Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-14-2006   #1
2 CENTS
Rookie

Default Same Ol' Texans

Here it is FREE AGENCY!!! BIG DEAL if YOUR a TEXAN FAN!!!

Another YEAR and the same ol STUFF. I do not see how the TEXANS have helped the TEAM by signing the FREE AGENTS they have signed. We didn't need another Defensive END. Switching to the 4-3, we already have "Jason Babin, POLK, ORR. Any one of those guys can play DE. Signing a FB Jamel COOK. We already have Moran Norris and Jarrod Baxter BOTH GOOD BLOCKERS and that is all a FULLBACK is. The worst SIGNING and WASTE of MONEY "SAGE Rosenfells" for PETE SAKE I'd take my Chances with RAGONE and BJ SIMMONS before signing that LOSER!!!!! He can't push CARR. Carr was better than SAGE the DAY he was BORN. What the TEXANS NEED, are PUTZIER or SCHOBEL. JOPPRU "CUT him before he gets HURT". What we need is FLANGAN at Center and O-LINE HELP. WR we don't need them KEVIN WALTERS give me a BREAK more wasted money. If we had to sign a WR it would have been GIVENS or BUST for ME!!! A million Dollars is what we LOST him by. To McNAIR that is a BURGER KING WHOPPER, FRIES and a SHAKE. We already have Mathis he is a STAR waiting to EXPLODE and Alexander and Gaffney to fill the slot position. At one time we had Marlon Mcree did you see the Bucks he signed for But noooooo we didn't want to resign him we just let him go to Carolina to become a STAR. Instead we traded for Phillip Buchanon alias "CHICKEN HEART" I Cut him and DRAFT a CB. This FREE AGENCY SMACKS of CHARLIE CASSERLY just like LAST YEARS DRAFT. The only player we got in that DRAFT was MATHISS maybe JOHNSON we will see how he works out this year.

2 CENTS OUT
2 CENTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #2
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 CENTS

Another YEAR and the same ol STUFF. I do not see how the TEXANS have helped the TEAM by signing the FREE AGENTS they have signed. We didn't need another Defensive END. Switching to the 4-3, we already have "Jason Babin, POLK, ORR. Any one of those guys can play DE. Signing a FB Jamel COOK. We already have Moran Norris and Jarrod Baxter BOTH GOOD BLOCKERS and that is all a FULLBACK is. The worst SIGNING and WASTE of MONEY "SAGE Rosenfells" for PETE SAKE I'd take my Chances with RAGONE and BJ SIMMONS before signing that LOSER!!!!! He can't push CARR. Carr was better than SAGE the DAY he was BORN. What the TEXANS NEED, are PUTZIER or SCHOBEL. JOPPRU "CUT him before he gets HURT". What we need is FLANGAN at Center and O-LINE HELP. WR we don't need them KEVIN WALTERS give me a BREAK more wasted money. If we had to sign a WR it would have been GIVENS or BUST for ME!!! A million Dollars is what we LOST him by. To McNAIR that is a BURGER KING WHOPPER, FRIES and a SHAKE. We already have Mathis he is a STAR waiting to EXPLODE and Alexander and Gaffney to fill the slot position. At one time we had Marlon Mcree did you see the Bucks he signed for But noooooo we didn't want to resign him we just let him go to Carolina to become a STAR. Instead we traded for Phillip Buchanon alias "CHICKEN HEART" I Cut him and DRAFT a CB. This FREE AGENCY SMACKS of CHARLIE CASSERLY just like LAST YEARS DRAFT. The only player we got in that DRAFT was MATHISS maybe JOHNSON we will see how he works out this year.

2 CENTS OUT

haha yeah sure any of them can play DE, heck i could play QB for a team but that really dont mean i'm the right man for the job, all them guys besides peek and MAYBE a big maybe babin are no more than 2nd stringers at least right now. If we are gonna compete we have to get guys who we know can get the job done, not put someone in there and HOPE they can get the job done.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #3
Mailman04
Veteran

I honestly hope you are joking when you say they didn't need another DE. Orr, yeah. They may have a janitor who can coach so why did they hire Kubiak.
Mailman04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #4
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

2 CENTS OUT
Ok time to rip this post apart

Dashon Polk can not play DE he is a MLB he is 6'2 242 not even close to the size of a DE.

I dont think Jarrod Baxter is even in the nfl any more.

About FB being blockers and thats it I guess you dont have any idea how kubiak uses his players. Kubiak wants a FB who can block and recieve. Moran Norris isnt a good reciever. So in other words Jameel Cook is the kind of FB Kubes wants in his offense.

The Texans are bringing in Putzier and are expected to sign him. There is no point in cutting Bennie J yet he isnt costing very much money at all. Also he still has potential if he gets hurt again then yes cut him.

We dont need Kevin Walters. Ummm I guess you didnt realize the only WR we have under contract is AJ, Jerome Mathis, and D Armstong. Mathis hasnt proved anything as a WR yet. Yes he has tons of potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
Moran Norris isnt a good reciever.
Just wondering where this consensus opinion comes from. Sure he only has 12 NFL receptions, but then he only has 1 NFL carry as well. Don't recall him dropping a bunch of passes in games (something Kubiak and Co. could have reviewed) or in training camp (did they really review the training camp film?--and he wasn't any worse there than anyone else). The fact that he hasn't done something doesn't mean he can't. He arrived at college as a TE. I hope our staff isn't presuming the old staff was correct in all their player evaluations.
Old 03-14-2006   #6
Sportsfan
All Pro

I wish some of you would shut your pieholes and quit complaining. Reserve judgement until the season gets going and you can intelligently make an observation on how the team did with their FA/Draft pickups.
Let the coaches/GM do their freaking jobs. Kubiak probably has more knowledge of football in his pinky finger than all of us combined, same goes for Casserly whether you want to hear that or not.
Sure I'd love for them pickup David Givens, Bentley, Randle El, Law, Arrington, etc, etc, but it aint happenin. Let them do their job before criticizing these guys. They've been busting their asses for the last couple months on rebuilding this team.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #7
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan
I wish some of you would shut your pieholes and quit complaining. Reserve judgement until the season gets going and you can intelligently make an observation on how the team did with their FA/Draft pickups.
Let the coaches/GM do their freaking jobs. Kubiak probably has more knowledge of football in his pinky finger than all of us combined, same goes for Casserly whether you want to hear that or not.
Sure I'd love for them pickup David Givens, Bentley, Randle El, Law, Arrington, etc, etc, but it aint happenin. Let them do their job before criticizing these guys. They've been busting their asses for the last couple months on rebuilding this team.

very well put i agree 100 %
Sponsored links
Old 03-14-2006   #8
big homey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Just wondering where this consensus opinion comes from. Sure he only has 12 NFL receptions, but then he only has 1 NFL carry as well. Don't recall him dropping a bunch of passes in games (something Kubiak and Co. could have reviewed) or in training camp (did they really review the training camp film?--and he wasn't any worse there than anyone else). The fact that he hasn't done something doesn't mean he can't. He arrived at college as a TE. I hope our staff isn't presuming the old staff was correct in all their player evaluations.
I always thoguht Norris was being underused in the system. Kubiak may see something in him, but signed Cook to get a little insurance. If both pan out, at the worst we have a pretty deep stable of skilled backs.
Old 03-14-2006   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Here we go again. Another post, same ole stuff.

Can't you just post your rant in another of the hundreds of threads where people are prejudging everything that hasn't been done yet.

Chill out a tad, unless you are a better evaluator of talent than Kubiak why don't you see how it pans out
Old 03-14-2006   #10
2 CENTS
Rookie

Default Weaver

Yeah WEAVER.

I watch a LOT of FOOTBALL and I really heard WEAVER was GOOD!!!!! I NEVER heard of the SCHMUCK!!!! DWIGHT FREENY I suppose he is 6"6" 300 lbs. He just Happens to be the best Pass rusher in the NFL and NO he isn't the IDEAL SIZE for a DE. By the WAY I would LIKE to see BABIN at MIDDLE LINEBACKER and move GREENWOOD to LOLB and move WONG back to ROLB. I think BABIN could be a good MLB he has the size and the Speed. As for FB Yeah I know what KUBIAK runs on OFFENSE 1 BACK SETS. By the WAY who is DENVERS FB Oh yeah the GUY who caught how many passes out of the BACK FEILD LAST YEAR what was his NAME???????? RIGHT we need another FB. PLEASE if you don't know what your talking about don't bother to POST a comment!!!!
2 CENTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #11
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

nothing like yanking on some strings during the off season when theres nothing better to do.
Old 03-14-2006   #12
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
RIGHT we need another FB. PLEASE if you don't know what your talking about don't bother to POST a comment!!!!
You know that really isn't a good follow up post to one listing Jarrod Baxter as a FB on the Texans' roster.
Old 03-14-2006   #13
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You know that really isn't a good follow up post to one listing Jarrod Baxter as a FB on the Texans' roster.
Or BJ Symons for that matter. He plays for the freakin BEARS!

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 03-14-2006 at 11:53 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #14
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Owned...in oh so many ways.

I stopped reading his 2nd post when he said Jason Babin could play MLB. Riiiiiight.

You may watch a lot of football, but that doesn't mean anything. A four year old could watch a lot of crickett, and he still won't understand what's going on.
Old 03-14-2006   #15
Mightymike
Veteran

2 Cents, we can get every big name player for every need we have. Babin at MLB??????? get real. Orr at DE???????? you and your postion changes are whack
Mightymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #16
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan
Here we go again. Another post, same ole stuff.
Different day.
Old 03-15-2006   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradK10
I stopped reading his 2nd post when he said Jason Babin could play MLB. Riiiiiight.
Actually, how about explaining why Babin couldn't play MLB?
Old 03-15-2006   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Speaking of "same ol' Texans". Keith from houstonprofootball.com has the same theme in his last piece.

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/scout/scout129.html

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Speaking of "same ol' Texans". Keith from houstonprofootball.com has the same theme in his last piece.

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/scout/scout129.html
So chicken and the egg is was the coaching saff that bad, or was the new coaching staff selected because they felt the players weren't that bad? One way or another, I predict a dramatic season.
Old 03-15-2006   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So chicken and the egg is was the coaching saff that bad, or was the new coaching staff selected because they felt the players weren't that bad? One way or another, I predict a dramatic season.
I'm pretty worried that it is another house of cards. This is year 5 with no pass rush and in FA we trumpet a run stopping DE as our key FA. Aren't we full of run stopping DE's? I don't get the 13 mil guaranteed for a run stopping DE. I just don't get Rosenfels either. He couldn't push Gus Frerotte (who has no team right now), and we expect that he will push Carr? We are one snap away from Sage Rosenfels as our QB. I can see a dramatic season coming too, and I hope that Kubiak has some magic beans or something. He may need some.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read