Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-15-2006   #1
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

Default Cornerback position

Hey I was wondering about our #3 CB spot, since we lost jason bell( not that we needed him) but would it make sense to talk with either charles woodson, or Ty Law? (or will they demand too much?)

DominickDavisFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominickDavisFan76
Hey I was wondering about our #3 CB spot, since we lost jason bell( not that we needed him) but would it make sense to talk with either charles woodson, or Ty Law? (or will they demand too much?)
I'm wondering about the #2 CB spot. I don't think Buchanon or Faggins have what it takes to be full time starters.

Woodson or Law? Both are probably overpriced. Both are injury prone. Can't see them as the answer.
Old 03-15-2006   #3
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Andre Dyson is on the market, but might not be the right player at this time since we are a little ways away from competing for a playoff spot. Would be a ncie addition... youth or veteran? Where do we go? The answer tells you what Kube's and everyone think about our prospects in the short term.
kcwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #4
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

do u guys think we have a chance at taking that CB out of Maryland that clocked in at 4.21 (supposedly)?
DominickDavisFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #5
touttail
All Pro

Would like to see us get a younger(not beat up veteran) to put in our defensive backfield. One that doesn't require us to give a bank $$$$ to. Daunte was a great selection. Maybe we can find a younger player to put back there. Someone with desire to hit and cover a WR.

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #6
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I like Cromartie
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #7
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Manning from Albine Christian?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-15-2006   #8
Texans>Colts
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominickDavisFan76
do u guys think we have a chance at taking that CB out of Maryland that clocked in at 4.21 (supposedly)?
Holy ****. He ran a 4.21 that is amazing. I say take him. And draft Richard Marshell in the 3rd round
Old 03-15-2006   #9
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

that 4.21 isnt legit.. it was run on a fast track.. I think he ran a much more average number at the combine.

Im for Richard Marshall in the 3rd.

Faggins can hold down the #3 spot... we need a #2 if Buchanan doesnt get his act together.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #10
Texans>Colts
Veteran

Anybody like Andre Dyson or Ahmed Plummer. I hope Nate Clements gets released. Here's a list of them

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?positionId=29
Old 03-15-2006   #11
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans>Colts
Holy ****. He ran a 4.21 that is amazing. I say take him. And draft Richard Marshell in the 3rd round

I thought we had all came to the conclusion by watchin P-Buc that speed doesnt neccesarily make you a good CB?
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #12
Texans>Colts
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
I thought we had all came to the conclusion by watchin P-Buc that speed doesnt neccesarily make you a good CB?
it doesn't. But, it sure helps you to become a good one. Also he would probably be a great at ST
Old 03-15-2006   #13
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

His time was garbage. Im pretty sure it was wind aided and on a fast track and done by hand. He ran a 4.4 or close to it at the combine. His other skills or lack there of don't make up for his other shortcomings. Don't draft him, and his name is Garrett McPhearson from Maryland.
Old 03-15-2006   #14
outofhnd
All Pro

Now if P-buch is still P-suck this year, I would look at someone like ahmed plummer who plays excellent man to man coverage and could come at a cheaper price than a Woodson, or Law... Who in my opinion are going to be very disappointed I think when it all comes down in FA. If we pick up one in FA I vote for Plummer. as far as drafting I really didnt pay attention to CBs as I didnt think they were going to be a position of need for us unless one fell to us and was too good to pass up.
Old 03-15-2006   #15
12Gage
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
I'm wondering about the #2 CB spot. I don't think Buchanon or Faggins have what it takes to be full time starters.
That's what I'm seeing too, we got our nickel in P-Buc or Faggins, we need a #2 corner to go along with Dunta.
12Gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #16
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
that 4.21 isnt legit.. it was run on a fast track.. I think he ran a much more average number at the combine.

I've never understood why they do the 40 times in shorts and t-shirts anyway. It would be a more useful football comparison to see how quick they are in full pads. A stronger runner who can carry his pads easier might well be faster on the football field, even if a smaller, weaker runner is a little faster on the track.

I think Dre would have won that competition in the Pro Bowl two years ago had it been run in pads.

Last edited by Runner; 03-16-2006 at 07:49 AM.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #17
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Jonathan Joseph would be the perfect compliment to D-Rob. P-buck goes to nickel, Faggins and McKenzie battle it out. McKenzie is impressive, but small, Joseph by the way is 5'11" 193 and ran a faster time than D-rob at 4.31 that is official and from the combine, he is also strong. He loves to hit and he might be even better in man coverage than d-rob because of the added size. Problem is he does not have alot of experience so he is a bit of a gamble, but if he falls to the second and Mangold or a sure first rounder does not we take him.
Old 03-16-2006   #18
SESupergenius

Kenny Wright proved last year that speed isn't all that great for a CB. WE need to find a superstar CB to take the #1 (LCB) spot, Dunta belongs on the RCB position. This would probably be done only through Free Agency, and with the likes of eating contracts up from players being cut, we really can't afford to go after one. We chose to pay off debt this year instead of going after good players with the increase in salary cap money. Go figure.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read