Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-15-2006   #1
Sco-tai
Veteran

Default Interest in Javon Walker

With Sherman on-board, would anything point to the Texans being interested in Javon Walker. Does anyone know if Sherman was a big supporter/reason why they drafted Javon?

Personally, I like Javon's speed, hands and overall route-running and definitely like the idea of him opposite AJ. Between those 2 guys, DD (and perhaps Reggie in the slot)....David would have have spectacular options. Throw in a TE that can catch and you have yourself a fun offense to watch and a great chance to win.

Any thoughts on if Javon is a good locker-room guy, too? I guess I could go to the Packer's board and ask them.

GO TEXANS!
Sco-tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #2
KSig44
Veteran

Javon is a me/money first guy and did not get along with Sherman. Case closed.
KSig44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #3
big homey
Veteran

We thought Givens' price was too steep. How would we even think about signing Javon Walker, who was a holdout only last offseason?
Old 03-15-2006   #4
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by big homey
We thought Givens' price was too steep. How would we even think about signing Javon Walker, who was a holdout only last offseason?
I was on his side for that. He was a Pro-Bowler playing for a little more than a half-million dollars. And then Favre messed him up.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #5
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Didnt he have Rosenhouse (sp?) as his agent? Who told him to holdout last year. After he didnt get his contract he fired Rosenhouse and got a new counsel? Any guy thats smart enough to get rid of Rosenhouse is OK in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #6
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Yes, as someone mentioned he went to the Pro Bowl and was earning barely above the league minimum. He held out, then got hurt on the first day of the season. I would love to have his talent, but he would be on the last year of his contract, meaning we would have to shell out #1 receiver money if we expect him to play for us.
Old 03-15-2006   #7
KSig44
Veteran

It's pretty common knowledge from two years ago with him screaming for the ball and last years hold out. And while he does deserve a raise (incentive laden) he, year after year, is more worried about money than his team.
KSig44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-15-2006   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSig44
It's pretty common knowledge from two years ago with him screaming for the ball and last years hold out. And while he does deserve a raise (incentive laden) he, year after year, is more worried about money than his team.
true, but teams don't care about their players if they get hurt. A player can be loved one day and hated another. That's why Brady's $10 million was a "paycut" for the team.
Old 03-15-2006   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSig44

You're totally out of nowhere with these comments. The fact is, teams can cut you whenever they want, but players get labeled money grubbing if they want a new contract. Walker shouldn't have played for 500k last season, as if his injury had been more serious, he could have ended his career. A player alling for the ball is never a bad thing, either, especially when they turn it into his #s
Old 03-15-2006   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
You're totally out of nowhere with these comments. The fact is, teams can cut you whenever they want, but players get labeled money grubbing if they want a new contract. Walker shouldn't have played for 500k last season, as if his injury had been more serious, he could have ended his career. A player alling for the ball is never a bad thing, either, especially when they turn it into his #s
Exactly
Old 03-15-2006   #11
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Very, very good point. After a pro-bowl season, half a million dollars isnt any were near the compensation he should get for what he wa doing on the field. If he got injured and could never play again, he wouldnt have very much to build from that contract.

Every one knows, any WR worth anything, gets mad when the ball doesnt come his way on a regular basis.
Old 03-15-2006   #12
outofhnd
All Pro

Someone would outbid us for his services on the open market even if we were interested. I doubt we would be that interested in him.
Old 03-20-2006   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Javon Walker?

I think he wants his way out of Green Bay. He's coming off a serious injury last year, but if you were the Texans would you go after him? I don't know if Sherman has discussed it all, but the tie is there. I don't even know if the Texans are interested in him, but I'm sure they're exploring all options.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006   #14
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I wouldn't be suprised if we show some interest, we've been looking at practically all the WR free agents.
Old 03-20-2006   #15
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont think we are interested. We recently canceled our visit with Burleson because we signed Walter. I think we are done with WRs this offseason.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006   #16
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
I dont think we are interested. We recently canceled our visit with Burleson because we signed Walter. I think we are done with WRs this offseason.
I hope not. Who's our #2 guy? I hope we at least get Hilliard. AJ, Hilliard, Walter as our #1,2, and 3 WRs is not bad. With Putzier at TE, Carr would finally have some weapons. Now if we can get a line that keeps him standing...
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006   #17
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy sounds like another me first WR trying to get out of a contract. Plus he was seriously injured. Plus he would want a big fat shiny contract.

So that would be a no.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006   #18
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

our #2 will be Mathis, Armstrong, or Walter.

With Reggie Bush, Jameel Cook, Jeb Putzier(or another TE), and AJ on the field.. I think any of those three guys should be servicable as a #2 receiver.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006   #19
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
I hope not. Who's our #2 guy? I hope we at least get Hilliard. AJ, Hilliard, Walter as our #1,2, and 3 WRs is not bad. With Putzier at TE, Carr would finally have some weapons. Now if we can get a line that keeps him standing...
Ike Hilliard is not a #2. This is his work for last year in a pretty average Tampa WR group

2005 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 35cathces 282yards 8.1average 22long 1TD
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006   #20
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

IKE isn't coming, staying at TB. If I remember correctly (highly subjective) Walker and Sherman where not all that thrilled with each other. Could be wrong about it, but that's how I remember it.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read