Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-06-2006   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Elite QBs.....

Just wondering. I know some of you will think I'm taking a shot at somebody, or that I'm pimping someone else, but it's not like that. This has nothing to do with the Texans(hence we ain't in the Bull Pen) and nothing to do with the draft(hence we ain't in the draft section).

But I got to thinking.......... we are running out of Elite QBs.... Here's My list

W-L doesn't matter.....

Peyton Manning will always be elite to me.
Leftwhich, I love the guy.
Culpepper.... he's a freak
McNabb..... he's got the arm, he makes good decisions...... mostly.. I just don't think He or Culpepper have the leadership skills.
Tom Brady...... he's got too many rings not to count him.
Rothlisberger.... Yep, I think he's elite.

and that's it..... Up and Comers..
Chris Simms..... he didn't look that good @ Texas.
Hasselback...... he needs to put up at least one more good year for me to call him elite.
Carson Palmer......... Like Hassleback...... I need to make sure he isn't a one year wonder.

In your Opinion, who do you consider to be Elite, at the end of the 2005 season??

Last edited by thunderkyss; 03-06-2006 at 11:02 AM.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006   #2
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Brees should be on the list somewhere.

I don't agree with Culpepper being elite. When he lost Moss, his game slide. Culpepper need to have another good year without Moss before he can be elite.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss

In your Opinion, who do you consider to be Elite, at the end of the 2005 season??
Why is that so hard to do?? Am I speaking Greek?? That's my list, it ain't changing.

You don't agree with it, post yours.
Old 03-06-2006   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Elite: Manning
Brady
McNabb
Palmer

Everybody else is just sort of jumbled together to me.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Manning
Culpepper
Brady
McNabb
Roethlisberger
Old 03-06-2006   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Thanks guys...
Old 03-06-2006   #7
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm torn on Big Ben. On the one hand he's done fantastic for a young QB and you have to hand that to him.

On the other hand he can play so poorly that he flat out stinks and his team still wins.

I'm just not sure about him being elite. But I get where people would think that.
Sponsored links
Old 03-06-2006   #8
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I think the only two truly elite QBs in the NFL right now are Brady and Manning.

Who else?

McNabb? Maybe, but I still think he was all messed up at the end of the Super Bowl.

Culpepper? Not after last year.

Palmer, Roethlisberger? Not yet.
Old 03-06-2006   #9
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

Troy Brady?

Still looking for the stats....maybe a composite....Troy Aikman+Tom Brady?

Johnny Unitas
Bart Starr
Ken Stabler
Joe Namath
Dan Marino
George Blanda..and he could kick field goals or opposing players in the *** I've seen him do both...

That's my list and Im sticking to it.

Edit: Forgive me all Irish fans...I left Joe Montana off my list. Blasphemy, Joe definitely belongs on the list

Last edited by cuppacoffee; 03-07-2006 at 08:54 AM.
cuppacoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006   #10
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Quote:
Why is that so hard to do?? Am I speaking Greek?? That's my list, it ain't changing.

Well now, arenít you snotty!

Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006   #11
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:

You don't have to act like a jerk. Learn to use some tact, man.
Old 03-06-2006   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's get back on topic.
Old 03-06-2006   #13
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

I used to think an elite QB was all about the stats.. I now think elite QBs are guys who can get the job done.. he can manage a game and makes good decisions.

Tom Brady- obviously
Peyton- the man knows what he's doing
Carson Palmer- this season got it done, he's only gonna get better
Brett Favre- tough, had a really bad supporting cast
Roethlisberger- He just manages the game and has a great supporting cast

these guys are elite because they can manage the game, make quick precise decisions, know how to win and can get the team in position to win every week.
Old 03-06-2006   #14
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Elite:

P Manning (still a playoff choker, but a consummate gamer.)

D McNabb (still not completely sold on the guy, but he has established a pretty consistent winning tradition until this year.)

T Brady (all world supporting cast/coaches, but the guy delivers time and time again)

Up and Comers:

B Roethlisberger (has played some really good games and some really bad games, and he still has one hell of a team around him.)

D Brees (shows up big but still disappears at times)

B Leftwich (has always looked "slow" to me, but he gets the job done when he's in the game)

D Carr (I said it! And no, I don't think he has demonstrated it yet, but I think he can and I am even going to say will be elite some day. Call me blind, homer, whatever, but I said it.)

C Palmer (w/o a doubt, I think he is going to be a bigtime gamer soon)

My initial thoughts. I might add more later as it occurs to me.
Old 03-06-2006   #15
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:

.. Here's My list

W-L doesn't matter.....

McNabb..... he's got the arm, he makes good decisions...... mostly.. I just don't think He or Culpepper have the leadership skills.

Hasselback...... he needs to put up at least one more good year for me to call him elite.
Carson Palmer......... Like Hassleback...... I need to make sure he isn't a one year wonder.
Agree with most of your list. But not with two of them.

First One- Leftwhich, In my opinion he is a long way from elite status. He may not even be the best QB on his team. Bryan may be even less mobile than Manning, and as fragile as fine china. Garrard seems to be a more rounded QB, and if I remember right lead the team to several victories at the end of the season when Leftwhich was out.

Second One- Simms hasn't played enough to even be considered an up and comer. Needs at least one more season of starts like how he ended the season, and maybe he could be added to the list.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTim5125
I used to think an elite QB was all about the stats.. I now think elite QBs are guys who can get the job done.. he can manage a game and makes good decisions.
For me, an Elite QB brings his A game week in, and week out, for several seasons. They don't have to be in a row, but someone like Brees needs to show he can do it again. and again. Not just because his job is on the line.

I put Ben up there, because he plays at a pretty high level, he makes mistakes, but he's more good, than not, and that ring makes up for the years of experience.

I personally don't like Tom Brady(I don't know why I always want to call him Troy) but I have no good reason for that........ heck I don't even have a bad reason....
Old 03-06-2006   #17
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Tom Brady is elite, to me, because he rarely makes mistakes and is just money when it's on the line. Not flashy, not loud, not fun to watch like Favre is.

I'd put Steve McNair in this same group a few years ago until injuries got the best of him.
Old 03-06-2006   #18
whiskeyrbl

Only 3 on my list:
Brady
Favre
P. Manning
Year after year after year getting it done!!!
Old 03-06-2006   #19
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Here's the problem I have with your list...

Quote:
But I got to thinking.......... we are running out of Elite QBs.... Here's My list

W-L doesn't matter.....

Roethlisberger makes it. Hasselbeck and Palmer are on the edge because they need to prove they're not a one year wonder.

Roethlisberger has been in the league for a whopping two years. Are you saying both years were great enough seasons to warrant him being elite?

My list is short:

Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Carson Palmer

That's it.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006   #20
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Very surprised many are leaving off Culpepper and McNabb, but have Palmer installed.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read