Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-15-2006   #1
Sopranos
Rookie

Default Would the Texans trade D Davis to...

The Colts for a first rounder. This is being thrown around on the radio here in Indy. Wanted to see what you guys thought. If your taking Bush and keep Wells it sounds like a good idea. Although being in the same division would make it less likely.
Sopranos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #2
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopranos
The Colts for a first rounder. This is being thrown around on the radio here in Indy. Wanted to see what you guys thought. If your taking Bush and keep Wells it sounds like a good idea. Although being in the same division would make it less likely.

Indy radio needs to stop throwing around crack and ridiculous ideas.
Of course we would trade DD for a first rounder(in theory... cap issues may make it an unattractive idea), but Indy would never make such an offer.
If the idea behind your first ever post is to , you may need to come with a more realistic scenario...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #3
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

No we wouldnt. Cap implications aside.. we still need him. And wouldnt give him to a rival.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #4
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

For a first round pick? I beleive we would.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #5
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Where do we sign?
Old 03-15-2006   #6
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe I'd take that deal. Draft Bush #1, have Bush and Morency at RB, resign Wells, and draft Mangold, TE or OL with the pick from the Colts...
Old 03-15-2006   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278016 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

DD for a first round? In a heartbeat, even late in the draft. He's a solid player, but we could use a pick like that to fill some holes. Decent RB's are fairly easy to find these days if you build a consistently good o-line. And I think Kubiak will be all about fixing our line.
Old 03-15-2006   #8
jgite
Rookie

I like D. Davis but that would be a trade I would seriously consider. But the cap hit would be a large, me thinks.
jgite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #9
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

We do that and then give the Broncos our 1st round '07 pick for their two '06's and we could have 4 1st round picks and not lose any of this years picks in the process
Old 03-15-2006   #10
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
We do that and then give the Broncos our 1st round '07 pick for their two '06's and we could have 4 1st round picks and not lose any of this years picks in the process
Denver wants more than one pick in 07 for their 2 first round picks this season...
Old 03-15-2006   #11
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

In a heartbeat.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #12
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Denver wants more than one pick in 07 for their 2 first round picks this season...
Ok, we'll just throw another pick in there
Old 03-15-2006   #13
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
Ok, we'll just throw another pick in there
I'll take a 2nd later 1st round pick, but honestly 4 first round picks? For one, I don't know if we could handle that cap wise, second this draft is so deep there's no need to load up with 4 picks in the first round, third that would more than likely leave us with 1 or no first day picks next season.
Old 03-15-2006   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd take the original offer myself. I swear this team actually does better when Wells plays, despite the fact that DD gets all that pass yardage. This is assuming that we do take Bush.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #15
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I swear this team actually does better when Wells plays,

are you being serious or sarcastic there?

Indy has Rhodes who is a good back. They will be looking for more draft positions, not trading them away, IMHO. Not sure what the radio jockey was snorting when he cooked this 'rumor' up, but I am pretty sure it wasn't something he heard from a reputable source within the team.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #16
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

People need to start realizing what people are worth. Daunte Culpepper was a MVP type guy a couple of years back and is still considered a top QB. They got a 2nd rounder for him. That means Carr would get maybe a 3rd or 4th and the same with DD.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 03-15-2006 at 10:35 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #17
outofhnd
All Pro

What people are worth, was not the question posed. I think the question was if the colts offered their 1st round pick (with their defense losing some key players I highly doubt they would trade at all) for Domanick Davis, I would have to say NO even if we did draft bush what if he is a 1 play and out for the season type back who never really makes it in the NFL? it could potentially be the Boselli curse at LT only this time at RB.. I say if we draft bush keep em both and if bush lives up to the hype then trade DD. But I would feel much more comfortable knowing I have 2 great running backs in the backfield.. at least for the first year of Bush's career.
Old 03-15-2006   #18
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog
People need to start realizing what people are worth. Daunte Culpepper was a MVP type guy a couple of years back and is still considered a top QB. They got a 2nd rounder for him. That means Carr would bet maybe a 3rd or 4th and the same with DD.
Even with Culpepper having some injury considerations and publically stating he wanted out, the Dolphins stold Culpepper by getting him for only a 2 rounder.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #19
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Even with Culpepper having some injury considerations and publically stating he wanted out, the Dolphins stold Culpepper by getting him for only a 2 rounder.
I dont think they stole him at all. His knees are shot. 1 good wack and he is out for 4 to 6 weeks. Duante's best days are behind him...

But I would also trade Davis for Indy's 1st this year.

Last edited by HomeBred_Texan; 03-15-2006 at 10:35 PM.
HomeBred_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #20
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofhnd
What people are worth, was not the question posed. I think the question was if the colts offered their 1st round pick (with their defense losing some key players I highly doubt they would trade at all) for Domanick Davis, I would have to say NO even if we did draft bush what if he is a 1 play and out for the season type back who never really makes it in the NFL? it could potentially be the Boselli curse at LT only this time at RB.. I say if we draft bush keep em both and if bush lives up to the hype then trade DD. But I would feel much more comfortable knowing I have 2 great running backs in the backfield.. at least for the first year of Bush's career.
OK, I'd take a first rounder. But my point was that I don't think a team would offer near that. Top backs weren't garnering that type of pick last year.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read