Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-09-2006   #1
phan1
All Pro

Default I hope our offense isn't going to look like a bad Denver knock off...

Well, a lot has been made of Kubiak and his new offensive scheme. I really hope it isn't a bad interpretation of the Denver offense, since he's been there for so long. Because our personnel looks absolutely NOTHING like Denver's.

We have a big Oline (even though their size just makes them totally unable to pass block), and speedy skill players. And if we draft Reggie, we could easily have the fastest offense in the league if Mathis learns how to be a WR. And if we pick up Isaac Bruce (we've shown some interest), our offense should looke blazing.

And when I think of Denver, I definitely don't think of quick, explosive skill players. I just really hope Kubiak can implement a system that will really play to the strengths of our offense, cause that looked like something we really weren't able to do last season. We couldn't even get the ball to AJ last season for gawd's sake!
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006   #2
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak isnt going to try to force our players to be something they arent.

Expect a similar offense though.. with the emphasis on rollouts and TEs and running the ball. We will just implement it in a way that best suits the players we have.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by phan1
Well, a lot has been made of Kubiak and his new offensive scheme. I really hope it isn't a bad interpretation of the Denver offense, since he's been there for so long. Because our personnel looks absolutely NOTHING like Denver's.
for gawd's sake!

I thought we already had a bad interpretation of the Denver Offense.

If we pick up Isaac Bruce, forget about Bush..... we're trading down.
Old 03-10-2006   #4
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

well to be honest i wouldnt mind having a offense u could compare to denvers, i mean they always seem to have a pretty good O. and an awesome running game
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006   #5
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
I thought we already had a bad interpretation of the Denver Offense.

If we pick up Isaac Bruce, forget about Bush..... we're trading down.
Why, exactly?
Old 03-10-2006   #6
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

A. Salary Cap Issues
B. That would take away the need for a back/receiver
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006   #7
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

However now we dont need to worry about Bruce.http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2362534
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-10-2006   #8
carrstud34
Rookie

Quote:

We have a big Oline (even though their size just makes them totally unable to pass block), and speedy skill players. And if we draft Reggie, we could easily have the fastest offense in the league if Mathis learns how to be a WR. And if we pick up Isaac Bruce (we've shown some interest), our offense should looke blazing.

And when I think of Denver, I definitely don't think of quick, explosive skill players. I just really hope Kubiak can implement a system that will really play to the strengths of our offense, cause that looked like something we really weren't able to do last season. We couldn't even get the ball to AJ last season for gawd's sake!
I have to agree with you i hope gary is everything we all hope he is. Are offense should be alright as long as we make a true comitment to geting the guys we need. are line is just not going to cut it. we have at least four guys starting right now that would be third string guys for any other team. One more true wide out would be nice so we can spread the field a little bit, and hopefully mathis will learn how to play for our deep threat
carrstud34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006   #9
humbleone
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
However now we dont need to worry about Bruce.http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2362534

Good post! Thanks.
humbleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006   #10
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

We're gonna run the ball. A lot! and use lots of roll outs and PA. I get the feeling we'll be a "run the ball, stop the run" kinda team. (Though if the D plays like they did last year my other half's 74 year old granny would have a 100 yard rusing game!!)
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read