Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-14-2006   #1
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC
Default no excuses for david carr if...

1. we have an offensive minded coaching staff (check)
2. we do add john runyan to the OL
3. we draft reggie bush
4. we sign jeb putzier

david carr will have more favorable playcalling, a better line with better blocking schemes, a running game that should be really good, a recieving TE as the safety valve. with the recievers he has, the better blocking, the versitility of reggie bush to be used as a RB or WR, a better recieving FB jameel cook, and the offensive mindfulness of the staff...if david carr is not producing good numbers after week 3, do the texans make a change?? what happens?
Old 03-14-2006   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC
1. we have an offensive minded coaching staff (check)
2. we do add john runyan to the OL
3. we draft reggie bush
4. we sign jeb putzier

david carr will have more favorable playcalling, a better line with better blocking schemes, a running game that should be really good, a recieving TE as the safety valve. with the recievers he has, the better blocking, the versitility of reggie bush to be used as a RB or WR, a better recieving FB jameel cook, and the offensive mindfulness of the staff...if david carr is not producing good numbers after week 3, do the texans make a change?? what happens?
Now, wait a minute. Don't forget that we still have to give him 4 more years to see if all this works for him or not.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #3
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

No we dont. Bottomline if Carr gets the system he will be successful and if he does not then he wont. Either way in a year or two Kubiak will make the call. I am more worried about the defense. Offense most of the time puts fans in the seats, but defenses win championships. I want hardware baby... All I want is Carr to perform like he did in the first half of the Arizona game against a majority of teams and then sit back and watch the Defense finish the game off.
Old 03-14-2006   #4
bkimble
Rookie

Default Dave Carr, no more excuses!

Dave Carr isn't a good QB, in fact he's one of the worst QB in the league. I don't understand you people. Get real. The two people who think Dave Carr is any good are, Charley C and Bob McNair. Why do we continue make excuses for this guy?

bkimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #5
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkimble
Why do we continue make excuses for this guy?
Because some of know he is better than VY, that's why..........
Old 03-14-2006   #6
bkimble
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan

That's crazy! Dave Carr is better than Vince Young? Unbelieveable! Carr is the worst QB in the NFL and VY is the best player in this year's draft period, did you see the Rose Bowl? In two years we'll still be making excuses for Carr and VY will be the leading the Titains to the playoff. And as for as the wonderf___ test, what does a written test has to do with playing football; if you gave that same test to Charley C, he'd likely do well, however, if you asks him to evaluate a football player, lets just see:

1. Dave Carr (the worst qb in the league)
2. Jason Babin (the worst first round pick in football)
3. Phillip Bucannon (worst, period)
Should I go on? Nay, you get the picture.
:brickwall
bkimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #7
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan
That's what I love about this board. You go here, and there will always be some guppy that swallows the hook.

Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-14-2006   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
All I want is Carr to perform like he did in the first half of the Arizona game against a majority of teams and then sit back and watch the Defense finish the game off.
So you are asking him to do something more than once and expect him to do so even though he failed doing it a second time in 100 halves of work?

Just because a handy man has an awesome set of tools does not mean he has the most skill.
Old 03-14-2006   #9
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Come on people Jon Runyan is old overpayed and doesnt fit in our zone blocking scheme at all.

Yes Carr should improve this year but if you expect him to take us to the playoffs next year or even close to it you are sadly mistaken. Yes he has a offensive minded coach and possibly alot more talent around him but its still their first season together. Not a single player on our team knows what our playbook looks like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #10
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

bkimble, you're about 2 months too late. The other VY trolls have come and left already.

As for the original post - agree, the excuses stop after this year - assuiming what you noted above happens (or a close similarity - to have better play calling - coach or Carr, better line protection, and a few more recieving weapons). Just like the 2002 season, now is not the best time to bring in a new QB when the Texans have to make sure a majority of the surround pieces are in place first.

If he's not producing after week 3.... there will be questions raised (especially on the MB) but I think they'll stick with Carr longer - but there may be some behind the scenes discussion and possible avenues explored. Of course, depends on what the "production expectation" is. Are those numbers strictly Carr or the entire offense and how they're working together? I think a majority were happy with the steady improvement overall till "that year" happened... if they can get back on that track to where there is that steady improvement again, most will probably be appeased.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326354 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

all I want him to do is stop screwing up.
Old 03-14-2006   #12
CanadianTexansFan
Rookie

Thumbs up Give Carr a little more time

As a Texans fan all the way up north in Canada, I rarely get to see my beloved Texans play. I have seen them in Buffalo this past season, and in that game, Carr was the only one playing with any emotion out there !!!
I may not see him enough to get a really good feel for him, but I like him as a QB, and think he has some real skills, that Coach Kubiak can really bring out.
He just needs a better O line, and play calling, and a runner like Bush to support him. Vince Young would not be a good fit in my opinion. Too many times over-hyped good College QB's fail in the NFL.
So stick with Carr, and make this fan in Canada happy !!!
CanadianTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #13
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

If he has time (3.5-4 sec. in the pocket a consistant 85-90% of the time) and isn't getting crushed in 1.5 seconds, then I expect him to produce. It doesn't matter how good the play call is if ya don't have time to make it work.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #14
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianTexansFan
As a Texans fan all the way up north in Canada, I rarely get to see my beloved Texans play. I have seen them in Buffalo this past season, and in that game, Carr was the only one playing with any emotion out there !!!
I may not see him enough to get a really good feel for him, but I like him as a QB, and think he has some real skills, that Coach Kubiak can really bring out.
He just needs a better O line, and play calling, and a runner like Bush to support him. Vince Young would not be a good fit in my opinion. Too many times over-hyped good College QB's fail in the NFL.
So stick with Carr, and make this fan in Canada happy !!!
You were at the Bills game, do you remember the emotional play that is featured in my avatar? It still brings me to tears.
Old 03-14-2006   #15
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dave Carr isn't a good QB, in fact he's one of the worst QB in the league. I don't understand you people. Get real. The two people who think Dave Carr is any good are, Charley C and Bob McNair. Why do we continue make excuses for this guy?

You're joking right?

David Carr, when given the chance to run our team (only happened for a half), set a scoring record.

He is far better than Kyle Boller, Alex Smith, Joey Harrington, Kurt Warrener or Josh Mckowen, any of the dolphins QB's, whoever Oakland has, who ever the Saints have, whoever the Vikings have, whoever the Cowgirls have, whoever the Bills have....just to name a few off the top of my head.

So outside of your narrow mind, most scouts and professional people alike believe he will be sucessful if given the proper chance.

I've got a test for you, if you feel like anyone can do this. I want you to go stand on 1-10 with a football, when a car is with in 2 yards of you, I want you to take a three step drop. If you last 1.5 seconds, you can consider yourself lucky and you might be able to roll out into the next lane of traffic.
Old 03-14-2006   #16
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
He is far better than Kyle Boller, Alex Smith, Joey Harrington, Kurt Warrener or Josh Mckowen, any of the dolphins QB's, whoever Oakland has, who ever the Saints have, whoever the Vikings have, whoever the Cowgirls have, whoever the Bills have....just to name a few off the top of my head.
Hold on a second professor. Is this your insight based on perfomance, forecast or hopecast? Far better? Check yourself before you wreck yourself. This is a bad arguement if you do not qualify, define and provide teeth.
Old 03-14-2006   #17
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:

Me three. At least your otherwise lame argument was brief.
Old 03-14-2006   #18
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Regardless of if he is good or a deer in headlights we will be seeing David Carr on the feild. We will be seeing Vince Young 2 time a year here and in tennessee. It will really get my goat if VY gets the ring for Bud But Knowing that VY is a Houstonian he just might tank the first 4 years and come to us when David has worn out his welcome. But untill then David Carr is the captian of this team and untill he is dethroned he will have my support. We are not getting Vince from what I hear from the people who know. So get ready for some Reggie ball and hang on. It will be a ride worth riding.

Go Texans
Old 03-14-2006   #19
Frills
Veteran

Quote:
That's crazy! Dave Carr is better than Vince Young? Unbelieveable! Carr is the worst QB in the NFL and VY is the best player in this year's draft period, did you see the Rose Bowl?

I heard about him at the combine...6 oops an astounding 16...I saw him at the White House...someone forgot muh suit...

The way he prepares and has great people around him is superb.

In college he could get away with talent alone, college isn't the NFL.
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #20
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Hold on a second professor. Is this your insight based on perfomance, forecast or hopecast? Far better? Check yourself before you wreck yourself. This is a bad arguement if you do not qualify, define and provide teeth.
I was basing my opinion on a few things: Watching the other teams QB's play, not just their team. Other team's fan base input that I've read. Professional's opinions and articles. But yes, I did throw in some of my own opinion. This is pre-FA. I dare yall to find a QB on any team I listed, pre-FA, who is better than Carr.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read