Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-09-2006   #1
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Top NFL Free Agents - list

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/...s/14055282.htm

Nice list by category.
Old 03-09-2006   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

There are some great possibilities on that list. I'll take one of each please!
Old 03-09-2006   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is another list - it is "Top 50" with a short write-up about each player.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...t&lid=tab3pos2
Old 03-09-2006   #4
AtheGreat
Veteran

bunch of solid guys that could help us out come draft day (not having to worry about filling 5 different major holes). Guys like Thorton and Kampton would be soild guys that could help us alot while not demanding a kings' ransom.
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006   #5
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

Willie McGinest should be toward the top of that LB list, no?
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006   #6
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I agree with their rankings for the most part, other than I think Ricky Manning should be higher on the CB list, and I can't believe Corey Bradford is above Kevin Curtis, Nate Burleson, and Koren Robinson. These are guys I wouldn't mind seeing the Texans make a serious run at and bring to the team (obviously we won't get all of them or even most of them, but 1-2 on each side of the ball would be nice, and I underlined my top couple choices on each side of the ball):

One of the veteran QBs as long as they are a lot better than Tony Banks, we don't need to go after the top few but one of them would be nice as a backup.
Mike Anderson, RB, Broncos (has played with Kubiak and he gives us a true power RB if we can get him at a decent price).
Stephen Davis, RB, Panthers (same as with Anderson without the Kubiak connection and if we can get at a decent price).
Ron Dayne, RB, Broncos (same as Anderson if we can get at a decent price, he'd probably be the most likely one of these three to get fairly cheap).
Isaac Bruce, WR, Rams (rumored to already be in progress, would be a nice #2 WR for a couple years but we still need to find a longer-term replacement).
Jeb Putzier, TE, Broncos (been with Kubiak already and knows system, not a great TE but solid and reduces our need to get one as high in the draft).
Matt Schobel, TE, Bengals (same as Putzier but without the Kubiak connection).
LeCharles Bentley, OG/C, Saints (I know he's almost for sure going to the Eagles, but I can still dream can't I?)
Kevin Shaffer, OT, Falcons (Since Justice and Winston won't likely be available at #33, I'd prefer Shaffer to McNeill or Colledge as our RT).

Aaron Kampman, DE, Packers (He would be a decent option as a DE depending on where we plan to get one in the draft, i.e. if we're targeting Mario Williams then don't bother).
Andre Carter, DE, 49ers (I see him as a little bigger version of John Abraham but not quite as talented, still he'd be a nice DE also depending on what we're planning to do in the draft).
Anthony Weaver, DE, Ravens (He is a bigger DE that would play LE and not be our main pass rusher, would be an option depending on who we're targeting in the draft).
Will Witherspoon, LB, Panthers (He would be a nice addition to our team, could maybe play MLB for us or better allow us to move Wong inside).
Ricky Manning, CB, Panthers (He's fairly small but athletic, aggressive, and young, although he's a RFA so we'd have to give up a draft pick for him).
Chris Hope, FS, Steelers (Would provide a nice upgrade in our secondary).
Will Demps, FS, Ravens (Would also provide a nice upgrade in our secondary).
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006   #7
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
I agree with their rankings for the most part, other than I think Ricky Manning should be higher on the CB list, and I can't believe Corey Bradford is above Kevin Curtis, Nate Burleson, and Koren Robinson. These are guys I wouldn't mind seeing the Texans make a serious run at and bring to the team (obviously we won't get all of them or even most of them, but 1-2 on each side of the ball would be nice, and I underlined my top couple choices on each side of the ball):

One of the veteran QBs as long as they are a lot better than Tony Banks, we don't need to go after the top few but one of them would be nice as a backup.
Mike Anderson, RB, Broncos (has played with Kubiak and he gives us a true power RB if we can get him at a decent price).
Stephen Davis, RB, Panthers (same as with Anderson without the Kubiak connection and if we can get at a decent price).
Ron Dayne, RB, Broncos (same as Anderson if we can get at a decent price, he'd probably be the most likely one of these three to get fairly cheap).
Isaac Bruce, WR, Rams (rumored to already be in progress, would be a nice #2 WR for a couple years but we still need to find a longer-term replacement).
Jeb Putzier, TE, Broncos (been with Kubiak already and knows system, not a great TE but solid and reduces our need to get one as high in the draft).
Matt Schobel, TE, Bengals (same as Putzier but without the Kubiak connection).
LeCharles Bentley, OG/C, Saints (I know he's almost for sure going to the Eagles, but I can still dream can't I?)
Kevin Shaffer, OT, Falcons (Since Justice and Winston won't likely be available at #33, I'd prefer Shaffer to McNeill or Colledge as our RT).

Aaron Kampman, DE, Packers (He would be a decent option as a DE depending on where we plan to get one in the draft, i.e. if we're targeting Mario Williams then don't bother).
Andre Carter, DE, 49ers (I see him as a little bigger version of John Abraham but not quite as talented, still he'd be a nice DE also depending on what we're planning to do in the draft).
Anthony Weaver, DE, Ravens (He is a bigger DE that would play LE and not be our main pass rusher, would be an option depending on who we're targeting in the draft).
Will Witherspoon, LB, Panthers (He would be a nice addition to our team, could maybe play MLB for us or better allow us to move Wong inside).
Ricky Manning, CB, Panthers (He's fairly small but athletic, aggressive, and young, although he's a RFA so we'd have to give up a draft pick for him).
Chris Hope, FS, Steelers (Would provide a nice upgrade in our secondary).
Will Demps, FS, Ravens (Would also provide a nice upgrade in our secondary).
I put my favorites in Bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-09-2006   #8
samomin
Veteran

I like Tom Ashworth, but I don't know if we really need a RT. Also durability concerns according to espn article. Kampman looks good to me also. I watch Greenbay games whenever I get a chance and Kampman has made himself known the last few years, but not a must have.
Old 03-09-2006   #9
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

I wouldn't mind getting either Ashworth or Neal. If they can play for the Pats, then they can probably crack our lineup.
Old 03-09-2006   #10
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Putzier, Schaffer and Kampman would be the three I would like, but I doubt we could get Kampman away from GB. They just raised their offer to him. I suspect Putz will be here and I have NO idea about what we might or might not be doing with Schaffer.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006   #11
Haams
All Pro

I actually don't like Dan Campbell at all, but I think he has a lot of talent and could help our team. I don't know though - an aggie and a cowgirl? That might be too much.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read