Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-07-2006   #1
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer
Default Texas Hand-Shake

Cass talks about trading the #1 pick to plug some holes:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11582016

Hmmm...Could we be seeing Mario Williams here?
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not surprising. The team with the #1 always at least toys with the idea of trading down, in order to make it ssound like its possible and get offers. I wouldn't be surprised if we do trade, but then again, I doubt any team will offer a large enough price and we end up staying at #1
Old 03-07-2006   #3
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Cass has been saying this exact same thing over and over on tv and radio for about the last 3 weeks or so. It is almost as if he is reading it off a que card.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006   #4
TreWardTxn
Veteran

Unless it's two #1s and two #2s i say stay where we're at...
TreWardTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006   #5
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not like this is up-to-date news. Note the date of the article release. Feb. 27.
Old 03-07-2006   #6
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Good call on the date ... beat me to it.

The FO is just going through the motions at this point.
Old 03-07-2006   #7
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Whoops! Nice catch. Old hat, oh well. I still think Cass is going to give the Texans the ole Houston Handshake when this is all said and done. (I meant to say Houston, not Texas).
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-07-2006   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

If the freshness date on topics for discussion is just two weeks, this board is going to get quiet very soon. No last season, no Rose Bowl, no Capers vs. Casserly, no combine talk in another week.....
Old 03-07-2006   #9
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
If the freshness date on topics for discussion is just two weeks, this board is going to get quiet very soon. No last season, no Rose Bowl, no Capers vs. Casserly, no combine talk in another week.....
I don't know. Free Agenc is bound to start sooner rather than later. Hopefully it will on Thursday and we can talk about additions/subtractions when that happens. Whatever additions we get I'm sure will lead to even more debate on who we will/will not draft. People like to
Old 03-07-2006   #10
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreWardTxn
Unless it's two #1s and two #2s i say stay where we're at...
I really doubt anyone gives up that much, and I wouldn't require them to either. I would be perfectly fine trading with the Jets to get the #4, #35, and next year's 2nd rounder, then we grab Mario Williams at #4. I would rather have Mario than Bush and I think he would make a bigger impact on our team, so making any kind of trade to #4 would ensure that we still get him and we would get a couple extra picks in return. If we're going to look at D'Brick or anyone else then I'd want a bigger deal like the one you suggested, but getting Mario and two extra 2nd round picks would be great with me.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006   #11
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

4, 35, and next years 2nd is not nearly enough.

this is a special draft which means it should be a special trade. the least i would accept is the giants/chargers trade 2 years ago.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006   #12
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
4, 35, and next years 2nd is not nearly enough.

this is a special draft which means it should be a special trade. the least i would accept is the giants/chargers trade 2 years ago.
For Mario I'd accept #35 and next year's 2nd rounder. For someone like D'Brick or whoever else we'd maybe be targeting I would require a bigger trade like that, but Mario is my top guy and I'd be willing to take him at #1, so trading to #4 and getting those two 2nd rounders gets us my top guy at a cheaper price and still gets us two extra draft picks, so that's a win-win to me, but that's just how I view Bush, Mario, vs. everyone else.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read