Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-16-2006   #1
Mycco
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to Mycco
Default another dismall season

Seeing how we are overspending for no-name talent, I think it's pretty safe to say that we are going to be in this same position next year. Clearly, this organization has it's priorities all mixed up. And w/ Gafney going to Phily, there are now more holes in an already enemic offense. I keep hoping that I'm going to be proven wrong, and that the club will just blow me away with a gutsy aquisition but that isn't going to happen, period! At least bring in some big names to at least act like your making a effort at building a winner! Pretty soon, all the good talent is going to be gone, and all we are going to have to show for it is...Weaver and Rosenfels.

TO THE REST OF YOU TEXAN FANS BE PREPARED TO STILL BE #2 IN THE STATE OF TEXAS! THE COWBOYS ARE GOING TO SMEAR THE TURF W/ THE TEXANS THIS YEAR!!! And the only reason is because Jerry Jones ain't afraid to let them hang and get things done!

CASSERLY GET OFF YOUR DUFF AND GET US SOME REAL PLAYERS!!!!!!!!
Mycco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Just because we haven't signed some big name players we're going to suck all over again? Let's wait to see what our new offense will look like before we make predictions. Heck, why not wait until free agency is over why don't we? It's been going on for what, a week, and it's already the sign of the apocolypse? Please. Oh, and let's wait until the draft is over also. There's still a lot of offseason left to change the makeup of this team. Stop whining.
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Couldn't you have found one of the other countless threads to put this in.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #4
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
Couldn't you have found one of the other countless threads to put this in.
He's just a Cowpie troll. He doesn't know better.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #5
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycco
Seeing how we are overspending for no-name talent, I think it's pretty safe to say that we are going to be in this same position next year. Clearly, this organization has it's priorities all mixed up. And w/ Gafney going to Phily, there are now more holes in an already enemic offense. I keep hoping that I'm going to be proven wrong, and that the club will just blow me away with a gutsy aquisition but that isn't going to happen, period! At least bring in some big names to at least act like your making a effort at building a winner! Pretty soon, all the good talent is going to be gone, and all we are going to have to show for it is...Weaver and Rosenfels.

TO THE REST OF YOU TEXAN FANS BE PREPARED TO STILL BE #2 IN THE STATE OF TEXAS! THE COWBOYS ARE GOING TO SMEAR THE TURF W/ THE TEXANS THIS YEAR!!! And the only reason is because Jerry Jones ain't afraid to let them hang and get things done!

Think for a minute. Why would you go and spend a whole lot of money on 2 0r 3 players with so many gaps to fill. We are not going to be playoff much less SB contenders next year.You spend this year and next year making solid additions to your team,while staying cap competitive.When you are 1 or 2 players away from the promise land then you hit the FA market hard. I think they are doing just what they need to do to be succesful.
Old 03-16-2006   #6
66cobra
Veteran

I wouldn't call it overspending for no-name talent; I call it stocking the roster with needed players. We needed a DE and we got Weaver; Kubiak wanted another eligible receiver with good hands out of the backfield and we got Jameel Cook. We may have a possible WR coming from Cinci in Kevin Walter to be our #2 or #3 receiver (he also has good size - think Red Zone). Yes, I know we haven't gotten any OLs yet, but give it time. Admittedly, Rosenfels is a head-scratcher, but Banks was gone and I think the Sage one is a better backup for Carr. It is entirely possible that we nab Putzier to fill a need at a multi-purpose TE. Yes, Gaff will be missed but there are other WRs out there that could match Gaff - it could be Walter, I don't know but let it all shake out before you get too aggravated. It is not good for the heart... heh-heh... But what have the Cowboys done except sign Kosier (OL) and cut Keyshawn?
66cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #7
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Mycco is right, better pack it up and wait for next year. 2007 here we come!
Old 03-16-2006   #8
Mycco
Rookie

I wish I could be as optimisitic as the rest of yall, and honestly I hope yall are right. But w/ evrey passing day another FA that could help fill our countless voids goes off the market. And they expect us to be overjoyed and happy with their lackluster effort to make this team better. C'mon..now...we were an up an coming team just 2 years ago. Now we're worse off than in our expansion year. I know Dallas hasn't made a splash in the FA market yet..but we all know who they are going to start courting. The point is that Jerry is a "GO GETTER", and that's the kind of leadership I feel the Texans need if they are ever going to escape the COWBOYS shadow. High risk/high reward!
Old 03-16-2006   #9
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
High risk/high reward!
High Risk:
Drew Henson = NO REWARD
Quincy Carter = NO REWARD
La'Roi Glover = NO REWARD
Marco Rivera = NO REWARD
Keyshawn Johnson = NO REWARD
Joey Galloway = NO REWARD x2

Exactly what have the Cowboys done that makes you want to emulate them so badly?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #10
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
Just because we haven't signed some big name players we're going to suck all over again? Let's wait to see what our new offense will look like before we make predictions. Heck, why not wait until free agency is over why don't we? It's been going on for what, a week, and it's already the sign of the apocolypse? Please. Oh, and let's wait until the draft is over also. There's still a lot of offseason left to change the makeup of this team. Stop whining.
Personally I'm waiting until the end of the season to pass any judgement... that is, on the final result
Old 03-16-2006   #11
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

We all know you should be a head coach and all, but I leave my team in the hands of the professionals. I will agree with everything and anything they do this year. Next year is a different story...
Old 03-16-2006   #12
Mycco
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy
High Risk:
Drew Henson = NO REWARD
Quincy Carter = NO REWARD
La'Roi Glover = NO REWARD
Marco Rivera = NO REWARD
Keyshawn Johnson = NO REWARD
Joey Galloway = NO REWARD x2

Exactly what have the Cowboys done that makes you want to emulate them so badly?

THEY WIN, PERIOD! 5 Superbowl rings! They make moves to win! They've built a history and a winning tradition. That's why everybody hates them. The last time I checked they had a better record than us, the last couple of years.

La'Roi Glover = 6 straight pro bowls
Rivera = until him and Flozell Adams went down w/ injuries the Cowboys O-line was 10 times better than ours...even w/o them they were 10 times better than our line
Keyshawn Johnson = Clutch reviever! 71 catches....3 game winners! How many of our recivers came close to that production?
Old 03-16-2006   #13
barzilla
Veteran

Successful teams build themselves through the draft. Free agency for them is nothing by filling holes. Look at the Steelers, how many of their prominent players were free agent signings? I can think of only Bettis at this point. Their recievers were home grown, QB homegrown, most of their line homegrown. The same goes for their defense.

If you look at the Seahawks you see the same thing except for Hasselbeck. If you have to rely on your pocketbook to save you, you end up like the Redskins. They've been mediocre to above average, but they will never be anything more than that.

What concerns me more are the number of second and third round picks that have busted in the last four seasons. I don't think we have one second rounder in the starting lineup on either side of the ball and we don't have a third rounder either. The key to this season comes on draft day. We need at least three of the first four first day picks to be impact players.
barzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #14
bigtex77
Veteran

Quote:
THEY WIN, PERIOD! 5 Superbowl rings! They make moves to win! They've built a history and a winning tradition. That's why everybody hates them. The last time I checked they had a better record than us, the last couple of years.

La'Roi Glover = 6 straight pro bowls
Rivera = until him and Flozell Adams went down w/ injuries the Cowboys O-line was 10 times better than ours...even w/o them they were 10 times better than our line
Keyshawn Johnson = Clutch reviever! 71 catches....3 game winners! How many of our recivers came close to that production?
Last time I checked the Cowboys had been around a year or two longer than the Texans, give it time.
Old 03-16-2006   #15
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

The great Cowboys lost to the dismal Texans........what does that mean? LOL
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #16
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:

If I were you, I wouldn't put myself through this torment again. I'd log off this board (never to return) and go buy about $500 of Cowboys gear and never look back ....
Old 03-16-2006   #17
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think you and many others are being really hard on the moves being made this off-season because of last year's record. Nothing about the Texans is going to seem positive to you this off-season , unless it is a big-time move and exactly what you wanted. Dallas had a better record. Actually, everybody had a better record, but that doesn't mean that the Texans will suck forever. Remember that the most important thing the Texans needed to do was fire Capers and his staff and they've not only done that, but they've gone with a great new head coach. It's not all bad and all of it, in fact, may be much better than we realize right now, no matter how it looks.

I myself was dead set against taking Bush with the #1 pick, but now that I see that that's probably what they'll do, I'm willing to go for that ride. Assuming we do that, it's not like the Texans are the only franchise to have considered him worthy. He's convinced a lot of people that he's really something special and I'm not going to get all bent out of shape about taking him unless and until he comes in and actually proves that he is not worth it. I may be wrong and I sincerely hope that I am.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #18
Mycco
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
If I were you, I wouldn't put myself through this torment again. I'd log off this board (never to return) and go buy about $500 of Cowboys gear and never look back ....

TOO LATE...I've been a Cowboys fan since the Oilers left town. Not out of spite, but more rather out of loyalty, because the Cowboys will NEVER leave Dallas or Texas. I'm trying VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY HARD....to give the Texans my alligance, but after the past 2 years of cutting key players and replacing them w/ lamos...I still can't bring myself to have the same faith in them as I do w/ the Cowboys. I can say this about the Cowboys though....at least when they suck, the still suck w/ pride and still give their fans reason for optimism....so far the Texans haven't come close to that.

Last edited by Mycco; 03-16-2006 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-16-2006   #19
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
TOO LATE...I've been a Cowboys fan since the Oilers left town. Not out of spite, but more rather out of loyalty, because the Cowboys will NEVER leave Dallas. I'm trying VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY HARD....to give the Texans my alligance, but after the past 2 years of cutting key players and replacing them w/ lamos...I still can't bring myself to have the same faith in them as I do w/ the Cowboys. I can say this about the Cowboys though....at least when they suck, the still suck w/ pride and still give their fans reason for optimism....so far the Texans haven't come close to that.

alright then ... how about just dropping the part about buying the Cowboy's gear?
Old 03-16-2006   #20
el toro
All Pro

Sheesh. At least wait until the offseason is over before writing next season's epitaph. If they land Flanagan + Putzier + Walter and perhaps another O-lineman plus have a good draft, then you'll probably be singing another tune.
el toro is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read