Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-14-2006   #1
TommyS
Veteran

Default Steve McKinney interview on ProFootballTalk

http://profootballtalk.com/SteveMcKinney.htm
TommyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #2
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Free agency, of course, isn't the only way that teams add players. Another relatively significant tool is the draft. This year, the Texans hold the first pick. So we asked McKinney what he'd do if he were G.M. Charley Casserly on April 29.

"I'd call in sick," he said.

He was joking. We think. "I mean having to make that decision in a year like this is going to be tough. The good thing is we have a good quarterback and running back, the problem is we have the first pick in the draft and the top prospects are a quarterback and a running back. I know that they will leave emotion out of the decision and pick the player they think will really help this organization win."
Damn, McKinney taking a shot at the GM.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy
I don't think was taking a shot as much as pointing out it is a difficult job.
Old 03-14-2006   #4
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
I don't think was taking a shot as much as pointing out it is a difficult job.
I agree, but if you take it out of context it makes for a great quote. I think CC has done a pretty good job on draft day, as a whole, but maybe he should be sick for the PARTS of the draft.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #5
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy
Go Stevie, Go Stevie. Psst! Call Sharper & asks what happens when you criticise.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #6
Doom Capers
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy
Go Stevie, Go Stevie. Psst! Call Sharper & asks what happens when you criticise.

You go to a playoff team? Sounds like a good deal to me Just kidding, he got cut from them too.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #7
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

C'mon guys - he was saying the job is so hard he wouldn't want to do it. That's a compliment.

On the other hand, out of context and mis-interpreted remarks do make for more posting, I guess. It helps obnubilate all those nasty facts.
Old 03-14-2006   #8
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
obnubilate

Come on now runner... your just trying to show off...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #9
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm
Come on now runner... your just trying to show off...
Yes I amů

If I had said "obscure" it wouldn't have sufficiently obnubilated my message.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read