Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-16-2006   #1
LongBignasty1
Veteran

Default Terrel Owens ?

Would you try to go after T.O. or would you be content to let him go to Dallas and watch Dallas become the Texas superpower?

I want T.O., even if he is a timebomb( you can alway's cut him), and i think he was only acting childish due to his contract situation.
Old 03-16-2006   #2
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

I'll take him but only with a boatload of "conduct detremental to the team" language in the contract ...
Old 03-16-2006   #3
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

No way, he is poison to any team. It is very sad given his talent level is so freakin' unbelievable.
Old 03-16-2006   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Ixnay on the drama queenay !!!
Old 03-16-2006   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I WANT Dallas take him!

The quicker they take TO, the quicker they suffer a team meltdown. And watching the Cowboys flounder is one of my favorite pasttimes!

Dude is a cancer wherever he goes. He proved it in San Fran, and confirmed it in Philly. In his mind, he is bigger than the team. And in football, that is a recipe for disaster, no matter how much talent a player possesses.
Old 03-16-2006   #6
humbleone
Veteran

Just say "NO" to "TO". No room for selfish individualist in the ultimate "team" sport. :brickwall
humbleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #7
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbleone
Just say "NO" to "TO". No room for selfish individualist in the ultimate "team" sport. :brickwall
Sounds like a PSA:

Just say "NO" to
Old 03-16-2006   #8
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Why in the world would anyone consider this nut case? He destroys everything around him.

Why not go after Keyshawn Johnson instead?
Old 03-16-2006   #9
LongBignasty1
Veteran

Go after Grandpa johnson? get real!
Old 03-16-2006   #10
David's Busted Carr
Veteran

Please keep TO and MeShawn away from our team. They are both cancer. And neither of them would come here anyway. They both are sore losers and wouldn't come to a losing team.
David's Busted Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #11
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan
No way, he is poison to any team. It is very sad given his talent level is so freakin' unbelievable.
I hate to say it but I would take him.

His contact would be about a mile long with all the incentives both "behavioral" and "performanced" based. I think TO is childish but I think even he understands how important this next season is to his career and to his life. He is going to be an angel next year. After next year who knows.

QB - Carr
RB - Bush & Davis
WR - TO, AJ, Mathis, Armstrong
New TE or maybe even Bennie.
Revamped O-Line
New coaching staff

That would have me VERY excited for the new season. I think adding TO and Bush would lead to AJ having a MONSTER year for us.

But alas this is only a pipe dream. No way Kubiak in his first year of being a head coach takes this on. Wait.....unless they make TO, Mike Sherrman's personal responsibility....hmmm I think that might work.

BTW: Injuries were by far the #1 reason for the Meltdown in Philly. TO didn't help either.

WAKE UP FOLKS. GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE. ---------------> we went 2-14 last year. Drastic times call for drastic measures.

GO TEXANS!!
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #12
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
I hate to say it but I would take him.....

WAKE UP FOLKS. GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE. ---------------> we went 2-14 last year. Drastic times call for drastic measures.

GO TEXANS!!
Obviously, the pressure of four losing seasons in a row is just too much for some folks. It's obvious you've gone mad, and need to seek a psychological counseling!

Please step away from the keyboard.

Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #13
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

I beleive our staff already said they would never take T.O. because of what happened in philadelphia.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #14
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default i would have no problem with it

I think at this point in time Terrell Owens would be a great and VERY needed addition to our team. Is it a risk? Sure. But what the hell do we have to risk? We were 2-14!! We have a horrible receiving corps at the moment. And here is the MOST IMPORTANT part of the equation. If we do not improve our WR corps, if Carr continues to suck next year, we will have to hear 'Wah Wah, David didnt have enough receivers. He needs a chance to succeed'.

Do we really want to hear that? So far we have heard every excuse in the book and if we go into the season with our current WR corps it will be the worst our recievers have been since Year One.

Owens is a smart move. He brings buzz and excitement and drama to the team. We have yet to make a splash in this league, and for some reason I think adding Bush and Owens would change all of that.

Monday Night Football 2006 - Texans v. Eagles (I bet TO would get 4 TDs in that game) oh and if you Cowboys haters really want to punk the Cowboys, get on board with signing this guy because if he goes to the Cowboys expect the Cowboys to win by 40 points in a blowout in Texas Stadium next year. You sign TO and we win and punk Jones again. TO blows up againstthe Cowboys and that is a fact.

If we were close to the Super Bowl I dont think you make the deal, but what the hell do we have to lose? really?

Call me crazy but with TO at WR and the addition of Bush at RB i think 10-6 AND playoffs is a possibility. Without TO at WR i think 2-14 is a distinct possibility.

doug from the woodlands
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #15
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

Could Kubes control TO (I mean Princess)??
El Amigo Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233667 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
I WANT Dallas take him!

The quicker they take TO, the quicker they suffer a team meltdown. And watching the Cowboys flounder is one of my favorite pasttimes!

Dude is a cancer wherever he goes. He proved it in San Fran, and confirmed it in Philly. In his mind, he is bigger than the team. And in football, that is a recipe for disaster, no matter how much talent a player possesses.
T.O. Wants to play football, and he wants to win. He never had a problem with Steve Young.........

His problems started When Bill Walsh, Carmen Policy, and Steve Mariuchi started their little power struggle, Which led to Jeff Garcia...... who wasn't a problem with T.O. when they were winning. Talent level around T.O. started divebombing, Jeff showed he was a one year wonder, Policy was fighting with the 49ers, then it was Mooch and Walsh...... no one was interested in winning........ no one but T.O. he was frustrated, and dealt with the situation by opening his mouth, one thing led to another, badda bing, badda boom, Carmon Policy, Mooch, and Jeff Garcia go on to cause more Havok than T.O. has, but he gets the blame.

He Goes to Philly, their winning, he found his soul mate, one year and a blown superbowl later, he realizes what the problem is.... the QB/Coach relationship. Donovan is a really good QB. When he's on, he is on. But being the QB, when he screws up, it really, really hurts the team. But nobody tells him he screwed up. Nobody tries to correct his problems. They pat him on the back, and say, "We'll get them next year Tiger"

It's the same thing that's happening in Houston, so T.O. won't be a good fit here. It's the same thing with Dante in Minnesota, with Tice. Instead of Tice doing his job, he let Chris Carter & Randy Moss chew Donovan out on the sidelines. It's the same thing with Aaron Brooks......."Well, you did your best" The QB is the leader on the field, the Coach has to have the QB in check...

That crap in Indy, with Peyton sending the kicking team off the field......... You watch, Indy's going to struggle, and nobody will be able to figure out why.
Old 03-16-2006   #17
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]]
Coach says, we need Keyshawn!
With Keyshawn you get the primadonna mentality and attitude WITHOUT the otherworldy talent and off the field dedication that Owens has exhibited his whole career. I dont have a problem with prima donna's (jordan was one, clemens is one, ARod is one) but you have to have the game to justify dealing with a prima donna. Owens has more game and ability than Keyshawn could ever dream of.

Owens would also bring some credibility to the team in that we are trying to win and not just field a team of choirboys and 'yes men'.

Doug from The Woodlands
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #18
jgite
Rookie

I say we bring him in. Whats the worst that can happen? Will he make DC cry? You can't complain about playmakers and offensive weapons if he is lining up opposite of AJ. I don't even think AJ would complain. He would probably go back to his pro-bowl numbers with T.O. We were 2-14, ain't no where to go but up.
jgite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #19
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgite
I say we bring him in. Whats the worst that can happen? Will he make DC cry? You can't complain about playmakers and offensive weapons if he is lining up opposite of AJ. I don't even think AJ would complain. He would probably go back to his pro-bowl numbers with T.O. We were 2-14, ain't no where to go but up.
I think the key here is that "A.J. won't complain". I know A.J. is mild mannered, polite, etc... but how long can he be underutilized until he gets super pissed.

Bringing in T.O. is a risk, but let's face it, he is the top WR on the market, period. He isn't Moss, who takes plays off. I sincerely believes that T.O. wants to win... if we gave him the contract that he wants, would he be happy financially, Yes. Will he likely find something else to gripe about? Yes.
Would Carr throw for 25 TDs? Likely.

At least the guy shows passion on the field... give the guy credit for being a competitor... Did you see footage of the bench last year... looked like someone shot Toro.
kcwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #20
LongBignasty1
Veteran

Exactly my point about T.O. David Carr, who i believe is overated, would have no excuse as to his playing ability and for that matter neither would all the Carr supporter's. A.J. and T.O. on opposite side's of the field? David Carr, Reggie Bush and D.D. in the backfield? Would you want you're team to play Houston with that talent? Hell no, because you would have to outscore us to beat us. Period. Next year solidify the D through free agency and draft and see where we can take this franchise. just my thought's

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read