Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-14-2006   #1
whiskeyrbl

Default What if we trade down to the Browns at #12

What if we trade down #1 to #12 and aquire C Jeff Faine,and a 4th rd pick,there will still be above average players at #12.
Old 03-14-2006   #2
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl
What if we trade down #1 to #12 and aquire C Jeff Faine,and a 4th rd pick,there will still be above average players at #12.

not no but hell no ... it'll take a lot more to get a team to move out of the top 10 ...
Old 03-14-2006   #3
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
not no but hell no ... it'll take a lot more to get a team to move out of the top 10 ...
I second that. It would take the Jets Abraham, the number 4 pick and atleast a 3rd rounder just for them to move up 3 spots. That is way too low.
Old 03-14-2006   #4
whiskeyrbl

It is just a starting point,Faine was the #21 pick overall 3 years ago,and seems to be asolid player .If this was a possible trade out what would be the asking price in y'alls opinion.
Old 03-14-2006   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It is just a starting point,Faine was the #21 pick overall 3 years ago,and seems to be asolid player .If this was a possible trade out what would be the asking price in y'alls opinion.
For me to move down to #12, It would take their #1 next year, their #2 this year, and their newly acquired Bently. They wont accept it, so we should just forget about it.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

If I cant trade down and still getone of the following ..... Bush , Williams , D-Brick , Hawk or Vernon Davis .... I aint trading .... got it ? ..... Good !

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

this trade would be laughed at....look at my avatar...they laughing already.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-15-2006   #8
exclude
Veteran

I know this thread is meant to be funny(i hope), but these posts irk the hell out of me because it makes me look, it feeds my curiosity, it makes me wonder "wtf, is this dude smokin, its gotta be good to propose somethin stupid like this." And because of this I gotta look.
Old 03-15-2006   #9
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Absolutely not worth the pick and not going to happen.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #10
baba ganoush
Veteran

There is NO way that the texans trade for Faine, hes not that great of a center and it would only worsen the problem.:brickwall
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #11
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

the nfl would kick us out for showing constant stupidity
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #12
Frills
Veteran

Mabye trade down that far for all Cleveland's first round picks for the next 5-10 years, then I might ponder it.
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #13
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frills
Mabye trade down that far for all Cleveland's first round picks for the next 5-10 years, then I might ponder it.
We can't trade past next years picks.

It would honestly take their first day picks this year, first and second next year AND a player to get me to move down THAT far. And thats without taking them to the cleaners IMO.
Old 03-16-2006   #14
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Damn fool here....there are seven locks and the three quartebacks. By my simple count that's ten. So you're going to slip out of the top ten for Faine and a fourth rounder ? My misery last season was worth a lot more than a good center and a fourth rounder. But that's just me.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #15
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
To add another comment, if we went 2-14 and have the hopefully-rare privilege of having the #1 pick in the draft, we better get more than an above average mid-1st rounder, a slightly-above-average C, and a 4th round pick.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by exclude
I know this thread is meant to be funny(i hope), but these posts irk the hell out of me because it makes me look, it feeds my curiosity, it makes me wonder "wtf, is this dude smokin, its gotta be good to propose somethin stupid like this." And because of this I gotta look.
Quote:
You know..... not everybody is as draft savy as us..... ok, you guys. Dude wants to know what it'll cost.

If the Raiders approached you, what would be the absolute least they should offer for you to consider the deal??
Old 03-17-2006   #17
whiskeyrbl

Man excuse me.It was a hypothetical to see what you thought it would take from the Browns to aquire Faine?Forget I asked,was just curious.:brickwall
Old 03-17-2006   #18
Spoda
Veteran

the problem with trading to 12 is that there are 5 "can't miss" guys and 1 holy spirit named vince...you can't trade past 6 unless you want jimmy williams
Old 03-17-2006   #19
stevo3883
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoda
the problem with trading to 12 is that there are 5 "can't miss" guys and 1 holy spirit named vince...you can't trade past 6 unless you want jimmy williams

my elites would be: Bush, Young, Leinart, D'Brick, Mario, Hawk, & Davis

after them there is a drop off in talent.
Old 03-17-2006   #20
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo3883
my elites would be: Bush, Young, Leinart, D'Brick, Mario, Hawk, & Davis

after them there is a drop off in talent.
I could agree with that. We have the #1 pick, and we need elite for it, be it an elite trade or an elite pick. Three "above average" just isn't going to make up the difference.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read