Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-14-2006   #1
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Default Keyshawn Released

I heard Keyshawn was let go from Dallas??

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #2
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Been confirmed on Dallas radio, Cowboys Falgship station 1310 AM, K. Johnosn has been released.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #3
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.dallascowboys.com/

On the front page.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #4
bATXle red
Rookie

making way for T.O.?
Old 03-14-2006   #5
evil_scotsman
Rookie

Well his attitude problems have diminished from when he played with the Bucs, and he is a good run blocker. But he's too old IMO. Unlikely we'll take him.
evil_scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #6
c5demon
Rookie

T.O. is coming!
c5demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #7
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea I believe it's all about making a run for Terrell.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-14-2006   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, TO in a Cowboys uniform. That's crazy after his dissin' the star and playing for the Eagles.

Couldn't happen to a better team, IMO (apologies to WWJD ).
Old 03-14-2006   #9
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I got ya DB!

Mixed feelings for me really.

On the one hand I don't like him and his attitude and wish he'd just go away.

On the other he's a great player and you can never have enough of those. To be honest I thought his sharpie autograph thing was funny as well as acting like a cheerleader and I generally don't like that type of show.

I dunno. Jerry's the kind of guy that would be interested in Terrell.
Old 03-14-2006   #10
el toro
All Pro

Default Keyshawn released

Wouldn't be a bad fit. Can we afford him?
el toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #11
el toro
All Pro

Cowboys release Keyshawn Johnson

By CLARENCE E. HILL JR.

STAR-TELEGRAM STAFF WRITER

IRVING -- Receiver Keyshawn Johnson has been released by the Cowboys, making him an unrestricted free agent.

Johnson is a due $1 million roster bonus by 3 p.m. He was informed by owner Jerry Jones at about 2:30 p.m. of the teams decision to not pay the bonus and release him.

Its a business, Johnson said. I am thankful they brought me here. I feel good. I get a chance to be a free agent for the first time. If you want a receiver that is going to get it done. I am available.

Johnson, who will represent himself in free agency, said Jones told him that the Cowboys would consider re-signing him once he tested the market and determined his value. Johnson said he would give the Cowboys an opportunity to do so.

A 10-year veteran, Johnson caught 141 passes and 12 touchdowns the past two years for the Cowboys.

He led the Cowboys in receptions in 2005 with 71 catches.
el toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #12
Mycco
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to Mycco

I'm a Cowboy/Texan fan...so it would be bittersweet...but don't count on it. We've got the biggest Free agents on the market already Weaver/Rosenfels....those guy are going to bring us a championship....ok...ok...maybe I went overboard with the sarcasim...but you get the point. Casserly has no idea what he is doing. He's feeding us this load of crap that he's trying to improve our team when all he has done the last 2 years is dismantle an up an coming defense before it had time to blossom. Now we have no choice but take a big huge bite of this turd-burger.
Mycco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #13
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Key is a good receiver still I think although I've been argued down about that.

Interesting that he's representing himself.
Old 03-14-2006   #14
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I for one am a huge Keyshawn fan. Great Blocker, great hands, a real competitive spirit. Given his age though the price would have to be right but I would want him.
kiwitexansfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #15
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan
I for one am a huge Keyshawn fan. Great Blocker, great hands, a real competitive spirit. Given his age though the price would have to be right but I would want him.
He would be ok, but I think we'd have to pay him a lot more than I'm willing to do to get him to come here. He will likely want to go to a good team that has a lot of money to give him, and we only have the money part as of right now.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #16
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by el toro
Wouldn't be a bad fit. Can we afford him?
I just caught a piece of an interview with Keyshawn on Sirius, and he was talking about how he did not want to play for $2 million a year, that he wanted to be paid for what he thinks he is worth, which is apparently more than $2 million a year...
Old 03-15-2006   #17
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

from www.kffl.com

Panthers | K. Johnson interested in playing for team
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 20:40:32 -0800

Pat Yasinskas, of the Charlotte Observer, reports free agent WR Keyshawn Johnson (Cowboys) said twice Wednesday, March 15, that he would be interested in joining the Carolina Panthers. Johnson said Panthers offensive coordinator Dan Henning is the best coordinator he ever played for. The two had a good relationship when they worked together with the New York Jets.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read