Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Javon Walker to the Packers, "I have no interest in being a Packer"

This would be the perfect addition for us. Trade 1 to GB for Walker and their #5. He reunites with Sherman, and we have the most potent WR duo in the league!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2361969
Old 03-10-2006   #2
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
This would be the perfect addition for us. Trade 1 to GB for Walker and their #5. He reunites with Sherman, and we have the most potent WR duo in the league!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2361969

now i like that idea, best one i've heard of.
Old 03-10-2006   #3
WILLIEG
Veteran

I agree 110%
Old 03-10-2006   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

PS: He's from Galveston, TX
Old 03-10-2006   #5
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Good for him. Maybe more players should do this.
Old 03-10-2006   #6
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

What was his relationship w/Sherman?
That could determine if he'll come or not.
Old 03-10-2006   #7
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

GB needs a QB too this season, they could REALLY use the first pick
Old 03-10-2006   #8
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
What was his relationship w/Sherman?
That could determine if he'll come or not.
It looks like they didn't have a super relationship last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by July 2005
Sherman isn't about to let Walker's absence bog him down, and he insisted his team wouldn't, either.

"Distractions really have not been a problem for us," Sherman said. "... and I think it's a credit to the strength of our core leaders on this team. I just can't say enough about that core group of guys that I really, really trust."

That nucleus, Sherman said, includes quarterback Brett Favre, fullback William Henderson, running back Ahman Green, cornerback Al Harris and linebacker Na'il Diggs, among others.

Walker used to be in that circle of trust. Sherman drafted him in the first round in 2002, his first year out of Ron Wolf's shadow, and stuck with him through 1½ seasons of uneven play to help nurture him into one of the NFL's best deep threats.

But Sherman declined to say if Walker's actions stung him personally, repeating his intention of dwelling only on those players who will be reporting on time.

"The guys that are here are my focus, not the guys that aren't," Sherman said. "And that's the biggest difference between last year and this."
Old 03-10-2006   #9
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy
GB needs a QB too this season, they could REALLY use the first pick
probably not. they drafted aaron rodgers with the 24th pick last year.
Old 03-10-2006   #10
gtexan02
Working?

They may not need a QB, but I don't think they'd mind picking up Reggie Bush. Green has been very injury prone and unreliable recently, and the one year contract given to him is not a vote of confidence by any means.
Old 03-10-2006   #11
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

I could be very happy with that if we got the right player at the 5th.....Wonder if this is being talked about with the coaches?!
Old 03-10-2006   #12
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
They may not need a QB, but I don't think they'd mind picking up Reggie Bush. Green has been very injury prone and unreliable recently, and the one year contract given to him is not a vote of confidence by any means.
Yeah but they strike me as being interested in Edgerrin or some other proven guy who can help in blitz pick-up (If Favre stays)
Old 03-10-2006   #13
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Walker, but in my opinion we do not have a QB who can keep that type of personality in check. We have one of the quietest WR's in AJ and one of the quietest QB's in DC. Adding anything flammable to that sensitive mix will not be good. Its kind of like adding Richard Pryor to a Laurel and Hardy routine.
Old 03-10-2006   #14
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
I like Walker, but in my opinion we do not have a QB who can keep that type of personality in check. We have one of the quietest WR's in AJ and one of the quietest QB's in DC. Adding anything flammable to that sensitive mix will not be good. Its kind of like adding Richard Pryor to a Laurel and Hardy routine.
AJ Played at the U and trains with some of his old school teammates, so Im sure he's heard/seen worse than anything "TO Walker" can dish out. On the same note, though, i see where DC could have trouble bringing in a Walker personality. Maybe if we gave him more $$ or made sure Sherman kept him in check it would work. Im thinking DCs aggreeableness would be exactl what attracts Walker to somewhere like here. He's played with the icon, and didn't like it. Thats on reason why he's leaving

ON a different note, the people on the GB messageboard seem to think that his ACL injury coupled with his personality issues will result in his value being lowered dramatically (see D. Culpepper, Randy Moss, T. O., etc) They said that they imagine GB will be looking to land a 2nd round pick or something equivelent, therefore the offer of #1 for #5+J.W. would actually be a huge improvement for them. If they could offer us #5 + Walker + maybe a 3rd this year, I think its a great trade for us. I don't know why GB would go for the #1 spot, but if they did and took Bush, then Williams would probably fall to us at #5, and everyone would get what they wanted. Everyone over there on their board is pretty high on Williams, however, so I could potentially see them trading up in order to secure Williams, which might land us Bush at #5, and if not, maybe D'Brick

Last edited by gtexan02; 03-10-2006 at 06:24 AM.
Old 03-10-2006   #15
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
AJ Played at the U and trains with some of his old school teammates, so Im sure he's heard/seen worse than anything "TO Walker" can dish out. On the same note, though, i see where DC could have trouble bringing in a Walker personality. Maybe if we gave him more $$ or made sure Sherman kept him in check it would work. Im thinking DCs aggreeableness would be exactl what attracts Walker to somewhere like here. He's played with the icon, and didn't like it. Thats on reason why he's leaving

ON a different note, the people on the GB messageboard seem to think that his ACL injury coupled with his personality issues will result in his value being lowered dramatically (see D. Culpepper, Randy Moss, T. O., etc) They said that they imagine GB will be looking to land a 2nd round pick or something equivelent, therefore the offer of #1 for #5+J.W. would actually be a huge improvement for them. If they could offer us #5 + Walker + maybe a 3rd this year, I think its a great trade for us. I don't know why GB would go for the #1 spot, but if they did and took Bush, then Williams would probably fall to us at #5, and everyone would get what they wanted. Everyone over there on their board is pretty high on Williams, however, so I could potentially see them trading up in order to secure Williams, which might land us Bush at #5, and if not, maybe D'Brick
All good stuff, but fragile is as fragile does. Spin it all you like, but I do not see AJ and DC handling someone who speaks their mind all that well. Just who do you think JW would go after in the event he does not meet his or the team's expectations? And once he does that how will it effect those two and the rest of the team.
Old 03-10-2006   #16
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Since when do we need a banged-up WR with a big mouth ? If he was a TE,
DE, OL. etc. it would make more sense. And its looking more and more like
the #5 pick would too late to pick either of our primary targets for
trading down - Ferguson and Williams very likely both now top 4 picks.
Old 03-10-2006   #17
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

He isnt worth trading the number 1 pick for.
Old 03-10-2006   #18
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan
He isnt worth trading the number 1 pick for.
Unless they sweeten the deal with something else.

Out of the box idea - probably not a good one - include Favre for a year for mentoring? I know he isn't a big fan of helping out his replacement though.

I don't know much about Walker and his mouth, but I remember when the Spurs had the quiet duo of Duncan and Robinson - the addition of Mario Ellie and his attitude from Houston put them over the top to earn their first championship.

I would hate to lose out on the chance to draft Mario Williams though. I guess in the end I'm against the idea.
Old 03-10-2006   #19
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know any of the specifics as far as his attitude goes, but listening to Mike and Mike this morning which I was halfway listening to, that Brett Favre I think it was posted on an internet message board the hotel Javon Walker was staying at at one time so the fans could go tell him what they thought about the way he was handling his contract situation. Also Favre should have kept his mouth shut when Walker was going through his contract situation, he had no business speaking out about another player's money.
Old 03-10-2006   #20
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
I don't know any of the specifics as far as his attitude goes, but listening to Mike and Mike this morning which I was halfway listening to, that Brett Favre I think it was posted on an internet message board the hotel Javon Walker was staying at at one time so the fans could go tell him what they thought about the way he was handling his contract situation. Also Favre should have kept his mouth shut when Walker was going through his contract situation, he had no business speaking out about another player's money.
I stand corrected on my obviously bad idea.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read