Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-16-2006   #1
BattleRed37
Rookie

Default Keyshawn Johnson a Texan?

What if Keyshawn Johnson became a Texan? He would complete the Texans offense, with Andre Johnson. It would be an unstoppable duo, Johnson & Johnson.

What's ya'll thoughts on this?
BattleRed37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #2
Samer
Veteran

If he is willing to be a #2 receiver behind A Johnson then yeah I'd go for it
Old 03-16-2006   #3
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samer
That's the only problem :brickwall He knows there are places he could easily go and be the #1 WR. But, if he does come here, he doesn't have to move as far.
Old 03-16-2006   #4
BeReal
Rookie

Yes, as long as he knew he would be the #2 guy. I think he would be a good possession receiver and bring a little swagger the Texans sorely need. I would be a little worried about the chemistry, but it is much less of a risk than T.O., although he also doesn't have nearly the upside.
BeReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #5
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

That would be the worst signing that the Texans ever made. Keshawn is past his prime nothing more than a large target that we would have if we sign putz. Putz is probably faster also. A guy like Brandon Marshall in the 4th or we need to just leave it and take a lower round athlete type guy.
Old 03-16-2006   #6
Mycco
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to Mycco

It would be sweet to land Key, but our track record in free agency shows that is simply wishful thinking. We're caught in a catch 22....Like most others have pointed out on this board...Top Notch talent won't come here, because our team sucks and our GM is content w/ overpaying no-names instead of addressing our glaring team needs.
Mycco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #7
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samer
C'mon. Be serious. Keyshawn is a significantly better receiver than Andre, isn't he?
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-16-2006   #8
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk
C'mon. Be serious. Keyshawn is a significantly better receiver than Andre, isn't he?
Old 03-16-2006   #9
DaveCarr@andrejohnson.net
Rookie

Yeh but wat about T.O.
DaveCarr@andrejohnson.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #10
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

My thoughts are....

that I am very glad that this header is more a hypothetical than a news flash.

I was worried there for a second.

If I want veteran WR, I want a veteran who is a good team guy and brings a team first work ethic to the table. Key would not be my first choice to be that guy.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #11
c5demon
Rookie

I WISH the Texans would just make a move. I'm getting tired of all the other teams willing and dealing and we AIN'T!
c5demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #12
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Keyshawn should not be traveling down the I-45 anytime soon. I could see him going to the Broncos.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #13
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by c5demon
I WISH the Texans would just make a move. I'm getting tired of all the other teams willing and dealing and we AIN'T!
Go look at what the Raiders or Packers have done. Weaver ain't looking so bad now.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #14
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

My thoughts: If you are going to tolerate an attitude problem, at least get 90 catches and 1300 yards and 13tds for it.
kcwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #15
M@DD Mike
Rookie

Keyshawn thinks he is worth more than he really is. I can't stand him.
Old 03-16-2006   #16
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRed37
What if Keyshawn Johnson became a Texan? He would complete the Texans offense, with Andre Johnson. It would be an unstoppable duo, Johnson & Johnson.

That would hardly complete our offense, it could potentially help it but I think Keyshawn's best days are definitely behind him, and to paraphrase one of the radio guys when he was asked about it earlier this week, a happy Keyshawn is good to have in the locker room, but an upset Keyshawn is one of the worst things you can have in your locker room, and chances are Keyshawn won't be completely satisfied with the success of our team, his role on the team, or some other random thing he can find to complain about if he came here, not to mention he's probably looking for more money than he's worth.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #17
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
Keyshawn should not be traveling down the I-45 anytime soon. I could see him going to the Broncos.
Dont be surprised if he ends up in New Orleans.....He would reunite with his former OC (Sean Payton)
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #18
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Seahawks | K. Johnson interested
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 14:06:11 -0800

Michael Silver, of Sports Illustrated, reports free agent WR Keyshawn Johnson (Cowboys) has interest in joining the Seattle Seahawks, among other teams.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #19
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasnt he Originally drafted by the Oilers .... subsequently refused to play for the team (Because they sucked so bad) and ended up w/ the Jets somehow ? .....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #20
Koolbrz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRed37

Key whould not be good for the Texans. When things are not going good he can be a cancer in the locker room. Not as bad as TO, but he can be a cancer. I also believe he will re-sign with the Cowboys. With TO there they will be a contender. No reason for him to leave.
Koolbrz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read