Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-19-2004   #1
Spider_20
Rookie

Post Who Does he remind you of?

Who do u think Dominick Davis reminds you of as a running back to me he reminds me a lot of Priest Holmes in the size and in the strength... tell me who you think dom davis reminds you of...
Spider_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004   #2
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

I also say Preist. Running styles are very similar.
Old 08-20-2004   #3
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Reminds me of Emmitt. Not the fastest, not the biggest, but gets the job done. Uses his blockers well, great field vision, breaks arm tackles, catches out of the backfield well ..... all reminiscent of Emmitt.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

He reminds me of Emmitt too.

Just hope he can stay away from the injury bug. Emmitt was rarely injured.

And if he has the drive and heart of Emmitt he'll be a great one.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004   #5
Panther5407
All Pro

From what I saw of Emmit, thats what he reminds me of too.
Old 08-20-2004   #6
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

if you crossed a health marshall faulk and tiki barber, you would get something close to dominic davis
F-minus67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004   #7
Panther5407
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
if you crossed a health marshall faulk and tiki barber, you would get something close to dominic davis
minus tiki's fumbling problem but ya that seems like a good comparison
Old 08-21-2004   #8
DoCt3rJ
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DoCt3rJ

I don't see the comparison in Marshall with D.D., but I do see a young Emmit in him. With a little better speed, hes not near as fast and elusive as Marshall, sorry I think a young Emmit with a little speed is the best comparison. Emmit makes moves, even at his age now, so you can't say " oh Emmit diden't make the moves D.D. did ", because he did when he was young. Priest is also a good comparison. But Barry Sanders? I don't think theres any similarity, both have different running styles. Barry coulden't break tackles, he was pure moves and speed.
DoCt3rJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #9
H-TownRules
Veteran

1 part Emmitt Smith + 1 part Priest Holmes = DD
Old 08-21-2004   #10
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeBC32
Ok, he did make some moves that reminded me of Barry last year. I was fixing to put ESmith but I just remember DD being quick like Barry. Barry was quicker than Emmitt.
Yea Barry was alot quicker than Emmitt.

Emmitt, I don't think was ever considered a fast back like Sanders and Dorsett. He isn't even very big.

He just has all the intangibles that make for a great football back. Or made for a great back. I don't know what to expect from him this year. He says he's got something left. He's not somebody I would underestimate ever but I guess most fans think he's done as far as being productive.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read