Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who?
Andre Johnson 141 93.38%
Jerome Mathis 91 60.26%
Jabar Gaffney 45 29.80%
Corey BADford 2 1.32%
David Givens 45 29.80%
Isaac Bruce 43 28.48%
Terrel Owens 16 10.60%
Reggie Bush 33 21.85%
Reggie McNeal 11 7.28%
Other 16 10.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2006   #1
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Wide Recievers Poll

Vote for the three men you'd most like to see take the field as a Houston Texans wide reciever next season.

I'm going with AJ, Jerome Mathis, and Isaac Bruce
Old 03-07-2006   #2
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 127674 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

where's armstrong??
Old 03-07-2006   #3
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected

Other.
Old 03-07-2006   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

3 aint enough .

I voted Johnson, Mathis, and Gaffney. Though Mathis im more interested in a a 4th WR and Kick returner.. for our #2 receiver id like to see Givens.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006   #5
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
3 aint enough .

Agreed, that is why I put four.

AJ, Givens, Gaffney and Mathis.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Why is Reggie Bush on there as a wide reciever? Yes, if we draft him he may line up as a WR on a few plays but he's not going to be a WR. Kind of an odd option. I don't think 3 is enough either.

I voted Andre (duh), David Givens, and Isaac Bruce but I don't think Givens and Bruce will both be here next year, if either of them at all. I would prefer Givens to Bruce. Bruce is getting up there in age while Givens has only been in the league for 4 or 5 years. The players I want to see as wide recievers next year are:

Andre Johnson
David Givens
Derrick Armstrong
Corey Bradford
Jerome Mathis
Jabar Gaffney

I would like to see Bruce but I don't see it happening.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006   #7
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer
Default David Givens!

Gaffney??
Give me a break. The guy missed Carr's best pass ever by not turning and looking!
Givens is the main man. Experienced, and still very young.
Old 03-07-2006   #8
DaveCarr@andrejohnson.net
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Flash
Gaffney??
Give me a break. The guy missed Carr's best pass ever by not turning and looking!
Givens is the main man. Experienced, and still very young.
one pass buddy
everyone makes mistakes
DaveCarr@andrejohnson.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006   #9
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

wow. someone didn't vote for AJ.
Old 03-07-2006   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ, Mathis and Bruce. Bruce to teach Mathis and AJ a few things.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Johnson, Mathis, and Gaffney.

I didn't pick Bush because he's in the backfield next to Domanick Davis and behind Carr. Will he stay there and take the handoff or will he go in motion and then what are the Texans going to do? Defenses everywhere will get to find out next season.
Old 03-08-2006   #12
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

I voted for four: AJ & Bruce as our #1 and #2.

Gaffney as our sure-handed, 3rd down conversion slot receiver w/ Mathis in situational plays w/ the chance to possibly win this spot outright over Gaffney as the season progresses.
Old 03-08-2006   #13
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

#1 AJ, #2 Gaffney, #3 Peerless Price (he was my 1st choice before Givens)...
Use Mathis as #4 and slowly bring him on and rotate the guys around to cause confusion...
Old 03-08-2006   #14
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 213653 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for AJ , Gaff and other ..... I'd like to see them take a look at Troy Brown (NE) ..... I think the guy is the ultimate team player and would be a good fit for next season .....Antwaan Randle El would be my second choice.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006   #15
The Myth
Rookie

No love for Cory Bradford, huh? I wouldn't mind seeing Issac Bruce for the fact that he wouldn't be a problem and would be great in the locker room.
The Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006   #16
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer
Default Gaff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveCarr@andrejohnson.net
one pass buddy
everyone makes mistakes
Except I've seen him for four years. He's nothing special. Time to move on in my book.
Old 03-08-2006   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Flash
Except I've seen him for four years. He's nothing special. Time to move on in my book.

Gaffney... Givens........ looks like a wash to me.

I'm one of the seven who voted for T.O. but there is one caveat..... You got to pay me $100,000 to keep his **** in line....
Old 03-08-2006   #18
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Johnson/Owens/Bush.

What defense would know where or who to play these guys? Its a defensive mis-match from hell.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006   #19
Snapple
Veteran

Okay, there are 99 votes, but only 94 people said they want AJ in their top three.

From those five people who didn't vote for AJ, are you guys crazy or something?
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006   #20
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool

I bet somebody took out Aj and added TO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read