Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-15-2006   #1
DynoMoxie
Rookie

Default Team Needs - Short and Sweet

#1. A competitive smart qb who's a leader.
#2. An above average te.
#3. An improved offensive line best addressed through f.a. and improved blocking schemes. You don't want a bunch of rookies up front.

You address these 3 things and our present defense is pretty good. 3 and out hurts our "D".
DynoMoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #2
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynoMoxie

I guess that leaves out Vince Young.

Sorry it was too hard to resist.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #3
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan

Damn that was cold blooded.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #4
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
#2. An above average te.
#3. An improved offensive line best addressed through f.a. and improved blocking schemes. You don't want a bunch of rookies up front.

You address these 3 things and our present defense is pretty good. 3 and out hurts our "D".

We have one of the most competitive QB's in the league who everyone on our team says repeadetly that they willing follow. He is smart enough, and smarter than you man-crush vince.
Old 03-15-2006   #5
texman8
Veteran

Quote:
#2. An above average te.

MMmm........ our present defense is pretty good? Not quite........ Our run defense was atrocious...weak pass rush.. since we are going to 4-3 defense, we need a MLB ( Wong will be a stopgap answer), a true #2 CB, FS,and a real weakside DE.

Unless,we get Mario Williams; we have to pray either Peek or Babin can do the job. We need to get a CB and FS in draft.

True, a very good offense can help their defense....one, by keeping your defense off the field and by scoring points ( especially TDs) ...force other team to throw more often.

We can improve our OL by adding a couple pieces and with better coaching.
With Bush and Putzier, we add more weapons to move chains or in Bush's case,score touchdowns.
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209558 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
#2. An above average te.

You forgot to add ....

FS .... With Coleman released (Im not upset about it in the least) The Texans had a rookie at FS in CC.Brown who is better suited to playing SS. This is a need position.

CB .... Unless you think P-Burnt Toast .... I mean Phillup Buchannon is going to be able to get it together (all signs point to this not happening .... ever) This is a position of real need , Faggins is a capable Nickle but not starter material .

MLB .... Wong would probably be the starter if he werent coming back from injury .... this position is VERY THIN

OLB.... Babin and Peek are projected to move to weakside DE , this leaves Morlon Greenwood and who else ?

DE .... With the aquisition of Weaver the strong side DE position is almost certianly locked down but lacks depth .... Babin and Peek have yet to play a down at the weakside in the NFL ..... There HAS to be a back-up plan in case they fail to produce.

As for the offense ....

WR .... Bradford is gone (/Cheer) Gaffeny is an UFA D.Armstrong is an RFA That leaves them with AJ , Jerome Mathis , Donovan Morgan and Kendrick Starling ..... Only AJ is a proven NFL WR.

The other things on the offensive side I think you listed ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #7
DynoMoxie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texman8
MMmm........ our present defense is pretty good? Not quite........ Our run defense was atrocious...weak pass rush.. since we are going to 4-3 defense, we need a MLB ( Wong will be a stopgap answer), a true #2 CB, FS,and a real weakside DE.

Unless,we get Mario Williams; we have to pray either Peek or Babin can do the job. We need to get a CB and FS in draft.

True, a very good offense can help their defense....one, by keeping your defense off the field and by scoring points ( especially TDs) ...force other team to throw more often.

We can improve our OL by adding a couple pieces and with better coaching.
With Bush and Putzier, we add more weapons to move chains or in Bush's case,score touchdowns.
I didn't say our defense was great...I just stated it will perform much better when it doesn't spend 3/4 of the game on the field covering for a dismal ineffective offense. I think there are less holes on defense than offense.
DynoMoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-15-2006   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209558 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I didn't say our defense was great...I just stated it will perform much better when it doesn't spend 3/4 of the game on the field covering for a dismal ineffective offense. I think there are less holes on defense than offense.

I think they were eqally dismal last season .....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 03-15-2006   #9
MONARCH
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan

HE WAS SMART ENOUGH TO WIN THE ROSE BOWL! TWICE! .......or were you too busy fantasizing that it was TULANE........sorry, MUCH too hard to resist......
MONARCH
MONARCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #10
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONARCH
HE WAS SMART ENOUGH TO WIN THE ROSE BOWL! TWICE! .......or were you too busy fantasizing that it was TULANE........sorry, MUCH too hard to resist......
MONARCH
Cut him some slack there pal, his town got leveled.

*On a side note, cut me some slack...60% of KU is damaged. *
Old 03-16-2006   #11
MONARCH
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
We have one of the most competitive QB's in the league who everyone on our team says repeadetly that they willing follow. He is smart enough, and smarter than you man-crush vince.
In the four long years that I have noticed David Carr, the only thing that he really seems to be competitive at is .......GROWING OUT HIS HAIR LIKE REPUNZEL......and then cutting it off for the next publicity stunt.......

Your avatar states that you are a "STUD".......and that is indeed cool, for if you enjoy that sort of thing.......but can you just imagine what kind of a MAN CRUSH that the VY could land upon you?

ALL TOO POWERFULL.......come home VY!
MONARCH
MONARCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #12
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In the four long years that I have noticed David Carr, the only thing that he really seems to be competitive at is .......GROWING OUT HIS HAIR LIKE REPUNZEL......and then cutting it off for the next publicity stunt.......

Your avatar states that you are a "STUD".......and that is indeed cool, for if you enjoy that sort of thing.......but can you just imagine what kind of a MAN CRUSH that the VY could land upon you?

ALL TOO POWERFULL.......come home VY!
MONARCH

you crack me up man......you use rapunzel and man crush on the same post in a football board. props.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #13
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
MONARCH
He has a point .... I'd like to see Vince a Texan myself , problem is I dont think its very realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
Cut him some slack there pal, his town got leveled.

Yup .... and my Tax dollars are paying to rebuild the place .... before they Upgrade the levee's to a point that they arent vulnerable .... Before they fix the pumping stations to get them above the level where water can reach them and render them useless AGAIN.... Sounds like throwing good money after bad.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 03-16-2006   #14
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion

Yup .... and my Tax dollars are paying to rebuild the place .... before they Upgrade the levee's to a point that they arent vulnerable .... Before they fix the pumping stations to get them above the level where water can reach them and render them useless AGAIN.... Sounds like throwing good money after bad.
Yes, but what about my dear KU?!?!?!?
Old 03-16-2006   #15
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
MONARCH
Twice, when was this? Am I missing something here?
Old 03-16-2006   #16
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
You forgot to add ....

FS .... With Coleman released (Im not upset about it in the least) The Texans had a rookie at FS in CC.Brown who is better suited to playing SS. This is a need position.

CB .... Unless you think P-Burnt Toast .... I mean Phillup Buchannon is going to be able to get it together (all signs point to this not happening .... ever) This is a position of real need , Faggins is a capable Nickle but not starter material .

MLB .... Wong would probably be the starter if he werent coming back from injury .... this position is VERY THIN

OLB.... Babin and Peek are projected to move to weakside DE , this leaves Morlon Greenwood and who else ?

DE .... With the aquisition of Weaver the strong side DE position is almost certianly locked down but lacks depth .... Babin and Peek have yet to play a down at the weakside in the NFL ..... There HAS to be a back-up plan in case they fail to produce.

As for the offense ....

WR .... Bradford is gone (/Cheer) Gaffeny is an UFA D.Armstrong is an RFA That leaves them with AJ , Jerome Mathis , Donovan Morgan and Kendrick Starling ..... Only AJ is a proven NFL WR.

The other things on the offensive side I think you listed ....
Orr can handle the OLB position, and Polk if re-signed can hold down the position til' Wong or a draft pick take it from him. I think even though Brown is suited for the SS he can handle the FS position remember this was his rookie yr. He still has a lot of room to improve and he now has a yr of experience behind him.
Old 03-16-2006   #17
outofhnd
All Pro

I think Reggie Bush will be our pick now that the saints have a QB and no need to stay at #2 overall. that gives us a RB and slot reciever in the denver style of offense which primarily is the 2 TE set.

Breuner and Putzier will be the TE, Mathis will be Ashley lelie, AJ, Rod Smith. for the slot we line up bush as our slot man and put DD in the backfield..

Sounds interesting if we can get some decent blocking.
Old 03-16-2006   #18
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofhnd
I think Reggie Bush will be our pick now that the saints have a QB and no need to stay at #2 overall. that gives us a RB and slot reciever in the denver style of offense which primarily is the 2 TE set.

Breuner and Putzier will be the TE, Mathis will be Ashley lelie, AJ, Rod Smith. for the slot we line up bush as our slot man and put DD in the backfield..

Sounds interesting if we can get some decent blocking.
What in our past 4 years would lead you to believe we can get enough blocking to use any weapons we might have?
Old 03-17-2006   #19
HeartofHouston
Veteran

1 - Dominating Defensive Pass Rush
2 - Better Blocking/Blockers
3 - 2nd Recieving Option Whether its Bush coming outta the back field or a Versatile Take either way it should happn.
Old 03-17-2006   #20
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_boy_yec
Twice, when was this? Am I missing something here?
Yes, twice.

1. USC, 2006 ROSE BOWL

467 yards of total offense (267 passing, 200 rushing), including an 8-yard touchdown scramble with 19 seconds left for a 41-38 national championship victory over two-time defending national champ Southern California at the Rose Bowl....led a comeback from a 38-26 deficit in the final six minutes.

2. MICHIGAN, 2005 ROSE BOWL

372 yards of offense (192 rushing, 180 passing) and accounted for five touchdowns in a 38-37 win at the Rose Bowl. Young led the Horns from a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit and spearheaded a final drive that ended with Dusty Mangum's 37-yard field goal at the gun. He tells the Rose Bowl crowd, "We'll be back.''

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read