Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-12-2006   #1
Dime
Hall of Fame

Default and so it begins... again...

When our new coach was signed with the addition signing of Mike Sherman, I was a Texan who was happy.. I was looking at what we could pick up in free agency and looking at a first pick on the draft (still hoping for a trade down, btw). Woot... we are going to have a decent team this year... Bounce..

Ummm seeing the signing today, Sage, a backup QB to a high price for him, and Mr. Weaver, to a horrible high signing bonus. Less we forget a 3rd string FB Jemeel Cook :brickwall , and this makes we start to wonder if I have bought enough bourbon for next year to kill the pain.

Keeping the faith as much as I can.. but someone please help me understand of what we are thinking.. Oh... I really like the idea of us signing.. oh , I dont know,... maybe a OLINE!!!! Come on coaches... fill NEEDED POSITIONS PLEASE..
Old 03-12-2006   #2
Snapple
Veteran

Just a small correction, but Cook is a second string FB I believe, not a 3rd.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006   #3
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapple
Just a small correction, but Cook is a second string FB I believe, not a 3rd.
jameel cook has also been a really solid player...i watch almost every tampa bay game, i think he has been the best addition of the entire game

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006   #4
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
jameel cook has also been a really solid player...i watch almost every tampa bay game, i think he has been the best addition of the entire game

Ya Right
DominickDavisFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006   #5
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Rosenthal will be a backup QB, which is a need and Weaver will be a starting strongside defensive end.. which is also a need. This has been said over and over again but usually loosing teams have a tough time bringing in the big time free agents. Weaver is a very productive DE and has a lot of potential to grow. Hopefully our new coaching staff will help Weaver exceed his expectations.
Old 03-12-2006   #6
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominickDavisFan76
Ya Right

have you ever watched the man play? Do you know anything about him? then how would you know?

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006   #7
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turp007
Yea Jason Babin had a lot of potential and what has he done?
In his rookie season he showed that while learning a new position and adjusting to the speed of the NFL he could still bring down some of the best runningbacks in the open field. Last year he struggled out of the gate, due to a shoulder injury but at the end of the year he was putting very good pressure on the QB, especially when he rushed out of a 3 point stance. Plus this will only be his 3rd season, and the first where he will be playing the possition he's played his entire life so lets see what he can do in the 4-3.
Old 03-12-2006   #8
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Yea Jason Babin had a lot of potential and what has he done?
Ooooh, you said the "J.B." word!

Remember that it is only day 2 of free agency and there are still lineman out there. I would much rather see them take care of the OL, but I am not going to jump up and down on the panic button, *yet*.
kcwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006   #9
bkimble
Rookie

Default Our problem is still the same!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime
When our new coach was signed with the addition signing of Mike Sherman, I was a Texan who was happy.. I was looking at what we could pick up in free agency and looking at a first pick on the draft (still hoping for a trade down, btw). Woot... we are going to have a decent team this year... Bounce..

Ummm seeing the signing today, Sage, a backup QB to a high price for him, and Mr. Weaver, to a horrible high signing bonus. Less we forget a 3rd string FB Jemeel Cook :brickwall , and this makes we start to wonder if I have bought enough bourbon for next year to kill the pain.

Keeping the faith as much as I can.. but someone please help me understand of what we are thinking.. Oh... I really like the idea of us signing.. oh , I dont know,... maybe a OLINE!!!! Come on coaches... fill NEEDED POSITIONS PLEASE..
Our problem is still the same. Charley Casserly! Let me count the ways.
First, he give Dave Carr a 8Mil dollar signing bonus, for what? What has Carr done in the last 4 years. I'll tell you, nothing. In fact, he has been the worst QB in the league. That make sense only to CC to reward a guy with a huge bonus who has done nothing for 4 years. Next, he give Weaver a hugh siging bonus. And than he signs Sage. Who in the hell is Sage? Casserly is the same guy who gave us:

1. Dave Carr (the worst QB in the NFL)
2. Jason freaking Babin
3. Phillip Bucannon
4. No tight ends
5. No center, no right tackle, no middle linebacker, no second reciever.

Casserly is worst than MM, the Detriot Lion's genereral manager. How bad does it have to get before Bob McNair wake up?
bkimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006   #10
Wild.Bill
Rookie

You are so wrong and definately have proven to be a complete non-football fan. David Carr is not the problem with this team. It has completely been the system they have been running. You will see, mark my words, a huge improvement in David Carr in running the offense. Weaver will help us tremendously in run defense, which is sorely needed.

I'm so sick of these David Carr bashers. It makes me wonder if people even watch the games and have a lick of football since.
Wild.Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006   #11
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

to br honest fullback position is a position that is rapidly dying out, not used as much as they used to be.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I still would love to see one guy signed in FA, that we (on the MB) could be happy about.... all of us. Yeah, it's hard to imagine. But Jonathan Arbraham...... I think we'd all be happy, Bentley, Mawae..... Hutch.... I don't think we should sign a whole team like Arizona did...... but you can imagine how excited they are.

Heck I can't wait to see the newlook Cards take the field.
Old 03-12-2006   #13
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild.Bill
I'm so sick of these David Carr bashers. It makes me wonder if people even watch the games and have a lick of football since.
I agree. Granted it was the St. Louis Swiss Cheese defense, but calling his own plays yielded markedly different results that the 'system' couldn't come close to duplicating in the 2nd half this year.

Let's try to remember that this won't be a 1 year turnaround... this is phase 1 of upgrades... anyone that thinks otherwise didn't watch last season's team as a whole.
kcwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006   #14
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Quote:
I have learned to enjoy such moments as these. It lets me know that last year when we passed up on D.T.(TEXAS) in the draft is not a fluke! Our GM really does not know anything about talent! I hope the Texans pass on Bush, and Vince Young! At least then those two guys can go play for a team that will find supporting talent to enhance their skills!

Who? Quit posting and save face now...
Old 03-12-2006   #15
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm getting convinced that if the Broncos waived Champ Bailey and he came here people would complain about that as well. Weaver started for one of the better defenses in the league and is well thought of by coaches and scouts alike. This team needs a strongside DE and now they have one. There aren't a lot of options available in free agency and I doubt the team wants to pin their entire line hopes on a rookie DE. You can still add someone like Mario Williams, but they needed a veteran DE.
Old 03-12-2006   #16
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

I know Jameel Cook probably isnt that amazing, because he is a 2nd string FB, you said that he makes differences in games???

I doubt it, because how can a 2nd string FB do better then the 1st string FB

If he did then the bucs would be releasing Mike Alstott instead of Jameel Cook, sooo hmmmm... I guess the bucs think the same way I do when I say this guy wont make much of difference on our Offense you retarded
DominickDavisFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006   #17
Wild.Bill
Rookie

Like Casserly said, and I agree with.... This team will fill it's needs through free agency. The draft is such a crap shoot, that you cannot plan to fill a teams needs through the draft. Unfortunatley, fans seem to think you can.
Wild.Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwilson
I agree. Granted it was the St. Louis Swiss Cheese defense, but calling his own plays yielded markedly different results that the 'system' couldn't come close to duplicating in the 2nd half this year.

Let's try to remember that this won't be a 1 year turnaround... this is phase 1 of upgrades... anyone that thinks otherwise didn't watch last season's team as a whole.

David Carr calls his own plays, the line can block, and give him time. Capers calls the offensive plays, the line can't block, David has no time. How can you explain this??

Look, I'm not blaming David Carr for our season(2-14)...... But you can't tell me he played well.

Remember a few years back, when Tampa's first two QBs, went down, and they had to stick ShaunKing into the starting line-up?? Remeber that word that became the catch phrase of the year?? Poise?? He had it.

Do you think Carr has much poise??
Old 03-12-2006   #19
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

That is because Shaun King went to Tulane.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006   #20
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominickDavisFan76
I know Jameel Cook probably isnt that amazing, because he is a 2nd string FB, you said that he makes differences in games???

I doubt it, because how can a 2nd string FB do better then the 1st string FB

If he did then the bucs would be releasing Mike Alstott instead of Jameel Cook, sooo hmmmm... I guess the bucs think the same way I do when I say this guy wont make much of difference on our Offense you retarded
Why would the Colts release Edge, why did the Vikings let Moss and Culpepper go? Why would the Bucs release a FA instead of someone on their payroll? Why do you ask such questions?
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read