Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-01-2006   #1
spastikmooss
Rookie

Default Trade Down Campers

I'm happy to hear that some people want to trade the top pick. Reggie Bush will be wonderful, but he's not for the Texans. Trade down for Brickshaw or Hawk, or even Carpenter, get some defense in the trade, and go after hutchinson or bentley. Defense and O line...go texans.
spastikmooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 27348 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spastikmooss
I'm happy to hear that some people want to trade the top pick. Reggie Bush will be wonderful, but he's not for the Texans. Trade down for Brickshaw or Hawk, or even Carpenter, get some defense in the trade, and go after hutchinson or bentley. Defense and O line...go texans.
Welcome fellow texan fan. Im interested to know, who do you think we should trade down for??
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006   #3
samomin
Veteran

I am in the D'Brick or D'Fense club pending the outcome of free agency. Mario Williams or AJ Hawk would be nice.
Old 03-01-2006   #4
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

If we traded down I think the best guys for us are Williams and Davis. In the later rds. I think the picks can also have a positive impact, but those are the guys I think we should shoot for in the 1st.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006   #5
CITY CAT
Veteran

Default Trade down?

It was a really hot topic a few days ago, but now it has vanished. What's the deal?

I would love to see the Texans fill many empty spots, but would even more want Bush. I think in order to win championships, you need a gamebreaker, a big playmaker. The Texans have nothing of the sort.
CITY CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006   #6
BeReal
Rookie

I agree. Although this is a great draft year, and there are many players I would love to have on the Texans. I don't think there's one "right" choice and drafting at #1 gives you the pick of the litter.
BeReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006   #7
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Ferguson all the way, especially if we trade down and get Abraham. If we dont get Abraham I think it may be up in the air between Ferguson and Super Mario.
Old 03-02-2006   #8
big homey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CITY CAT
It was a really hot topic a few days ago, but now it has vanished. What's the deal?

I would love to see the Texans fill many empty spots, but would even more want Bush. I think in order to win championships, you need a gamebreaker, a big playmaker. The Texans have nothing of the sort.
Give our talented guys some support, and the playmakers will rise.

If we get into the 4-7 range, we'll basically be guaranteed to get someone that will help our team. Potentially D'Brick, A.J. Hawk, Mario Williams, Vernon Davis, and Michael Huff will be there within those spots, and all of them suit our needs.
Old 03-02-2006   #9
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

If I'm trading down I'm getting Mario Williams. the 2nd and 3rd round picks can cover the line just as well.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

D'Brick if they're serious about building an o-line for the long haul. It's our most glaring weakness, and nothing will change for the better if our line is not addressed with urgency this off-season.

I'd love to have Williams or Hawk on our D, but it is my firm belief that our offensive line is the weakest and most inconsistent aspect of the Texans.
Old 03-02-2006   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
D'Brick if they're serious about building an o-line for the long haul. It's our most glaring weakness, and nothing will change for the better if our line is not addressed with urgency this off-season.

I'd love to have Williams or Hawk on our D, but it is my firm belief that our offensive line is the weakest and most inconsistent aspect of the Texans.
Spot on. Good post.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006   #12
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144827 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel

Agree'd .... I think we've said this for the past 4 seasons .

Remember the ESPN comercial in the first season with DC shown with no O-Line ..... Not much has changed from a performance standpoint since then.

Games are won and lost in the trenches ..... without good blocking the skill positions dont really have a chance to make plays ...

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Oh my god.. another freak'n first time poster trade down thread...... It's getting soooo anoying. I can't wait till the draft, so this nonsense would stop.
Old 03-02-2006   #14
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
Oh my god.. another freak'n first time poster trade down thread...... It's getting soooo anoying. I can't wait till the draft, so this nonsense would stop.
Don't worry to much about it. The first time posters will start really strong around the first week in April.
Old 03-02-2006   #15
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1
Don't worry to much about it. The first time posters will start really strong around the first week in April.
Just like right after the rose bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006   #16
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
Just like right after the rose bowl.
You beat me to it.
Old 03-02-2006   #17
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
what are you complaining about now? if you've been around this message board for anytime this offseason, most "new" posters do not advocate a trade down like you suggest. Most "new" posters advocate their particular man-crush, be it reggie bush or vince young. Also notice the sudden influx of "post-rose bolw, draft vince now" posters who have pretty much died off.
Old 03-03-2006   #18
Spoda
Veteran

Quote:

i agree..it was much better when every post was about vince's leadership and how he is from houston and how he will win every superbowl from next year until he retires while curing cancer, running for president,playing offensive and defensive line, rushing for 200 and passing for 300 yds per game...not to mention playing point guard for the rockets and winning an NBA title as well...can he play short stop?
Old 03-03-2006   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
what are you complaining about now? if you've been around this message board for anytime this offseason, most "new" posters do not advocate a trade down like you suggest. Most "new" posters advocate their particular man-crush, be it reggie bush or vince young. Also notice the sudden influx of "post-rose bolw, draft vince now" posters who have pretty much died off.

funny how some things are obvious to some.
Old 03-03-2006   #20
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:

funny how some things are obvious to some.
I had ya, TK ;-) ... good stuff. Give the nubes some slack, or even the vets in YTF's case.

If we are trading down, I think my vote is Mario Williams. Everything I have seen and heard of the guy says he will be a Ju-Pep/Reggie White type beast. Mind you I am not reserving his HOF spot yet when I say that, only that he looks like a very exciting talent, and I don't feel we have a true 4-3 DE on this roster. I like Peek/Babin and think they will both be functional DEs, but I would like to see us bolster our D-line with a true PR threat that can also hold up against the run. Our pass rush has been very weak in years past (due much more to playcalling than lack of talent, IMO) but to acquire a guy like Mario would be making a big stride in addressing that.

That said, I surely would not mind trading for a D'Brick. Obviously our O-line has been a bad issue, and while I think Pitts makes a fine LT, we need another starting-caliber T. I also really like E. Winston from Miami, but as I and others project him at a mid to late first rounder, I'm not sure how we'd get him other than trading down twice, and I would like to see us get an immediate impact player: a guy that the opponents will have to gameplan for. And while we have a very talented first day class this year, I don't see an obvious, can't-miss "gameplanner" coming to us much below the 7 spot.

At the end of the day, though, I don't see us trading the pick. I think Kubes is sold on the "thunder and lightning" of Davis/Bush. Either way, until the dust settles from the FA/CBA thing and the draft draws near, we won't have any ideas on serious offers, etc. that are going to be made. So that is my as it stands now.

Thoughts?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read