Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-12-2006   #1
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881
Default Anderson a Raven

Ravens | Team reaches deal with M. Anderson
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 19:46:46 -0800

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports the Baltimore Ravens have agreed to a four-year contract with free agent RB Mike Anderson (Broncos). The total worth of the deal is believed to be $8 million with a $2 million signing bonus. Anderson expects to take over for RB Jamal Lewis as the team's starting running back.

This is a good pick-up for them
Old 03-12-2006   #2
Mightymike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
Ravens | Team reaches deal with M. Anderson
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 19:46:46 -0800

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports the Baltimore Ravens have agreed to a four-year contract with free agent RB Mike Anderson (Broncos). The total worth of the deal is believed to be $8 million with a $2 million signing bonus. Anderson expects to take over for RB Jamal Lewis as the team's starting running back.

This is a good pick-up for them

i guess they won't take lendale white now.
Mightymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006   #3
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Ravens will draft Ngata or Bunkley in the first round to anchor the interior of their defensive line and Addai in the second round to give the Ravens a good 1-2 punch in the backfield. They also resigned Bart Scott. Add to that yesterday's signing of Trevor Pryce and the Ravens defense is looking pretty scary once again. Now if they could just find a decent QB I think they could become a real darkhorse in the AFC.

Last edited by STEEL BLUE TEXANS; 03-12-2006 at 10:21 PM.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006   #4
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
I think the Ravens will draft Ngata or Bunkley in the first round to anchor the interior of their defensive line and Addai in the second round to give the Ravens a good 1-2 punch in the backfield. They also resigned Bart Scott. Add to that yesterday's signing of Trevor Pryce and the Ravens defense is looking pretty scary once again. Now if they could just find a decent QB I think they could become a real darkhorse in the AFC.
The Ravens were my darkhorse pick in the AFC last year, and things didn't work out so well for them offensively and they had some key injuries on defense. Their defense is definitely aging, and I think they're trying to build it for more immediate success rather than building it to excel a couple years down the road, so we'll have to see if Boller can get the offense up to par and get them into the playoffs again. I think the Ravens have said they really like Winston Justice and it looks like they are targeting him in the 1st round, Addai could be an option in the 2nd round as their speed guy.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006   #5
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea I definitely think they are loading up for another Superbowl run rather than rebuilding. I think they will go for a stud DT, something they haven't had since Goose and Adams, in the first round. The Ravens have 2 young guys in Tony Pashos and Adam Terry (2nd round pick last year) to compete for the vacant starting RT job.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read