Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-02-2006   #1
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Abraham to Broncos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profootballtalk.com
A.J. Vaynerchuck of JetsTV.com reports that the New York Jets have struck a deal to ship defensive end John Abraham to the Broncos in exchange for a first-round pick.

We're in the process of trying to confirm the report.

The Broncos hold the 22nd and 29th picks in round one. Vaynerchuk believes that the 29th pick is being sent to New York.

Our guess is that the Jets might then try to dangle the two first-round picks in an effort to jump up even higher in the draft, possibly as high as the No. 1 overall spot on the board. The Texans could be tempted to make a deal, since it would enable them to snag a guy like tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson at No. 4, giving them another first-rounder later in the day.
Could be just hearsay, but just thought I'd put this out here. The cuts the Broncos made could have been done to make room for Abraham.
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006   #2
outofhnd
All Pro

I think this was already posted
Old 03-03-2006   #3
bATXle red
Rookie

Default Could the Jets have our answer?

At least it's a little bit interesting to think about... mmmm more picks

Last edited by bATXle red; 03-03-2006 at 01:28 AM.
bATXle red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006   #4
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Seems odd to me. The Broncos were over the cap already, and then made the cuts including Putzier, Pryce, & Anderson. I don't see how they could possibly make the trade for Abraham and his 8.3 million dollar cap number w/o a new CBA in place. With a new CBA, and perhaps a salary cap of $110 or 115 million then I could see the trade happening. The Broncos might have to make more cuts still though.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
Seems odd to me. The Broncos were over the cap already, and then made the cuts including Putzier, Pryce, & Anderson. I don't see how they could possibly make the trade for Abraham and his 8.3 million dollar cap number w/o a new CBA in place. With a new CBA, and perhaps a salary cap of $110 or 115 million then I could see the trade happening. The Broncos might have to make more cuts still though.

They could always work out a long term deal with him prior to agreeing to the trade. That would be the only way I would be even remotely interested in him. At $8.3M he is far too expensive.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006   #6
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
They could always work out a long term deal with him prior to agreeing to the trade. That would be the only way I would be even remotely interested in him. At $8.3M he is far too expensive.
Still they were quite a bit over the cap from what I recall. Something like $20 million or so. I just don't see how they'd have the room for him under the 95million dollar cap, but perhaps Shannahan has some tricks up his sleeve.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
Still they were quite a bit over the cap from what I recall. Something like $20 million or so. I just don't see how they'd have the room for him under the 95million dollar cap, but perhaps Shannahan has some tricks up his sleeve.

According to ESPN Denver is $1M Under the cap as of March 2

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2349505

Thats still not enough to fit him in but where there is a will there is a way .

Ive said it before ..... I dont see much of any activity (other than CUTS) in FA or trades until there is a new CBA worked out.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-03-2006   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it even possible to trade a player that has the franchise tag? I thought the tag was used to keep the player, not to keep the player away from the other teams.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read