Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-16-2006   #1
David's Busted Carr
Veteran

Default Addition by subtraction!!!

The more I think about it, I really like what Gary Kubiak is doing. He's sending a CLEAR message that if you don't perform you are GONE!

Marcus Coleman - GONE
Gary Walker - GONE
Milford Brown - GONE
Jabar Gaffney - GONE
Corey Bradford - GONE
Tony Hollings - GONE
Tony Banks - GONE

What do all of these guys have in common? They were all underachievers. And yes I know alot of you are going to come back with "what about David Carr", but since Kubiak's specialty is QB, I have to give him the benefit of the doubt on that one.

Lets face it, we were 2-14 and most of those players were with us from the beginning. So lets trim the fat, start fresh and look to the future! And I highly doubt any of these departures (Gaffney & Bradford included) weren't intentional. I believe if they wanted either of those guys back, they wouldn't have had any problems signing them. Kubes obviously thinks we'd be better off without them.

Keep it going Gary!!!
David's Busted Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #2
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Jabar Gaffney did prove he could do it and he still is gone. Maybe he's sending a mixed message?
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #3
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Unfortunately Gaff is gone, but I agree with the rest. My understanding is that Rosenhaus was playing hardball and wanted more than the Texans were willing to give Gaff, but that is just what I am hearing.

Wish him luck with the Eagles, though, and I wish we had used the guy for what he brought to the table when he was here.
Old 03-16-2006   #4
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Yea..I think he will be a star for the eagles...Him and mcnabb will collab good
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #5
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

I think lito sheppard had alot to do with gaff signing with the eagles as well, cause lito and gaff are cousins and everything. but i really liked gaff, and it sucks to see him gone, but good luck gaff, do your thing brah!
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #6
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
Unfortunately Gaff is gone, but I agree with the rest. My understanding is that Rosenhaus was playing hardball and wanted more than the Texans were willing to give Gaff, but that is just what I am hearing.

Wish him luck with the Eagles, though, and I wish we had used the guy for what he brought to the table when he was here.
Well, he couldn't have gotten that good of a deal if he's only signed for 1 year. It'll be interesting to what kind of money he got.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #7
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Gaffney was a #3 quality receiver looking for #2 receiver money.
Old 03-16-2006   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's Busted Carr
The more I think about it, I really like what Gary Kubiak is doing. He's sending a CLEAR message that if you don't perform you are GONE!

Marcus Coleman - GONE
Gary Walker - GONE
Milford Brown - GONE
Jabar Gaffney - GONE
Corey Bradford - GONE
Tony Hollings - GONE
Tony Banks - GONE

What do all of these guys have in common? They were all underachievers. And yes I know alot of you are going to come back with "what about David Carr", but since Kubiak's specialty is QB, I have to give him the benefit of the doubt on that one.

Lets face it, we were 2-14 and most of those players were with us from the beginning. So lets trim the fat, start fresh and look to the future! And I highly doubt any of these departures (Gaffney & Bradford included) weren't intentional. I believe if they wanted either of those guys back, they wouldn't have had any problems signing them. Kubes obviously thinks we'd be better off without them.

Keep it going Gary!!!
So how do you explain the only time we have ever won 3 games in a five game stretch was when most of these guys were on the field and Carr was not?
Old 03-16-2006   #9
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
So how do you explain the only time we have ever won 3 games in a five game stretch was when most of these guys were on the field and Carr was not?

Wasn't the 3rd win in that stretch over the Falcons? And didn't Carr take over for an injured Banks?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/...031130_ATL@HOU

Quote:
Carr was supposed to miss the game after spraining his right shoulder two weeks ago. But he was pressed into action when Tony Banks broke his right hand on another player's helmet near the end of the first half.

Carr, playing in obvious pain, led a 63-yard drive on the Texans' first possession of the second half, getting 36 yards himself with a Vick-like run to the Atlanta 22. Davis ran untouched for a 7-yard touchdown and a 10-7 lead for the Texans (5-7).
Old 03-16-2006   #10
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

according to this ...

http://www.nfl.com/teams/schedule/HOU/2004

we won 4 out of 5 .... and Carr was on the field for each ...
Old 03-16-2006   #11
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
according to this ...

I flew from California to see the Minnesota game (the only L in that aforementioned stretch)... we should have won that but ironically, the secondary blew coverage on consecutive plays.

Carr rallied the team from a 21-0 halftime deficit in the 2nd half to force OT. We should have won the game in the 4th qtr as well but thanks to a blown play somewhere (I forget why) we didn't.

Last edited by kcwilson; 03-16-2006 at 12:48 PM.
kcwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #12
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
according to this ...

Also, Carr had one of his best games and, correct me if I'm wrong, but had two 100 yard receivers that game....one was 'Dre and the other was not Gaffney but Armstrong.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #13
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Only the F.O. knows how hard they tried to sign Gaffney . I thought he was very inconsistent , but you can say that about the whole team the last 4 years .

Its probably not a bad idea to purge the team and start fresh just to get out that loosing stench .
Old 03-16-2006   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
according to this ...

Shhh with those pesky facts. Seriously folks, stop trying to give Banks credit for the win over Atlanta--the Texans were losing when he left the game.
Old 03-16-2006   #15
DanTanna

What about Jason Babin??????????????????
Old 03-16-2006   #16
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191640 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Shhh with those pesky facts. Seriously folks, stop trying to give Banks credit for the win over Atlanta--the Texans were losing when he left the game.

Exactly .... and Carr came in HURT only to lead the team to victory .... Anyone else remember the 15 or so yard scramble he took off on .... It didnt end with a hook slide but a head first lunge for the first down ... taking a pretty good lick in the process .

I'd like to think that is the player Carr is .... Not what we saw last season while he was handcuffed with a mickey mouse offense and rediculously poor pass protection.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #17
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
eeek, The Gaffer is represented by Rosenhaus, that's enough reason for me to want him out of town. Rosenhaus is a pest, I wish we NEVER EVER have one of his players on our team. So someone tell me, according to my philosophy, how many players should get fired now ?

Last edited by Malloy; 03-16-2006 at 03:27 PM.
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #18
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy

eeek, The Gaffer is represented by Rosenhaus, that's enough reason for me to want him out of town. Rosenhaus is a pest, I wish we NEVER EVER have one of his players on our team. So someone tell me, according to my philosophy, how many players should get fired now ?
Scott Boras and Drew Rosenhaus should fight each other. The loser dies, the winner has to quit being an agent altogether! Perfect for everyone
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

I can understand that with Rosenhaus...... but I'd like to see what the Eagles gave him first....
Old 03-16-2006   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
Exactly .... and Carr came in HURT only to lead the team to victory .... Anyone else remember the 15 or so yard scramble he took off on .... It didnt end with a hook slide but a head first lunge for the first down ... taking a pretty good lick in the process .

I'd like to think that is the player Carr is .... Not what we saw last season while he was handcuffed with a mickey mouse offense and rediculously poor pass protection.
I admit, I have to get TiVo or something, because I seem to only remember the bad stuff....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read