Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-13-2006   #1
Snapple
Veteran

Default What about Kevin Curtis as our WR?

I don't know if people paid attention to the Rams last year, but for much of the season, Torry Holt was injured. During that time, this guy named Kevin Curtis really stepped it up and did some big-time play-making in Holt's absence.

He's a restricted free agent right now, and as of yet, is unsigned.

Now, I'm a pro-Givens guy. I'd really, really like to get a deal done with Givens, but if that doesn't happen, we still have to get a #2 receiver. I don't care what people say about Kevin Walter. He hasn't done anything yet to show he's ready for that much responsibility. He'll be a good #3 or #4, but not a #2.

I would've considered Antonio Bryant, but he's gone, too. So looking at the FA receivers left, I think Curtis may be the best one after Givens.

So if we don't get the Givens deal done, does anyone have any opinions about possibly bringing in Kevin Curtis?
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006   #2
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I'd love to see Curtis here. He is blazing fast and is good at burning defenders. I also don't think he'd ask for a Givens sized contract.
Old 03-13-2006   #3
Snapple
Veteran

I think it'd be a good compromise between the people who want to see a proven talent and the people who don't want to spend a lot of money, who have been butting heads since free agency began.
Old 03-13-2006   #4
Peldon
All Pro

Rep Power: 34 Peldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't want to give up the 1st round pick compensation for him.
Peldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006   #5
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Kevin Curtis is a Restricted Free Agent and would require a 1st round pick in order to obtain him.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/nfc-restricted
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006   #6
Snapple
Veteran

First round? Wow. Um. Second round pick, I could see, but first round is a bit ridiculous. Damn.

He's still a good player, though.
Old 03-13-2006   #7
bATXle red
Rookie

not so sure about kevin curtis.
curtis had one catch this year vs. the texans.
Granted it was in overtime for a 56 yd. touchdown.
Old 03-13-2006   #8
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bATXle red
not so sure about kevin curtis.
curtis had one catch this year vs. the texans.
Granted it was in overtime for a 56 yd. touchdown.
The only reason it was a 56 yard TD was because we missed a tackle at the line. It was a screen pass
Old 03-13-2006   #9
Snapple
Veteran

Like I said, he got most of his playing time when Holt was out. Holt was playing in the Texans-Rams game, so Curtis didn't get a lot of looks. He has had games where he had a lot of catches though.
Old 03-13-2006   #10
Mister Two
noob

i wouldn't mind having Kevin *best white player who doesn't play quarterback* Curtis.
Mister Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006   #11
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

I like Curtis, but a first round pick
Old 03-13-2006   #12
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

I honestly think that the team will solidify a role WR, which Givens is way too pricey to fit into.

Given the talent of Bush, Johnson, Davis, speed of Mathis (Who knows if he can catch?) and the apparent signing of Putzier... it seems to line up that those are the weapons this year.

Walter obviously is a complementary player. This is phase 1 of the rebuild... solid tools, let Bush and Mathis mature for year 2 where an expected turnaround and hopefully, a better environment to lure in an impact free agent.

All along, you have to be thinking, why would anyone want to sign in houston after last year? There is too much criticism in the Texans community about mgmt's inactivity in FA when we don't know who they have contacted and who has said, "Yeah, you were 2-14, pay me $XX for X years and that will dull the pain."
kcwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #13
Big78
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Big78

i got kevin curtis on my fantasy football team in week three this year, and he SAVED MY YEAR!!! he was my savior and took me to the championship. then larry johnson took over and won me the league championship. Yay Kievin Curstis!.... wait. did u say a First round pick. oh... well fudge that poo. never mind.

-Homer Stokes
Big78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #14
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big78
i got kevin curtis on my fantasy football team in week three this year, and he SAVED MY YEAR!!! he was my savior and took me to the championship. then larry johnson took over and won me the league championship. Yay Kievin Curstis!.... wait. did u say a First round pick. oh... well fudge that poo. never mind.
Exactly what I thought when I found out a first round pick.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read