Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-14-2006   #1
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11091 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chris Hope?

Has anyone seen or heard what is the deal with Chris Hope? I know some Texans fans had him on a wish list, but I haven't heard his name mentioned as a possibility here or anywhere. Anyone?
Old 03-14-2006   #2
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

the kid has talent, but he is asking for way more than he is worth. I was trumpeting this kid before he said he wanted to be paid like a top 5 safety in the league. DOnt need him, dont want him. Plus Anthony Weaver will make everything right.
Old 03-14-2006   #3
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

He visited with the Titans yesterday.
Old 03-14-2006   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144827 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Pittsburgh said they would like to keep the guy but cant afford his price , He said he wanted top 5 safety money , not sure he's worth that .... lets hope the Texans stay out of this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
DOnt need him, dont want him. Plus Anthony Weaver will make everything right.

I like the Weaver signing myself ..... But by no means do I think his signing alone will make everything right ..... He's a better run stopper than pass rusher .... though stopping the running game is the first step in having a good pass rush . 3rd and long ....
They do need a FS as both Earl and Brown are best suited to the SS position .... They need another corner in a bad way (P-Burnt as the #2?) .... and Wong likely wont be ready to go come opening day at MLB. Who's going to play OLB across from Greenwood with both Babin and Peek moving to DE ?

There are a lot of questionmarks still .....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #5
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11091 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hadn't heard he was looking at that kind of money. I agree that they should stay out of that race. There are some good FS prospects in the draft still. With an improved line and if either PBuc or a new CB can improve the defense around them Glenn and Earl did an adequate job together at the end of the last season. I think it's an area that can be improved, but not at that cost. Thanks.
Old 03-14-2006   #6
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

What is his asking price? I heard he was in town today. I hope something comes from the meeting. We didn't land givens so 18.5 million contract is now open. I don't think he would get anywhere near that amount, but who knows.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #7
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_boy_yec
What is his asking price? I heard he was in town today. I hope something comes from the meeting. We didn't land givens so 18.5 million contract is now open. I don't think he would get anywhere near that amount, but who knows.
Let's hope not

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read