Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-10-2006   #1
Dunta_23
All Pro

Default Will have signed any FA by this time tomorrow?

Just curious as to what everyone thinks?

And if so, who ?
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006   #2
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

to be honest with u i dont think so, i mean we will sign some FA but i dont think it will be any BIG NAME ones and especially this early. BUT we should get a few before all the good ones are gone.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006   #3
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23
Just curious as to what everyone thinks?

And if so, who ?
I wouldn't mind Adan Vintateri
Old 03-10-2006   #4
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
I wouldn't mind Adan Vintateri

and whats wrong with kris brown ?
Old 03-10-2006   #5
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

At least management has had a little extra time to decide who interest should be in among those available.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006   #6
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
R U serious? In comparison with Adam v Kris, I'd go Adam every time.
Old 03-10-2006   #7
bdiddy
Veteran

My question is where is John McClain? The dude has one little article about free agency that anyone of us could have written and nothing else. Come on, there needs to be some reporting on free agency.

Pure Speculation

From what I have been hearing the Texans are in very serious talks (although not official b/c this would violate team rules) with several agents (sorry to note but no big names). What's up with the local media?
Old 03-10-2006   #8
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdiddy
From what I have been hearing the Texans are in very serious talks (although not official b/c this would violate team rules) with several agents (sorry to note but no big names). What's up with the local media?
Texans are scheduled to meet with Brad Hopkins.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006   #9
Scottyboy
Veteran

Default One Key Free Agent

Lacharles would be so great to Replace McKinney @ center, Draft D' Brickshaw, and pick up Arringtion at MLB, wong on the outside and Peek on the other! We need @ least one Big name Key Free Agent!

I hope we dont roll the dice on Bennie J. This year, we need a TE!!!
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006   #10
Mailman04
Veteran

Why are the Texans saying they aren't going to be very active in the FA market? It seems to me this would be the perfect way to improve the offensive line. What am I missing here?
Mailman04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I suspect that Putzier will be a signing and it probably won't take long. After that, I have no clue.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006   #12
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 19458 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think someone mentioned this before last season. Should we try to get Berrian? Isn't he Carr's target from Fresno state? Is he any good? Think he might be avaialble after da Bears' acquire the El?
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006   #13
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyboy
Lacharles would be so great to Replace McKinney @ center, Draft D' Brickshaw, and pick up Arringtion at MLB, wong on the outside and Peek on the other! We need @ least one Big name Key Free Agent!

I hope we dont roll the dice on Bennie J. This year, we need a TE!!!
Replace the guy we just signed to an extension? Dont see that happening for a few more years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006   #14
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
Replace the guy we just signed to an extension? Dont see that happening for a few more years.
McKinney will play LG for us this year, and we will probably start Hodgdon at OC unless we get someone better... like Bentley.
Old 03-10-2006   #15
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffSoldier
McKinney will play LG for us this year, and we will probably start Hodgdon at OC unless we get someone better... like Bentley.

i liked Hofgdon at center last year, he seems like a pretty solid blocker on the run and the pass, could be my imagination but it seemed to me carr had more time to throw the ball when he was in the game.
Old 03-10-2006   #16
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I too want to see some action in FA. I think Putzier will come at TE. Bruce and Walker at WR aren't going to happen. Maybe we will pick up Moulds or Givens. Arrington would be great or an established OL (even though the draft is deep with OL), I would like to get at least 1 maybe 2 high quality FA's before the draft.
Old 03-10-2006   #17
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
R U serious? In comparison with Adam v Kris, I'd go Adam every time.

i admit A.V is good, kris brown had a down seson last year, yes i admit that, but why pay so much more money when we have a solid kicker in kris brown, its not like our kicking game is a weakness.
Old 03-10-2006   #18
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan
I too want to see some action in FA. I think Putzier will come at TE. Bruce and Walker at WR aren't going to happen. Maybe we will pick up Moulds or Givens. Arrington would be great or an established OL (even though the draft is deep with OL), I would like to get at least 1 maybe 2 high quality FA's before the draft.
Nailed it, except the Arrington part. Putzier is the obvious target in FA in short term. Although we could get a quality TE in the draft at #33, I don't see us using #33 on a TE... maybe young LB (D'Qwell?).

Quote:
i admit A.V is good, kris brown had a down seson last year, yes i admit that, but why pay so much more money when we have a solid kicker in kris brown, its not like our kicking game is a weakness.
A.V. is obviously better than Brown... but at what price are you willing to upgrade the K position? I would rather focus those dollars on more pressing needs.
kcwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006   #19
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwilson
Nailed it, except the Arrington part. Putzier is the obvious target in FA in short term. Although we could get a quality TE in the draft at #33, I don't see us using #33 on a TE... maybe young LB (D'Qwell?).

A.V. is obviously better than Brown... but at what price are you willing to upgrade the K position? I would rather focus those dollars on more pressing needs.

yeah i agree, thats what i was saying to someone who said go after adam. i mean come on i think we have holes in this team so lets not worry about a crack just yet <<< hmm thats pretty good
Old 03-10-2006   #20
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
get Freakin Morten Andersen, he's free, available and WILLING!!!!.

Oh... and he's a dane too

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read