Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-07-2006   #1
throwANDREtheBALL
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to throwANDREtheBALL
Default The 3 reasons why CASSERLY is still GM.

UM......this is gonna take awhile.

After 2 hours of thought, I've only got one good one.

1. Mcnair likes to have someone, with a goofier smile than his, at his side at all times.

2. Casserly owns a FLOW-BEE, and Mcnair hates the thought of having to pay for a haircut ?

3. The new staff is tapping into Casserly's brain for info on all the TEXANS. THIS scares me, since Casserly seems to know nothing at all about TALENT on his own team or someone elses.

HMMM, so why is he still here anyways ?

I don't get it, and I sure don't like it.
throwANDREtheBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006   #2
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 4489 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

i got one reason why hes still here,

its because McNAir cant quit him.hehe
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006   #3
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

You gotta give him one thing, we arn't in Cap Hell like the jets and titans and other teams. That will cripple a team faster than one or 2 or 3 bad FA pickups. Hes not good in the draft or FA but at least we arnt way over the cap.
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I can oly come up with ONE real good reason he's still GM ....

He hired Dom Capers .... He has convinced McNair that last seasons D-E-B-A-C-L-E is ALL Dom's fualt and NONE of his own and that by hiring Kubiak things will change rapidly .....

Im NOT Buying it .... But obviously McNair has

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006   #5
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the reason is much more simple. Casserly is the only one that still remembers the combination to the safe
Old 03-07-2006   #6
playoff year please
Veteran

Default He is still here because.....

we need someone to fire this season if it gets bad.
playoff year please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006   #7
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95473 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

The reason why Casserly is still here . . .

. . . is because Dan Reeves told McNair that Casserly wasn't the problem. Reeves also told McNair that Carr was not the problem. Reeves obviously told McNair that coaching was the the problem.

Reeves has been around the block a few times . . you know . . won a couple of Super Bowls, and minor stuff like that.

You might want to consider what your problem is with Reeves . . . and talk about why you know more than he does.

. . .
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-07-2006   #8
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus

Reeves has been around the block a few times . . you know . . won a couple of Super Bowls, and minor stuff like that.

You might want to consider what your problem is with Reeves . . . and talk about why you know more than he does.
and YOU might want to get your FACTS straight. Dan Reeves has not won a couple super bowls. Heck for that matter he hasn't even won ONE. Lost FOUR in fact.

So tell me again why CASSERLY is here?
Old 03-07-2006   #9
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill

I tend to like my answer the best so far .....with

Quote:
Originally Posted by playoff year please
we need someone to fire this season if it gets bad.
a very close second

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Good cap management

With CBA uncertainty good to have Cass and Reeves

Knows players in college

and the #1 in my opinion is that he drafted Carr
Old 03-07-2006   #11
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

well there seems to be quite a bit of football knowledge here on the board today and I realize that it's much easier to attack ideas rather than propose alternative ones but I'll ask anyway .... who would we hire if Casserly was fired?
Old 03-07-2006   #12
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I'd venture to say that we can't complain about CASS too much.

What is Matt Millen on....coach #3 or 4????

Corrosion I do like yours but I must admit the WE NEED SOMEONE TO FIRE THIS YEAR brought quite a chuckle.

I'd venture to say we won't fire him b/c of McNair's loyalty. I mean he's going ride with his folks to the wheels fall off. Admirable in some respects Stupid in others.
Old 03-07-2006   #13
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95473 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

ehhhh . . . I better delete this post. I smell a ban lurking.

Last edited by Marcus; 03-07-2006 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-07-2006   #14
Marcus
Hall of Fame

I just think some of the Casserly critics ought to cut Casserly and Carr some slack, and see what they both do with a different coaching staff first.
Old 03-07-2006   #15
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill
and YOU might want to get your FACTS straight. Dan Reeves has not won a couple super bowls. Heck for that matter he hasn't even won ONE. Lost FOUR in fact.

I guess the 1971 (player) and 1977 (offensive coordinator) Superbowls with the Cowboys don't count?

Dan Reeves has played or participated in 9 Superbowls by the way--more than anyone else I believe.

As far as Casserly, I was in favor of sending him down the road as well. That hasn't been done but as a positive thought on the matter, the biggest knock on Casserly spells change in the FA and drafting of the team. He is known if anything to give his coaches too much of what they want. It appears at least two of the most questionable moves for the Texans (Buchanon and Babin) were such coach inspired moves. Given that the entire character of the coaching staff has changed, there is every reason to believe the character of the FA moves and drafting will change as well.
Old 03-07-2006   #16
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
I guess the 1971 (player) and 1977 (offensive coordinator) Superbowls with the Cowboys don't count?

Dan Reeves has played or participated in 9 Superbowls by the way--more than anyone else I believe.
Yes you're correct there Infantry. My apologies to Marcus if those are the two he was REFERRING too. I read it has him being an HC since he was making the Dom Connection.
Old 03-07-2006   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus

. . . is because Dan Reeves told McNair that Casserly wasn't the problem. Reeves also told McNair that Carr was not the problem. Reeves obviously told McNair that coaching was the the problem.

. . .
For Reeves to say Casserly wasn't the problem, then we have to assume, our linemen aren't the problem, our recievers, our defense, etc.. were not the problem, as well as Carr not being the problem. Casserly being with the Texans, pretty much says we have the talent on this team to win football games.... The Texans, "moves" so far seems to confirm that...... Weary was picked up. Walker, Coleman, and Hollings gone...... nothing we didn't expect.....
Old 03-07-2006   #18
TreWardTxn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
well there seems to be quite a bit of football knowledge here on the board today and I realize that it's much easier to attack ideas rather than propose alternative ones but I'll ask anyway .... who would we hire if Casserly was fired?
I think this is likely the biggest factor in why Cass is still around. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would venture that the GM fraternity is a even smaller than the coaching frat. Meaning, those guys probably get recycled even more than head coaches. Even if the majority of posters on this board think he has goofed, he does have some credibility around the league. You can't have a first-time head coach and a first-time GM making the bulk of a franchise's decisions, or at least if you want to play it safe, that's how you'll look at it...

Personally, I think Casserly lived fat off of Gibbs coaching ability (in a pre-cap, pre-free agency NFL) and after Gibbs left, that whole franchise fell apart. Since being here he has continually screwed-the-pooch; how in the hell do you have 2+ years to evaluate who should be the first expansion pick, and you still manage to pick the gimp? So, Cass better hope Kubiak is the next coming or he'll be off trying to dupe the next new owner into hiring him...
TreWardTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006   #19
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreWardTxn
Personally, I think Casserly lived fat off of Gibbs coaching ability (in a pre-cap, pre-free agency NFL) and after Gibbs left, that whole franchise fell apart.
I partly agree with this ... I see the head coach/GM as somewhat symbiotic in nature meaning that in the right situation one can benefit from the presence of the other .... when the 2 are at odds, both suffer ...
Old 03-07-2006   #20
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator
i got one reason why hes still here,

its because McNAir cant quit him.hehe

It's official, i've now heard one brokeback joke too many.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read