Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-06-2006   #1
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default El Yeah or Arrington....In Houston?

Don't be suprised if the Texans take a look at Antwan Randle El. I believe the Texans will do their best in Free Agency to bring in high character, winning attitude guys on offense and add playmakers to the offense. If something like this happens, it will also show their hand in the draft. With the addition of a really good #2 WR to compliment Johnson, it will be a lock that the Texans will go to the defense side of the ball or add Ferguson, via trading down. This would give the Texans movement in the draft and enable them to fill other voids in the team. Randle El won't be cheap, but he would be cheaper than Young or Bush. Randle El will bring speed at the #2, a pass catching WR, and allow them to line him up similar to what they would do with Bush. Don't get me wrong, I still want Bush and/or Mario Williams, but upgrading this offense would be a big help.
Arrington's price will not be cheap, but Denver thrived on it's LB unit for years, now the similar system touches ground in Space City. Arrington would bring the tenacity this team and city needs. Off the field, class act. My brother happens to be good friends with him, growing up in Pittsburgh, but on the field, nothing but pure havoc and always has been since his days at North Hills High School. With Peek and Arrington on the same field, along with Robaire Smith and Johnson's attitude up front, and the illest CB on the planet, Dante Robinson, this team may start to have a heart beat on defense.Opposing RB's and Wr's will start to think about getting hit by us again, rather than going through holes like swiss cheese. Hit a guy once and he'll think about it the next time. The attitude will change instantly and be considered on the the most feared hitting teams around. Since the beginning of our beloved franchise, I think we have been soft on D, and our conference does not like to hit. (Colts can't beat a team that hits on D, look at how they fare against the Jag's). The defensvie attitude will actually carry over to the offense and eventually the crowd. We need more passion, and this guy will help establish it.
Last, pray for a higher salary cap. If this happens, all our dreams may come true this spring and summer, getting alot of the pieces of the puzzle we need!
Old 03-06-2006   #2
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

puts spaces between your paragraphs please.

I would love to add Randel El, but I don't think that he will come to this team.
Old 03-06-2006   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1
puts spaces between your paragraphs please.

I would love to add Randel El, but I don't think that he will come to this team.
I believe he will stay in Pitt or go to the Chicago Bears and play for the hometown team, but I see no reason for him to come to Houston.

Arrington, however, will use us for leverage if history repeats itself. Then again, I don't really think that many teams with money to spend would be interested.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006   #4
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Wouldn't his hometown team be the Colts because he is from Indiana?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006   #5
TreWardTxn
Veteran

Don't get me wrong, I think Randle El is one of the most versatile football players and better athletes on an NFL field today. But why would the Texans want a guy who has never been a solid #2 threat as a receiver. He caught more passes last year in the slot than he did after Burress left and being the #2, big plays, no doubt. Either way, we have a punt returner, have a #2 who is just as reliable, and there's no point in paying big FA $ for a guy who can throw in a trick pass every now and then. Save those dollars for Arrington...
TreWardTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006   #6
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default randle el

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Wouldn't his hometown team be the Colts because he is from Indiana?
Randle El is from Harvey illinois..he played his college ball at Indiana.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006   #7
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Randle El will stay in Pittsburgh. Id put money on it.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-06-2006   #8
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Arrington is a better name than football player. Not a guy I would likely go after because his demands far exceed his output.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006   #9
DaveCarr@andrejohnson.net
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
Arrington is a better name than football player. Not a guy I would likely go after because his demands far exceed his output.
Yeh. he is loosing his game a little
plus if he is "a big name" why in the world would he want to go here
DaveCarr@andrejohnson.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006   #10
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveCarr@andrejohnson.net
Yeh. he is loosing his game a little
plus if he is "a big name" why in the world would he want to go here
New hope. Money thrown wildely at him.

I am under the impression that he is a very conceited and selfish man. He seems like the kind of player who will "cut off his nose to spite his face." I also don't see too many teams way under the cap throwing a lot of money at him.

Imagine: We sign him AND draft Ahmad Brooks in the Supp. draft. That LB group would be SICK!!!

Wong/Orr/Greenwood -------Brooks/Wong --------Arrington------

Old 03-06-2006   #11
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Arrington has not lost his game, the guy is the Jevon Kearse of LBs.
Arrington has lost nothing. He was being held back in Washington. He is THE most dominant LB in the NFL.
Old 03-06-2006   #12
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
Please explain to me how so?
Old 03-06-2006   #13
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
Arrington has lost nothing. He was being held back in Washington. He is THE most dominant LB in the NFL.
Why would one of the TOP defenses in the leauge hold him back??
Old 03-06-2006   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I think the word on him, was Maverick... a little too much of a playmaker, which led him to finding himself out of position, and putting his team mates in bad situations.....

If he does come to Houston, I hope he comes with a chip on his shoulder, ready to prove people wrong........
Old 03-06-2006   #15
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Please explain to me how so?
To be the most dominate player in the league, you actually have to play regularly. Playing within the scheme is a part of the deal. Arrington does not and is far enough in his career where I don't want to banking on him all of a sudden becoming a disciplined enough player.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006   #16
Koolbrz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
I think the word on him, was Maverick... a little too much of a playmaker, which led him to finding himself out of position, and putting his team mates in bad situations.....

If he does come to Houston, I hope he comes with a chip on his shoulder, ready to prove people wrong........

I believe he will come with a chip on his shoulder. The dude has a nasty attittude on the field and you said it he is a playmaker. Would love to have him here. Only time will tell.
Koolbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006   #17
Tha_Tinman
Veteran

Default I like him but

Quote:
I like Arrington and I hope our team pursues him ...but you guys are laying it on a lil thick.

He's had two knee surgeries ...he lost his starting job ...he only played 4 games in '04 ...last year he only had 1 sack and 1 interception.

I don't know about THE most dominant but playing here would definitely give him an opportunity to re-invent himself.

My favorite thing about the guy is that he actually "dated" Serena Williams! I say sign the guy on that stat alone, lol.
Tha_Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006   #18
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Arrington is an amazing player, but he likes to freelance to much and blows assignments. He is a great passrusher and does cover a lot of ground. Even though he is an OLB, could he play MLB? Didn't he play MLB in college?
Old 03-07-2006   #19
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I have to agree with most said above about Arrington.

Amazing athlete. Could be in the mix for comeback player of the year if he returns to old form.

Problem is you have to build your defense around is lack of discipline to play within the scheme. He's the kind of player that makes Reverses look great b/c he didn't stay at home on the backside but could come free on a freelance blitz sack the qb cause a fumble scoop it up and score.

Gotta take the good with the bad. Question is ....will it be more good than bad?
Old 03-07-2006   #20
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default Spaces....

Sorry everyone, I put spaces in the paragraph, but it didn't come off that way. As for Arrington being a maverick, always has been, but some coaches don't know how to use his talent. He's like a LT. Let him make plays. The leauge will alow a guy on offense to do it, let this guy roam within a defensive scheme and do his thing. Joe Paterno didn't want to play him, because he was too athletically gifted and Arrington became frustrated. This came from the words of another PSU linebacker.....Brandon Short.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read