Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-16-2004   #1
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer
Default Its official Cowboys are getting a awesome new stadium

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news_80...0E54A92B3217F9
Nice, nice. Sorry Reliant

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004   #2
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Its official Cowboys are getting a awesome new stadium

Sorry about this puckhead....

Dallas sucks!
Old 08-16-2004   #3
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Man didnt mean to offend anyone and be called a "puck head" Im just kidding, Reliant is an awesome stadium

Old 08-16-2004   #4
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Good for you guys...I was at Texas stadium a couple months back and was in amazement on how big of a piece of junk that place is.
You can thank your big brother to the south for being the "first" stadium with a retractable roof to pave the way for others to follow.

Hey...come to think of it:
Also for the Astrodome...but you guys forgot the center piece.

Last edited by TEXANS84; 08-16-2004 at 06:01 PM.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004   #5
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Puckhead is what I call Cowgirl fans. I guess it comes from when I was in "God's Toilet" and the Dallas fans around me were wearing Stars uniforms. After asking them why those unis instead of Cowgirl gear, one replied "Cuz they are the last ones to win!" One of them had a Lakers hat on it. Then I looked to the sky and noticed the unfinished roof and realized how "rink-like" it looked as I wondered how many bandwagon fans the Cowboys have 'just because of thier past"?

It really is sad that people live in other areas of the world and like a specific team because it has been successful and then changing teams as need.

Typical.
Old 08-16-2004   #6
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Congratulations.
Its been a long time since my one visit to Texas Stadium and it was a big disappointment even then.
Here's hoping our Texans can be your first opponent in your new digs and promptly hand you a loss on our way to a superbowl winning season.
19-10 would be nice. :hehe:
Old 08-16-2004   #7
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

So the Cowboys copy our rectractable roof idea???

But they still dont have our beautiful practice facilities...according to the article

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-16-2004   #8
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
It really is sad that people live in other areas of the world and like a specific team because it has been successful and then changing teams as need.

If you're from Houston...you know all about this.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004   #9
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Great news! Are the plans still in place for the Dallas Cowboys park as originally submitted?
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004   #10
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Thumbs down Re: Its official Cowboys are getting a awesome new stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc
Puckhead is what I call Cowgirl fans. I guess it comes from when I was in "God's Toilet" and the Dallas fans around me were wearing Stars uniforms. After asking them why those unis instead of Cowgirl gear, one replied "Cuz they are the last ones to win!" One of them had a Lakers hat on it. Then I looked to the sky and noticed the unfinished roof and realized how "rink-like" it looked as I wondered how many bandwagon fans the Cowboys have 'just because of thier past"?

Typical.
Dont be so sour. People like you make me disgusted.
Uh, I really dont think its a band wagon thing after all those 5-11 seasons. Most of the guys I know down here dont like the Cowboys. Where's the proof they are the most bandwagoned team? Please show me.

You know I bet those guys that were wearing the Star jerseys were from Dallas and thats why they were at the game cheering for the Cowboys. You think its because they traveled all the way to Dallas and just happend to be Star fans?

Dont know about you but I was born in Texas and Im sure as heck going to die in Texas. Dont even think about me as a bandwagon jumper

Man, you're different from the rest of the Houston fans here. Most of them are happy for Dallas's new stadium which made me extremely impressed. You're different.

But you know, theres always a bad egg in the group

Old 08-16-2004   #11
Panther5407
All Pro

Looks pretty simular to the Seahawks stadium to me. But the point is, reliant is the best!!! Dallas can be where ever, they could be two but my focus is on my team. Still a pretty good stadium.
Old 08-16-2004   #12
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

So where's the amusement park?

I guess it will open right about the time Reliant is hosting its second Super Bowl.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
If you're from Houston...you know all about this.
I resent the remark. I am from Houston and it's clearly not true in my case. I insist that you withdraw this comment at once. At the very least I insist on an official "Hervoyel Exception Clause". I have never once been a fan of any team, at any time that didn't have the word "Houston" in front of it's name.
Old 08-16-2004   #14
Tedc
Hardheaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I resent the remark. I am from Houston and it's clearly not true in my case. I insist that you withdraw this comment at once. At the very least I insist on an official "Hervoyel Exception Clause". I have never once been a fan of any team, at any time that didn't have the word "Houston" in front of it's name.
I agree Hervoyel!

In response to Puckhead's thread....

I have been called a homer but never a bandwagon fan. Being born and raised in Houston, no one would even suggest it but a misinformed Puckhead, Dullass wannabe living in hicksville...Tomball,Texas...a suburb of Houston. The tripe you talk about here is only to get people riled up.

I know that it was only preseason, but I believe that your(?) team in Dullass needs some help and your useless trivial babble here isn't helping them out any. If my team loses to another, I don't go over there to rile the fans up. It is pointless. You lost. Take your whipping like a man, BOY!

I love Dullass bandwagon fans. They are so predictable.
Old 08-16-2004   #15
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

it won't be official till the voters vote. I would love for them to have a new stadium, as that one they are in really, really, really, really is terrible.

They say imitation is the greatest form of flattery. I guess copying Reliant and Tampa Bay stadium means the Cryboys just don't have any original thinkers up there to come up with their own ideas. So thanks for the compliments Cryboys stadium fans.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004   #16
profan
Veteran

Still needs voter approval. Many voters will not favor a rise in the sales tax to build Jerry's new house. Anyway, I hope it works out for you, but the final decision will come in November if I read correctly. Good luck this year. I always bet against the cowboys with my friend who is a big fan. I know alot of good cowboy fans and realize your not all what many on this board describe you to be. But I will always be a Texan fan. Being a Texan fan does not mean you have to hate everyone else.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004   #17
texansfan88
All Pro

I SAY HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS! good game saturday crackboys
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004   #18
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by profan
Still needs voter approval. Many voters will not favor a rise in the sales tax to build Jerry's new house. Anyway, I hope it works out for you, but the final decision will come in November if I read correctly. Good luck this year. I always bet against the cowboys with my friend who is a big fan. I know alot of good cowboy fans and realize your not all what many on this board describe you to be. But I will always be a Texan fan. Being a Texan fan does not mean you have to hate everyone else.
I don't know why so many still oppose the stadium initiatives when it's known that after a number of years, usually 25 or more, changes are needed. I remember when we were voting for a stadium in Houston, and people were complaining that that was too much money for a "playground for the rich" and we needed to be spending more on education, also we would lose money doing business in the city because people wouldn't stay in the hotels or rent cars, yada, yada, yada. Read some of the same excuses when the Cowboys were trying to build the stadium in Dallas, even Mary Kay Corp. threatened to move their headquarters if the stadium plans passed. If Mary Kay was so concerned about the cost, I would think that at least they could consider reducing the price of their products.

Last edited by StarStruck; 08-16-2004 at 11:02 PM.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004   #19
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

It's just the way of politics. If you try and put the money in education, then someone complains it should be spent on healthcare, and it goes on and on. You can never please everybody, but I too hope it works out for the Cowboys because their stadium now is terrible.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004   #20
LoNghoRn-TeXaN
Veteran

Good for Cowboys fans. Its about time b/c Texas Stadium sucks. But you know what...

WE'VE GOT THE WAY BETTER TEAM!!!

And your team, well... they are not even contenders. So you could all be happy for your new facility but its going to be a shame that you wont be able to bring a new Lomabardi trophy for your fancy new trophy case.
LoNghoRn-TeXaN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read