Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Same Ol' Texans

2 CENTS

Practice Squad
Here it is FREE AGENCY!!! BIG DEAL if YOUR a TEXAN FAN!!!

Another YEAR and the same ol STUFF. I do not see how the TEXANS have helped the TEAM by signing the FREE AGENTS they have signed. We didn't need another Defensive END. Switching to the 4-3, we already have "Jason Babin, POLK, ORR. Any one of those guys can play DE. Signing a FB Jamel COOK. We already have Moran Norris and Jarrod Baxter BOTH GOOD BLOCKERS and that is all a FULLBACK is. The worst SIGNING and WASTE of MONEY "SAGE Rosenfells" for PETE SAKE I'd take my Chances with RAGONE and BJ SIMMONS before signing that LOSER!!!!! He can't push CARR. Carr was better than SAGE the DAY he was BORN. What the TEXANS NEED, are PUTZIER or SCHOBEL. JOPPRU "CUT him before he gets HURT". What we need is FLANGAN at Center and O-LINE HELP. WR we don't need them KEVIN WALTERS give me a BREAK more wasted money. If we had to sign a WR it would have been GIVENS or BUST for ME!!! A million Dollars is what we LOST him by. To McNAIR that is a BURGER KING WHOPPER, FRIES and a SHAKE. We already have Mathis he is a STAR waiting to EXPLODE and Alexander and Gaffney to fill the slot position. At one time we had Marlon Mcree did you see the Bucks he signed for But noooooo we didn't want to resign him we just let him go to Carolina to become a STAR. Instead we traded for Phillip Buchanon alias "CHICKEN HEART" I Cut him and DRAFT a CB. This FREE AGENCY SMACKS of CHARLIE CASSERLY just like LAST YEARS DRAFT. The only player we got in that DRAFT was MATHISS maybe JOHNSON we will see how he works out this year.

2 CENTS OUT

2 CENTS said:

Another YEAR and the same ol STUFF. I do not see how the TEXANS have helped the TEAM by signing the FREE AGENTS they have signed. We didn't need another Defensive END. Switching to the 4-3, we already have "Jason Babin, POLK, ORR. Any one of those guys can play DE. Signing a FB Jamel COOK. We already have Moran Norris and Jarrod Baxter BOTH GOOD BLOCKERS and that is all a FULLBACK is. The worst SIGNING and WASTE of MONEY "SAGE Rosenfells" for PETE SAKE I'd take my Chances with RAGONE and BJ SIMMONS before signing that LOSER!!!!! He can't push CARR. Carr was better than SAGE the DAY he was BORN. What the TEXANS NEED, are PUTZIER or SCHOBEL. JOPPRU "CUT him before he gets HURT". What we need is FLANGAN at Center and O-LINE HELP. WR we don't need them KEVIN WALTERS give me a BREAK more wasted money. If we had to sign a WR it would have been GIVENS or BUST for ME!!! A million Dollars is what we LOST him by. To McNAIR that is a BURGER KING WHOPPER, FRIES and a SHAKE. We already have Mathis he is a STAR waiting to EXPLODE and Alexander and Gaffney to fill the slot position. At one time we had Marlon Mcree did you see the Bucks he signed for But noooooo we didn't want to resign him we just let him go to Carolina to become a STAR. Instead we traded for Phillip Buchanon alias "CHICKEN HEART" I Cut him and DRAFT a CB. This FREE AGENCY SMACKS of CHARLIE CASSERLY just like LAST YEARS DRAFT. The only player we got in that DRAFT was MATHISS maybe JOHNSON we will see how he works out this year.

2 CENTS OUT

haha yeah sure any of them can play DE, heck i could play QB for a team but that really dont mean i'm the right man for the job, all them guys besides peek and MAYBE a big maybe babin are no more than 2nd stringers at least right now. If we are gonna compete we have to get guys who we know can get the job done, not put someone in there and HOPE they can get the job done.

I honestly hope you are joking when you say they didn't need another DE. Orr, yeah. They may have a janitor who can coach so why did they hire Kubiak.

2 CENTS said:

2 CENTS OUT
Ok time to rip this post apart

Dashon Polk can not play DE he is a MLB he is 6'2 242 not even close to the size of a DE.

I dont think Jarrod Baxter is even in the nfl any more.

About FB being blockers and thats it I guess you dont have any idea how kubiak uses his players. Kubiak wants a FB who can block and recieve. Moran Norris isnt a good reciever. So in other words Jameel Cook is the kind of FB Kubes wants in his offense.

The Texans are bringing in Putzier and are expected to sign him. There is no point in cutting Bennie J yet he isnt costing very much money at all. Also he still has potential if he gets hurt again then yes cut him.

We dont need Kevin Walters. Ummm I guess you didnt realize the only WR we have under contract is AJ, Jerome Mathis, and D Armstong. Mathis hasnt proved anything as a WR yet. Yes he has tons of potential.

Bubbajwp said:
Moran Norris isnt a good reciever.

Just wondering where this consensus opinion comes from. Sure he only has 12 NFL receptions, but then he only has 1 NFL carry as well. Don't recall him dropping a bunch of passes in games (something Kubiak and Co. could have reviewed) or in training camp (did they really review the training camp film?--and he wasn't any worse there than anyone else). The fact that he hasn't done something doesn't mean he can't. He arrived at college as a TE. I hope our staff isn't presuming the old staff was correct in all their player evaluations.

I wish some of you would shut your pieholes and quit complaining. Reserve judgement until the season gets going and you can intelligently make an observation on how the team did with their FA/Draft pickups.
Let the coaches/GM do their freaking jobs. Kubiak probably has more knowledge of football in his pinky finger than all of us combined, same goes for Casserly whether you want to hear that or not.
Sure I'd love for them pickup David Givens, Bentley, Randle El, Law, Arrington, etc, etc, but it aint happenin. Let them do their job before criticizing these guys. They've been busting their asses for the last couple months on rebuilding this team.

Sportsfan said:
I wish some of you would shut your pieholes and quit complaining. Reserve judgement until the season gets going and you can intelligently make an observation on how the team did with their FA/Draft pickups.
Let the coaches/GM do their freaking jobs. Kubiak probably has more knowledge of football in his pinky finger than all of us combined, same goes for Casserly whether you want to hear that or not.
Sure I'd love for them pickup David Givens, Bentley, Randle El, Law, Arrington, etc, etc, but it aint happenin. Let them do their job before criticizing these guys. They've been busting their asses for the last couple months on rebuilding this team.

very well put i agree 100 %

infantrycak said:
Just wondering where this consensus opinion comes from. Sure he only has 12 NFL receptions, but then he only has 1 NFL carry as well. Don't recall him dropping a bunch of passes in games (something Kubiak and Co. could have reviewed) or in training camp (did they really review the training camp film?--and he wasn't any worse there than anyone else). The fact that he hasn't done something doesn't mean he can't. He arrived at college as a TE. I hope our staff isn't presuming the old staff was correct in all their player evaluations.
I always thoguht Norris was being underused in the system. Kubiak may see something in him, but signed Cook to get a little insurance. If both pan out, at the worst we have a pretty deep stable of skilled backs.

Here we go again. Another post, same ole stuff. :deadhorse

Can't you just post your rant in another of the hundreds of threads where people are prejudging everything that hasn't been done yet.

Chill out a tad, unless you are a better evaluator of talent than Kubiak why don't you see how it pans out :ok:

Yeah WEAVER.

I watch a LOT of FOOTBALL and I really heard WEAVER was GOOD!!!!! I NEVER heard of the SCHMUCK!!!! DWIGHT FREENY I suppose he is 6"6" 300 lbs. He just Happens to be the best Pass rusher in the NFL and NO he isn't the IDEAL SIZE for a DE. By the WAY I would LIKE to see BABIN at MIDDLE LINEBACKER and move GREENWOOD to LOLB and move WONG back to ROLB. I think BABIN could be a good MLB he has the size and the Speed. As for FB Yeah I know what KUBIAK runs on OFFENSE 1 BACK SETS. By the WAY who is DENVERS FB Oh yeah the GUY who caught how many passes out of the BACK FEILD LAST YEAR what was his NAME???????? RIGHT we need another FB. PLEASE if you don't know what your talking about don't bother to POST a comment!!!!

2 CENTS said:
RIGHT we need another FB. PLEASE if you don't know what your talking about don't bother to POST a comment!!!!

You know that really isn't a good follow up post to one listing Jarrod Baxter as a FB on the Texans' roster.

Owned...in oh so many ways.

I stopped reading his 2nd post when he said Jason Babin could play MLB. Riiiiiight.

You may watch a lot of football, but that doesn't mean anything. A four year old could watch a lot of crickett, and he still won't understand what's going on.

2 Cents, we can get every big name player for every need we have. Babin at MLB??????? get real. Orr at DE???????? you and your postion changes are whack

infantrycak said:
So chicken and the egg is was the coaching saff that bad, or was the new coaching staff selected because they felt the players weren't that bad? One way or another, I predict a dramatic season.
I'm pretty worried that it is another house of cards. This is year 5 with no pass rush and in FA we trumpet a run stopping DE as our key FA. Aren't we full of run stopping DE's? I don't get the 13 mil guaranteed for a run stopping DE. I just don't get Rosenfels either. He couldn't push Gus Frerotte (who has no team right now), and we expect that he will push Carr? We are one snap away from Sage Rosenfels as our QB. I can see a dramatic season coming too, and I hope that Kubiak has some magic beans or something. He may need some.

I just don't understand why so many people pay extraordinary attention to the Texans when they think (know) everything the team does is so bad, incompetent, and foolish. I'm not going to say anyone isn't a fan, because those who pay attention so closely must be. I just don't understand why people are so masochistic to be fans of a team that gives them nothing but pain.

If you see the Texans in that way, consider this: there are a lot of entertainment options out there - do yourself a favor and choose one that gives you pleasure.

The only other alternative I can see is that it is the bitching and moaning themselves that give these fans pleasure. In that case these people will always complain no matter what the team does so they can continue their mental self-gratification.

Go check out every teams fan base during FA week. Everyone is reacting to moves or non moves. Football is a year around sport for most football fans. Part of the deal.

I guess he assumes the NFL is like playing Madden.. Sure you can put Babin at MLB and have success when you are playing Madden.

Vinny said:
I'm pretty worried that it is another house of cards. This is year 5 with no pass rush and in FA we trumpet a run stopping DE as our key FA. ... I can see a dramatic season coming too, and I hope that Kubiak has some magic beans or something. He may need some.

We really do need to get camp started. I think a big change that will be seen on both sides of the ball will be in aggression. This is why I think some of our players, who we have written off as sub-par, may actually perform better.

There have been frequent examples of how our defense did too much "reading and reacting", such as Peek having to read before he rushed on passing downs. This absolutely negated his biggest strength - great speed off the snap. 610 this morning said that there something like 36 different pass coverages in our play book. No wonder the players were never quite sure what to do. You can barely practice that many sets in a week, much less get them ingrained so that they are second nature.

The same thing was done on offense. There were too many plays based on reading and adjusting (Palmer's offense). If the receivers and Carr didn't read all the keys the same way, the play would fall apart - and there were lots of keys to read. Pendry's offense also made people think too much. Lineman had to worry more about making sure their feet and hand placement were exactly right more than if they got their blocks done. Seriously, what is more important, having the angle between the thumb and forefinger at 83 degrees when the lineman made his initial punch on a pass rusher*, or controlling that rusher in any way possible?

Anyway, I think the new offense and defense will be based on beating the other team by aggressively taking the game to them, rather than relying on out thinking them in mid-play. Those are Kubiak's magic beans, and that is why I think the new coaching staff will make the players they keep better than they have been.

IMO.

*Yes I'm exaggerating for emphasis.

Vinny said:
Go check out every teams fan base during FA week. Everyone is reacting to moves or non moves. Football is a year around sport for most football fans. Part of the deal.

I agree with that 100%. But do all teams, even poor ones, have such a large percentage of fans that are almost 100% negative? It blows my mind. I'd find something better to do if I had that much disrespect for everything Texan.

Note: Just because I'm quoting you doesn't mean I consider you one of those 100% negative fans.

Runner said:
I agree with that 100%. But do all teams, even poor ones, have such a large percentage of fans that are almost 100% negative? It blows my mind.

We have turned into the Detroit Lions or the Bills, they are ready to start jumping off bridges

Runner said:
I agree with that 100%. But do all teams, even poor ones, have such a large percentage of fans that are almost 100% negative? It blows my mind. I'd find something better to do if I had that much disrespect for everything Texan.

Note: Just because I'm quoting you doesn't mean I consider you one of those 100% negative fans.
For those of us that were born and raised here, we have VERY VERY LITTLE football post-season things to reflect positively on. Double that with losing your team to Tenn because the owner and the Mayor got into a tiff, Triple that with a slow starting expansion team (compared to the Jags and Panthers who got to the Conference Championships in both their 2nd season ((the jags continued to stay competitive)) and the Browns who got to the Playoffs with in their 4th season with....oh shall I say it....a QB controversy.....while going 9-7) that just finished 2-freakin'14.

We're to loyal to our city, for some crazy reason, and will root loud on one side of the mouth while bitching out the other.

You see this city has alot of transplants in it. While most of them root for the Texans, they have a fall back team or two. We don't, and we sure won't root for Dallas. That's why we want something, anything, good to come out of it. That will cause alot of bitching though, I'm sure most of it is coming from the ones who were born and raised here.

infantrycak said:

I vaguely recall it coming up at training camp or practice either last year or the year before. Something happened in practice, or maybe a series of practices where the players, including Norris, were joking about his 'hands of stone' and it got picked up by one of the radio guys who was watching. From time to time it comes up on 610 - Granato was talking about it during the aftermath of the Jameel Cook pick up.

infantrycak said:

is he big enough to play TE in the NFL? As you say we dont KNOW if he can catch the ball - he needs a chance to show what he can do.

2 CENTS said:

2 CENTS OUT

Dude you have your opinion but when your bashing a team for its moves at least get the players names right......ARMSTRONG not alexander

Vinny said:
I'm pretty worried that it is another house of cards. This is year 5 with no pass rush and in FA we trumpet a run stopping DE as our key FA. Aren't we full of run stopping DE's? I don't get the 13 mil guaranteed for a run stopping DE. I just don't get Rosenfels either. He couldn't push Gus Frerotte (who has no team right now), and we expect that he will push Carr? We are one snap away from Sage Rosenfels as our QB. I can see a dramatic season coming too, and I hope that Kubiak has some magic beans or something. He may need some.

Weren't the Texans last in rush D last year.

MY Mistakes, ARMSTRONG not ALEXANDER, I thought BAXTER was HURT and on IR . I thought he was a GOOD BLOCKER so if we got rid of him then we screwed up, and I thought SYMMONS was on the PRACTICE SQUAD. MY POINT is the TEXANS NEVER Pick Up any BIG NAME QUALITY PLAYERS !!! YES I was BORN and RAISED in HOUSTON. LIVED and BREATHED OILER BLUE. NOW we HAVE an OWNER who says he WANTS a WINNER!!! Don't we all but you have to be willing to PAY for GOOD PLAYERS!!! Really name me one REALLY GOOD FREE AGENT we have SIGNED???? The closest I can come is TODD WADE and you don't here anything about him GOOD or BAD he is like non Existent. I have SEASON TICKETS since day one and I hate to say it but the LAST 2 YEARS I have gone to 6 GAMES. INSTEAD I STAYED HOME to watch GOOD TEAMS PLAY on DIRECTV SUNDAY TICKET. I tried to watch the TEXANS but never made it past the FIRST QUARTER because they were soo BORING!!! I am a GARY KUBIAK FAN and I think and HOPE he will TURN things around but HONESTLY what are these FREE AGENTS going to do for us??? GIVE me a REASON to CHEER and be proud of our TEAM!!!!! Give me a REASON to go to the GAMES or even watch them on TV on SUNDAYS!!!! WEAVER, ROSENFELLS and COOKE are not NAMES that are going to make me sit in the STADIUM!!!!!!!
By the way why couldn't BABIN be a MLB He reminds me of a BRIAN URLACHER
type player. He used to be a RUSH END converted to OLB but I think he has more BULK than GREENWOOD so why not move GREENWOOD OUTSIDE unless he is JUST to SLOW to play OLB??????? By the way don't worry about ORR or POLK as a DE now that we just came up with the BUCKS for ANTWAAN PEEK to play DE.
2 CENTS OUT

2 CENTS said:

2 CENTS OUT

Chill out guy!!! I think the experts are doing the right thing for the team. I think they know a little more then we do about the game...give it a little more time (this off season)...

2 CENTS said:
Yeah WEAVER.

I watch a LOT of FOOTBALL and I really heard WEAVER was GOOD!!!!! I NEVER heard of the SCHMUCK!!!! DWIGHT FREENY I suppose he is 6"6" 300 lbs. He just Happens to be the best Pass rusher in the NFL and NO he isn't the IDEAL SIZE for a DE. By the WAY I would LIKE to see BABIN at MIDDLE LINEBACKER and move GREENWOOD to LOLB and move WONG back to ROLB. I think BABIN could be a good MLB he has the size and the Speed. As for FB Yeah I know what KUBIAK runs on OFFENSE 1 BACK SETS. By the WAY who is DENVERS FB Oh yeah the GUY who caught how many passes out of the BACK FEILD LAST YEAR what was his NAME???????? RIGHT we need another FB. PLEASE if you don't know what your talking about don't bother to POST a comment!!!!
Just so you know....The Denver fullback, Kyle Johnson, caught 5 TD passes last season....more then any of the receivers on our roster.

2 CENTS said:
MY Mistakes, ARMSTRONG not ALEXANDER, I thought BAXTER was HURT and on IR . I thought he was a GOOD BLOCKER so if we got rid of him then we screwed up, and I thought SYMMONS was on the PRACTICE SQUAD. MY POINT is the TEXANS NEVER Pick Up any BIG NAME QUALITY PLAYERS !!! YES I was BORN and RAISED in HOUSTON. LIVED and BREATHED OILER BLUE. NOW we HAVE an OWNER who says he WANTS a WINNER!!! Don't we all but you have to be willing to PAY for GOOD PLAYERS!!! Really name me one REALLY GOOD FREE AGENT we have SIGNED???? The closest I can come is TODD WADE and you don't here anything about him GOOD or BAD he is like non Existent. I have SEASON TICKETS since day one and I hate to say it but the LAST 2 YEARS I have gone to 6 GAMES. INSTEAD I STAYED HOME to watch GOOD TEAMS PLAY on DIRECTV SUNDAY TICKET. I tried to watch the TEXANS but never made it past the FIRST QUARTER because they were soo BORING!!! I am a GARY KUBIAK FAN and I think and HOPE he will TURN things around but HONESTLY what are these FREE AGENTS going to do for us??? GIVE me a REASON to CHEER and be proud of our TEAM!!!!! Give me a REASON to go to the GAMES or even watch them on TV on SUNDAYS!!!! WEAVER, ROSENFELLS and COOKE are not NAMES that are going to make me sit in the STADIUM!!!!!!!
type player. He used to be a RUSH END converted to OLB but I think he has more BULK than GREENWOOD so why not move GREENWOOD OUTSIDE unless he is JUST to SLOW to play OLB??????? By the way don't worry about ORR or POLK as a DE now that we just came up with the BUCKS for ANTWAAN PEEK to play DE.
2 CENTS OUT

OK.

I can't figure out what is funnier.

Trying to imagine this as ranted by Lewis Black or the late Sam Kinison.

Anybody else have any other funny ways to read this????

As to the topic of the post, I will just say that I find it funny that on message boards people latch on to a description of a player and then that is all they are. A shorthand rep. That Weaver is just a 3-4 guy who can't pass rush. Maybe that is true, or maybe he actually prefers 4-3 and felt that Baltimore's pass rush was more a team thing versus an individual stats thing.

Just saying that we have to be careful with the shorthand that develops on the internet because often those descriptions fall short, especially in a team game that is so dependant on scheme.

At the end of the day, I don't know what our off season moves will amount to but I will say this:

The beauty thing about this time of year is that we are, like all the other teams....

UNDEFEATED. :cool:

Just don't know how things are gonna turn out until you play the games.

:texflag:

2 CENTS said:
2 CENTS OUT

Dude, use your return key every once in a while. It's the rectangle key that usually says "Enter" on it.

Vinny said:

I agree with you Vinny.
I know we can't hit a homerun every time on the FA market, but damn, I would like to see us get a double or even a triple sometimes. Anything but a strikeout that we have been getting with our FA selection!!!

Bobby 119C

i just don't understand why we have some of the worst players in the league besides AJohnson,DDavis,DCarr,JMathis,and DRobinson. Then I'm sure some of you guys would argue some of these players. Anyways how in the he!! are we just under the salary cap. All we get are 2nd to 3rd tear FA who we over pay for. Who is getting paid all the cash? Anyone have the details?

You will see the pash rush this year that Weaver really holds. The 4-3 will make us a much better pass rushing team. The season will be probably 7-9...
Mark my words :)

outofhnd said:
I guess he assumes the NFL is like playing Madden.. Sure you can put Babin at MLB and have success when you are playing Madden.

I turned Babin and Peek into LDE's and Babin's rating went from an 80 to a 91 and Peek went from 77 to a 87. hey a guy can dream can he?:redtowel:

jgite said:
I turned Babin and Peek into LDE's and Babin's rating went from an 80 to a 91 and Peek went from 77 to a 87. hey a guy can dream can he?:redtowel:
Try it with Shawn Merriman and Demarcus Ware. You might be surprised.

Back