Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-15-2006   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Vikings Changing Uniforms

Too bad for the Viking fans. Looks like we have Les Alexander North brewing.

Vikings | Team changing uniforms
Tue, 14 Mar 2006 19:46:00 -0800 | www.kffl.com

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings will be wearing new uniforms for the 2006 season. Steve LaCroix, Vikings vice president of sales and marketing, confirmed the uniform change, although he declined to say to what extent. "We are working with the NFL and Reebok on some exciting changes for the 2006 season. The process is still continuing, but we'll look to have an unveiling later in the offseason for our fans," he said.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

New Owner, new Coach, new QB, and new uniforms, seems like they want to change the whole face of the franchise.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #3
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Lightbulb Reggie,Reggie,Reggie!

......how about putting a Bull or the state of Texas on the sleeve of the Texans jerseys. They could even put our logo or a star on the back, above the players name like the New Cards jerseys.
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #4
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
New Owner, new Coach, new QB, and new uniforms, seems like they want to change the whole face of the franchise.

Could not have said it better myself.
Old 03-15-2006   #5
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

I always loved the purple ones ... hated the white ones ...
Old 03-15-2006   #6
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Barney would be sad too.

I didn't like their recent unis. It looked like the helmets were a different color than the unis.

And the color was too bluey and not purpley enough.

And now for a story on myself. For the Vikings game, I sat front row end zone, right next to the BP. And I had various signs with me, including one I held up as the Vikings ran in that said "Real Men Don't Wear Purple."

So a couple of the special teams Vikes players were doing sprints to where we were and one looks up at the sign and says, "Oh yeah, well you look like a man, baby."

LOL. Admittedly,that outfit was so over the top that it did look a little tranny.

Though real men probably shouldn't wear too much purple, it would be sick if they got further away from their purple. That and I like their helmets.

I guess they will be alright as long as they don't end up in navy pinstripes.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

No Moss. No Culpepper. Who's going to buy any of these new jerseys?

It would be a crime against all that does not suck if the Vikes change their helmet. Best helmet in the NFL.
Old 03-15-2006   #8
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
It would be a crime against all that does not suck if the Vikes change their helmet. Best helmet in the NFL.

I know this is easy for me to say, living here in Houston, but does anyone else miss the days of Metropolitan Stadium, snow covered, Purple People Eaters, both teams on the same side of the field (I think), .... that was football
Old 03-15-2006   #9
TexansCM
Rookie

Rep Power: 11 TexansCM was voted MVPTexansCM was voted MVPTexansCM was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
I know this is easy for me to say, living here in Houston, but does anyone else miss the days of Metropolitan Stadium, snow covered, Purple People Eaters, both teams on the same side of the field (I think), .... that was football
I grew up in Minnesota and the old Met was tore down when I was still pretty young, but both teams were on the same sidelines. One thing you will not see is another open roof stadium in Minnesota, it is too damn cold for their fans. Texans are my team but I get Sunday ticket to watch the Vikes and went to Green Bay this year for the Vikes Packers. I laugh every time someone on this board complains about sitting in the sun at the Texans game. Try Green Bay, football is about the elements that is why there are the Ice Bowls and the snow in the NE and Denver. I agree the Vikes helmet is a classic.
TexansCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #10
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansCM
I laugh every time someone on this board complains about sitting in the sun at the Texans game. Try Green Bay, football is about the elements that is why there are the Ice Bowls and the snow in the NE and Denver.
Sunny 125 degrees with no wind or blustery sub zero blast. Which one is more fun?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #11
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
Sunny 125 degrees with no wind or blustery sub zero blast. Which one is more fun?

I can say that I've never had the pleasure of a sub zero game but I was there at the Pittsburgh game last year. We're only in the sun for about a quarter, otherwise we would've roasted ....
Old 03-15-2006   #12
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

The insult of moving the team indoors in '84 or whenever it was, is only surpassed by the fact that they built the Mall of America over the site of the Met Stadium where the Vikes and Twins played, and the old Met Sports Center where the North Stars played NHL hockey..
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #13
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
snow, mud, rain and wind are more fun than 125 degree blazing sun
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #14
TexansCM
Rookie

Rep Power: 11 TexansCM was voted MVPTexansCM was voted MVPTexansCM was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
The insult of moving the team indoors in '84 or whenever it was, is only surpassed by the fact that they built the Mall of America over the site of the Met Stadium where the Vikes and Twins played, and the old Met Sports Center where the North Stars played NHL hockey..
Actually the Mall wasn't built on top of the Met Sports Center where the North Stars played, but just recently they built an Ikea there it was a parking lot
TexansCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #15
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

MINNESOTA LOVE BOATS
Old 03-15-2006   #16
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

My grandmother was a huge Vikings fan and my mom is still one.

As a child, I thought the team name was "Dem Damn Vinkinks" given the way my accented grandmother talked about them--Fran and those lost Superbowls.

It is sad was has become of that franchise.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

As a decedent of a village that was raided by the Vikings back in the day, I am offended by this team name. They need to change it to the Minnesota Corn Flakes to make my village happy.
Old 03-15-2006   #18
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35118 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
As a decedent of a village that was raided by the Vikings back in the day, I am offended by this team name. They need to change it to the Minnesota Corn Flakes to make my village happy.
LoL, I would'nt be surprised if they have a YELLOW alternate jersey.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read