Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-08-2006   #1
WILLIEG
Veteran

Default Jets No, Packers Yes!

I know everyone has been on the tradedown with the Jets thing but what about us trading down to the Packers and them picking up a franchise RB in Bush. Then, we are in a position to pick up M. Willams or D. Ferguson at the #5 spot and picking up extra picks in this years draft. I really don't think that S. Gado is the answer for the packers this year. Don't get me wrong or anything, he has had a couple of good games but that came after mid season of last year. Can he survive the whole season? I don't really know but with A. Green living as a FA it could possibly be a question mark that they will soon need to answer. It would make a lot of sense because of the group of WR, OL, DB's that they have. Does anyone think this is a possibilty?
WILLIEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Ahman Green has resigned on a one year deal.
Old 03-08-2006   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Green signed a one year tender.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006   #4
WILLIEG
Veteran

I think that's good and all but only a quick fix to a big problem.
WILLIEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006   #5
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLIEG
I know everyone has been on the tradedown with the Jets thing but what about us trading down to the Packers and them picking up a franchise RB in Bush. Then, we are in a position to pick up M. Willams or D. Ferguson at the #5 spot and picking up extra picks in this years draft. I really don't think that S. Gado is the answer for the packers this year. Don't get me wrong or anything, he has had a couple of good games but that came after mid season of last year. Can he survive the whole season? I don't really know but with A. Green living as a FA it could possibly be a question mark that they will soon need to answer. It would make a lot of sense because of the group of WR, OL, DB's that they have. Does anyone think this is a possibilty?
Ahman Green resigned a one year deal, which could very well mean they are going to look for a RB and bring him in and let Green go after this year, but I don't think they will use a 1st round pick on that RB (if they thought Ahman was their long-term solution I think they would have signed a longer deal). Either way, I don't want to move down past the Jets, as they are likely to take Mario Williams at #4 (it would basically be between D'Brick and Mario for them, and if John Abraham gets traded I think it will be Mario) and I don't want to trade down and not get Mario or still end up with Bush. It is a possibility, but I hope the Texans stay in the top 4 to make sure they get Mario, and I think they will likely do that because it sounds like their decision is also come down to Mario vs. Bush.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006   #6
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I'd be happy with Mario, D'Brick, Bush, or Vernon Davis. I just don't want to see us take a QB. I also think I would consider trading down for less than usual if I didn't have a clear-cut player I wanted. If they TRULY want Bush, then take him. Otherwise trade with the Jets or Green Bay for less and still get one of the guys you want at a discount price (and with extra picks to boot). I wouldn't trade any lower than 6th though.
Old 03-09-2006   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

RB's don't need to be "groomed" like many other positions...so I don't see them taking a back early in the draft when they have a ton of needs. I don't see the Packers making a dynamic move up the board with a big trade package either...they generally don't work like that, and they need their picks.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-09-2006   #8
BringItOn
Rookie

The Jets have asked for a private workout with Leinhart which leads me to believe they are going to draft a QB. That may be a smoke screen, but given the history they can't be happy with Pennigton and I think the restructuring they just did is just to keep him there a while to groom the next franchise QB.

I don't think it's the Jets you have to worry about taking Mario Williams, but I also don't believe the Packers will trade up. They have just as many holes as we do and need every pick they can get. I think they'll be content to draft whatever prospect fall down to them.
BringItOn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read