Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: Who do you take 1st overall?
Reggie Bush, RB, USC 43 52.44%
Matt Leinart, QB, USC 1 1.22%
Vince Young, QB, Texas 14 17.07%
Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt 0 0%
A.J. Hawk, OLB, Ohio State 1 1.22%
D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia 11 13.41%
Mario Williams, DE, North Carolina State 11 13.41%
Winston Justice, OT, USC 0 0%
Michael Huff, CB/S, Texas 0 0%
Other - Please post. 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2006   #1
J_E_T_SJetsJetsJets
Rookie

Default You're on the clock!

Hello, Texans Fans. I'm a Jets fan doing a league-wide first-round mock draft. Rather than do it myself, I'm letting the fans vote, acting as if they're the general manager (without trades). Each team is on the clock for 100 votes or 24 hours, whichever comes first. I think you guys get the idea. Good luck, and you're on the clock!
J_E_T_SJetsJetsJets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006   #2
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Interesting! Sounds like fun, please post the results as they happen.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006   #3
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Can we trade down with some other fans ?
Old 03-05-2006   #4
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy
Can we trade down with some other fans ?
I am in the Trade down camp. I chose Bush with this senerio. Can you update us on how your draft goes?
Old 03-05-2006   #5
Long-Spurs-Texan
Veteran

It depends on what you gave up to get the #1.
Old 03-05-2006   #6
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a feeling only four players are going to get votes in the poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006   #7
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dbrick all the way.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-05-2006   #8
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

No secret here. I went with Mario.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006   #9
big homey
Veteran

I bet you can't guess who I picked!
Old 03-05-2006   #10
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by big homey
I bet you can't guess who I picked!
I dont know I cant seem to find any hints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006   #11
J_E_T_SJetsJetsJets
Rookie

I'll definitely keep you guys updated when it goes on to progress. I'd like to add in trades, but I have a feeling it would be way too unrealistic. Thanks for taking place in this. If it is a landslide around 9 AM EST tomorrow, I'll be in Visual Communications at school and will just move on to the Saints.
J_E_T_SJetsJetsJets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Eight picks for a QB to this point, and they are all for VY. Not a single pick
for Leinert. Not a single pick for Cutler. And everybody else in the country has VY dropping like a rock on the mocks. Yea there's not regional bias here, no geographical bias. Right !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006   #13
Tha_Tinman
Veteran

Default Good Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_E_T_SJetsJetsJets
I'll definitely keep you guys updated when it goes on to progress. I'd like to add in trades, but I have a feeling it would be way too unrealistic. Thanks for taking place in this. If it is a landslide around 9 AM EST tomorrow, I'll be in Visual Communications at school and will just move on to the Saints.

VINCE ...ALL THA WAY BACK TO TEXAS BABAY!!!! ALL THE WAY BACK TO TEXAS!

I would have liked to see Vernon Davis on the list though! He's really making his way up the draft board!
Tha_Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006   #14
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Eight picks for a QB to this point, and they are all for VY. Not a single pick
for Leinert. Not a single pick for Cutler. And everybody else in the country has VY dropping like a rock on the mocks. Yea there's not regional bias here, no geographical bias. Right !
No surprise here, I voted VY. At this point is probably unlikely, but I don't care...it's still what I would do. If you want to see my reasoning for that pick, look up my previous posts.

Nunusguy-Who cares what the rest of the country thinks? This is HOUSTON'S team...if people here want him, that's our right...we're the ones that would be hypothetically cheering for him every Sunday-not the rest of the country. I could care less what everyone else thinks...when VY is tearing it up in a couple of years the rest of the country (and all the naysayers on this MB) will see how successful he is.

No one nationwide thought that he would accomplish all that he did in college, but he did it anyway. I dare say that the only ones that DID believe in him were people in this region...he's proved us right and it's MO that he'll continue to do the same. The rest of the country was proven wrong about him once...whose to say that it won't happen again.
Old 03-06-2006   #15
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJB
Nunusguy-Who cares what the rest of the country thinks? This is HOUSTON'S team...if people here want him, that's our right...we're the ones that would be hypothetically cheering for him every Sunday-not the rest of the country. I could care less what everyone else thinks...when VY is tearing it up in a couple of years the rest of the country (and all the naysayers on this MB) will see how successful he is.
I want the best team money and draft picks can buy for the Texans so they can win, I don't want a team based on some UT fans memories of
VY in the Rose Bowl(s). I taped the Rose Bowl and watched the tape twice
and enjoyed it, and then gave it to a friend who was a UT grad. He got so shook up with the gift I thought he was going to start blubbering: that's not
the basis for making objective decisions about Draft picks. OK ? You can become a Rams or Cardinals fan or whichever one of those teams drafts VY.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I want the best team money and draft picks can buy for the Texans so they can win, I don't want a team based on some UT fans memories of
and enjoyed it, and then gave it to a friend who was a UT grad. He got so shook up with the gift I thought he was going to start blubbering: that's not
the basis for making objective decisions about Draft picks. OK ? You can become a Rams or Cardinals fan or whichever one of those teams drafts VY.

the......... basis.......... for .... wanting............ to pick........ Vince......... is... because......... he is... .. goe..wing.. to beee.... a... great.... NFL.... Quar..ter..back.... Just.... be....cause... you... and... the... ex...perts.... who... couldn't.... find..... a .. re.... son.... for.... Carr.... Couch.... Akili..... Leaf... to...slide.... in.. the... dra...aft... does... not... make.... it.. less... viable... pick.... If.... you.... really.... think... Vince... is..... going... to slide.... to.... #11..... then.... just wait... and... see..... No.... reason.... to make.... this... about.... Vince...... Since... Reggie.... is winning..... 2 to 1.... anyway.....

And picking Reggie Bush, just because everyone else in the country forgot what a RunningBack is supposed to look isn't
Quote:
that's not
the basis for making objective decisions about Draft picks. OK ?
Old 03-06-2006   #17
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Reggie is Raw but Mario Williams is Raw and a physical freak. Mario is my number 1 overall prospect and likely the best player in the entire draft. He is on top of many people's boards and I believe that regardless of anything else he should be our number one pick.
Old 03-06-2006   #18
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

went Bush, without trade down option this is the safest pick.
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006   #19
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Lightbulb

Reggie, Reggie, Reggie!
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006   #20
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Know who you're talking to before you start making ASSumptions about what kind of fan I am. I am a Texans fan regardless of who we pick. Ever thought that it is my opinion that taking VY will give us the "best team money and draft picks can buy for the Texans so they can win."

Just b/c I am a UT fan and live in Austin does NOT mean that my draft picks are based upon "Rose Bowl" memories. I am of the opinion that VY would give us a MUCH, MUCH better chance of winning games (in the long run) than Carr ever will. THAT is why I want him..OK?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read