Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-14-2006   #1
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 124145 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default TO Released

On ESPNnews right now. Article from CNNSI:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.

Last edited by PapaL; 03-14-2006 at 02:45 PM.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

At this point, I'd take him.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #3
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NFL DRAFT
At this point, I'd take him.

for the vet minimum and a contract chock full of bail out "team distraction" language ..... let's do it
Old 03-14-2006   #4
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Hehe, lets roll. Imagine an offense with Johnson, Bush, and Owens. Unstoppable.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #5
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 124145 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone else to yell at Carr. TO, "Throw me the damn ball" DC, "Block someone!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #6
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

How much do you guys think he'll want
Old 03-14-2006   #7
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

He wont come here. He wants a star QB to throw to him, and he wants a SB contender. We have neither.

I see him going to Denver.
Sponsored links
Old 03-14-2006   #8
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
He wont come here. He wants a star QB to throw to him, and he wants a SB contender. We have neither.

I agree ... and we missed a bullet ....
Old 03-14-2006   #9
c5demon
Rookie

I'd throw Dallas in the mix of teams.
c5demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

One team's garbage is another team's headache.
Old 03-14-2006   #11
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
One team's garbage is another team's headache.
I will put up with Owens, if it means I get 1200 yards, and 10 touchdowns.

Im tired of missing out in FA, because we are scared to go after someone who isnt of the Highest Class.

Like someone said earlier. I would take an offense with Carr, Davis, Bush, Johnson, and Owens.

Yeah, we may lose him in 2 years. But hey, it will be one hell of a couple of years.
Old 03-14-2006   #12
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he will end up in dallas. This tim nobody will hit him when he stands in the middle of the star.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

No way do I want the TO cancer on our team. No way, no way, no way!!

We've got enough problems to worry about. TO would disrupt the team before it even gets a chance to gel.

Whoever gets him will need to be an established team that just needs one peice of the puzzle to get over the hump. My money would be on Denver.
Old 03-15-2006   #14
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:

If you can't get along with Donovan McNabb as your QB, who are you going to get along with. I'd say Denver is probably the most likely, but Dallas is definitely a possibility too, and with them cutting Keyshawn Johnson they could very well be clearing room for him and know more about his intentions than we do.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #15
Dunta_23
All Pro

Kansas City is rumoured to be the leader in the TO sweepstakes...I truly believe that somebody is going pay him ALOT more than the vet. minimum...he is going to get paid...I would love to see him here on a 2 year deal with a club option for more...but its not going to happen...wish it would...but it wont
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #16
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23
Kansas City is rumoured to be the leader in the TO sweepstakes...I truly believe that somebody is going pay him ALOT more than the vet. minimum...he is going to get paid...I would love to see him here on a 2 year deal with a club option for more...but its not going to happen...wish it would...but it wont
I've heard Denver, Kansas City and Dallas are all leading the race for him, so who knows at this point, just speculation from ESPN and all of them so no matter where he goes they can say they predicted it, just like Mel Kiper and the draft. Either way, like they were saying on SportsCenter last night I wouldn't expect to see him signed for a couple weeks as Rosenhaus waits and tries to drag more teams into being interested for him and driving up the asking price.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #17
4th&inches
Rookie

It seems like Dallas made a move by releasing Keyshawn but they also cut him due to the fact that he was about to get $1 mill. From what I heard though Dallas cut him thinking that they would see if they could get TO and if they couldn't get him then they would work out another contract with Keyshawn and save the $1 mill.

Also KC said they would give him a one year deal but I dont think he'll go for that and Denver is the other option but I'm not sure what they are willing to pay.

I hope he goes to Dallas and the first touchdown he scores he runs out to the star...lol

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read