Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-16-2006   #1
wenskek
Rookie

Default Could We Be....

do any of you guys think that the departure of bradford and gaffney, the front office my be thinking of drafting someone like reggie mcneill to become a reciever for us. i think he could make a pretty good reciever.
wenskek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Taking a college QB and converting him to WR takes some time. Matt Jones last year knew he wanted to be a WR, and played WR at the senior bowl, and was considered one the best atheletes ever to play football (if you believed the hype) and he had/is still having trouble with the conversion. We need a #2 receiver, plain and simple. If we keep lining up people who can't catch/run routes, etc, AJ is going to be forever triple teamed. Drafting a conversion would be fine if we had a lot of coaching time, but we don't, and thus I dont think the FO is counting on making McNeil our #2 option
Old 03-16-2006   #3
newbiefan
Rookie

Well, if he is available in say rounds 5-6, I think he might be a good prospect. Perhaps an Randle El type that could be used in trick plays. That is of course if he wants to play WR.
newbiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #4
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

We are getting a receiver in Reggie Bush.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #5
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

McNiel has stated that he wants to play QB, so I doubt it.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #6
BeReal
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
We are getting a receiver in Reggie Bush.
My thoughts exactly. I could see him lining up in the slot a quarter of the game, not counting the times he would go in motion.
BeReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Bush would probably be the primary slot wr when we are in a 3 wr look so we have AJ and Bush on the field taking the speed guys into their responsibility. What we need is a TE to punish a defense as Johnson and Bush will need constant attention. We don't need anything special outside at WR2 if we take Bush. We need a TE to work the part of the field we used Gaffney for in the past.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-16-2006   #8
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

putzier anyone or maybe leonard pope if he falls to the 2nd?
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #9
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharton
McNiel has stated that he wants to play QB, so I doubt it.
He may not have a choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #10
outofhnd
All Pro

as I have stated we get putzier

we primarily will go with a 2 wr 2 te 2 rb formation.

2 WR - AJ Primary, Mathis secondary.
2 TE - Bruener - stay in and block, Putzier - receiving TE
2 RB - Cook, Bush

When we go to the slot

AJ , MAthis, Bush in the slot
Bruener stays in to block, Putzier subs out,
Cook FB, DD tailback/safety valve underneath.
Old 03-16-2006   #11
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Mathis will need a lot of work before he can be the #2 receiver. But I like that formation of 2 wideouts, 2 TEs, and 2 backs. The Bengal receiver we offered a contract to would probably be the #2 over Mathis.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read