We will have the most interceptions that we ever had, setting a new Texans record this year. (revised: we get them, not meaning thrown)

5. Bush will be the pick. I hate to say this, we need so much more, but his trade sitiuation just went down, and he will be a Texan.

7. Mathis will NOT have a breakout year as a WR(this one just kills me to say), but does return 3 punts/1 Kickoff return.

8. I will get bashed for high heaven for saying these things, but I will be right about most of them.

We will see.. I will eat them if they dont come true, just what I see in my magic 8-ball.

Why bother being a fan of the team? For that matter, why bother getting out of bed in the morning if this is your outlook? I prefer to be a glass half-full type of guy.
Old 03-16-2006   #10
Texas_Heat
Veteran

Quote:

, on this Board you can say what's on your mind without getting attack
Greatest Metal Bands: #1 VENOM # 2 SLAYER.

Last edited by Texas_Heat; 03-17-2006 at 12:41 PM.
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #11
Paragon Blue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansJunkE
I also think Babin we be a totally different player this year. Peek is overated!
Good because everytime I leave the stadium I have to deal with people passing by honking and yelling Babin sucks!!!!
Old 03-16-2006   #12
LongBignasty1
Veteran

Tulexan is insane! You would let your #1 overall pick return punt's when you have P-buc(who can't play cb) and dunta? Oh your very funny or very misled.
Old 03-16-2006   #13
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansJunkE
Post of the week. The truth hurts people.
Old 03-16-2006   #14
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBignasty1
Tulexan is insane! You would let your #1 overall pick return punt's when you have P-buc(who can't play cb) and dunta? Oh your very funny or very misled.
Why wouldnt you? IF we actually make this stupid move and take Bush, he will return punts. He has said that is his favorite part of the game, and he does better than the average punt returner. He is the right kind of quick for it. Also, he will not be getting 25 touches a game, so we might as well get our damn money's worth.
Old 03-16-2006   #15
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

Thumbs down No way in HELL

if bush is our selection with the first pick...there is/should be no way he returns punts... you would have to be high on crack to let him go back there and risk injury and allow him to take more hits than he will at RB just for returning punts.
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #16
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsfanatic
if bush is our selection with the first pick...there is/should be no way he returns punts... you would have to be high on crack to let him go back there and risk injury and allow him to take more hits than he will at RB just for returning punts.
Thats the thing. You want to tout him and his ability to "juke, and break ankles" but you dont want to let him use it. Yes, he is going to be paid a lot, but he will not get enough touches otherwise to warrent top 5 money. He excells at this aspect of the game because he has an open field to work with at first.
Old 03-16-2006   #17
M@DD Mike
Rookie

He will be used in certain situations but I highly doubt he'll be back there everytime.
Old 03-16-2006   #18
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think Carr will start off slow but will improve as the season passes, and no I'm not saying he will be putting up pro bowl numbers this season but I think we'll see improvement from him. I agree with you on Babin. I have supported Babin since we drafted him and think he could be a really good DE for us. As far as the sacks decreasing by half not sure about that one.
Old 03-16-2006   #19
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

So forget the football talk, what are the Lotto numbers for Saturday?
Old 03-16-2006   #20
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:

1. I think Carr will improve, I'm not sure how soon it will happen. I see a lot of competitiveness in him and know he will put forth the effort, but with a new coaching group, new offense, and probably a decent turnover of personnel it will take them a while to gel together and get it going full strength. I think with an offense similar to Denver's with our personnel, I expect 62% completions, 3200-3500 yards, 20-22 TDs, and 12-15 INTs. (Plummer had 4089, 27 and 20 in 2004, 3386, 18, and 7 in 2005, Carr had 3531, 16, and 14 in 2004).
2. I don't agree here. I don't see the passion, fire, and high motor in him like I do in Peek, and I think Babin will have to perform that much better than Peek to get his shot since the coaches reportedly are high on Peek right now. I just don't see Babin having the heart and fire to get this done. I think Peek could get 10, maybe 12 sacks if we put good pressure on, Weaver and our DTs probably around the 4-6 range, Orr maybe 5-8, Wong and Greenwood 2-4, and hopefully Dunta, Earl, and whoever our #2 CB ends up being will add a couple too.
3. Should have a lot more than this year, but 2004 we were 2nd or 3rd in the NFL and I'm not sure we beat that, but it would be great if we could. If we hadn't signed Weaver and were going with Mario to boost our pass rush then get a better #2 CB and better coverage FS then I would tend to agree, but with uncertainty of those happening I can't really say right now.
4. I think and hope they'll keep him around (somewhat depending on what other TEs they bring in) since this is the last year of his contract and see what he can do, but I think he might have worn out his chances and the new coaching staff wants results and has no ties to the old regime and their picks and no reason to keep him around to prove he was a decent pick.
5. I definitely agree here. I'd still rather see Mario and I think there is about a 2% chance of us picking him, but other than that it is Reggie all the way, and I'll be thrilled to see what either one can do for us.
6. Hopefully this is true and I expect it to be. I think a new system, better coaching (Mike Sherman should be so much better for the OLine than Steve Marshall), and a couple new faces along the line and more threats in the offense, along with a consistent starting group the OLine will improve.
7. I don't think Mathis will ever be a true #2 WR, I think he will put up decent numbers (could have 30-40 catches and should average 15-20 yards per catch with 5+ TDs. I think he will get 2-3 KO returns for TDs, I doubt he returns punts with Buchanon and Bush around.
8. Well, this is my version of bashing you I guess, we'll have to wait and see what happens.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read