Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-15-2004   #1
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer
Default The Avatar Bet, Inspired by HowBoutThemCowboys

Week Two the Lions Face off vs your Texans

Anyone want to wager regular season avatars on it?

I bet you my avatar the Lions win that Game. Any takers?
Ihategeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Avatar Bet, Inspired by HowBoutThemCowboys

I will take that action provided that we're talking about a change of avatar's for the week following the game and not the entire season. I'd get sick of it long before the end of the season if I lost (but I don't think I need to worry about that one, I've got some confidence in my guys).

Avatar change for one week? If so count me in.
Old 08-16-2004   #3
Ediddy73
Veteran

same here Herv. I'll take it for a week. Feel free to browse our avatars and find the Texans one that you like best, Ihategeeks.
Old 08-16-2004   #4
Panther5407
All Pro

Umm, I guess i will be in the group but someone will have to remind me cause after football practice everyday my mind goes blank.
Old 08-16-2004   #5
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

No shy stuff, the entire Regular Season.

Isn't anyone confident enough to make this bet ?
Old 08-16-2004   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not a question of confidence IHG. It's a question of simply not wanting to get locked into a Lion avatar for an entire season. What happens the following week or a month later when someone wants to throw that bet out again over Titans avatars or Colts avatars? What if I want to take that bet but I'm already locked into a Lion avatar for the rest of the year. It's one game in a long season and winning it (or losing it) isn't going to make or break the year.

I'll wear your Lion for a week if you win and only ask you to wear my Bull for a week if you lose. After that I'm on to division opponents. Out of 16 games the Lions only get my attention for one week. After that they won't be on my radar again unless we're playing in the Super Bowl and they're on the opposite side (A sweet mental picture if I do say so myself)

That's plenty fair enough. Believe me I don't relish the idea of having to wear that blue blob you call a Lion for an hour, much less a week. Thing is I know I won't have to. You're going to enjoy the pride that comes with wearing the Bull though.
Old 08-16-2004   #7
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Sorry, but it's the season or nothing at all for me. If you don't believe in your team enough to take a bigger risk. I don't want hear about it.

Where are the real Texans fans?

Last edited by Ihategeeks; 08-17-2004 at 01:39 AM.
Sponsored links
Old 08-17-2004   #8
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Bah, cowards the whole lot of ya.
Old 08-17-2004   #9
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

LET'S GO, PLAYBOY...I'LL PUT MY AVY UP AGAINST YA...YOU BETTER HOPE HARRINGTON WILL RAISE HIS QB RATING OVER 64 THIS YEAR...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004   #10
TexansCanes
All Pro

i'm down for that just remind me about it the week before or something, i usually forget stuff.
TexansCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004   #11
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
LET'S GO, PLAYBOY...I'LL PUT MY AVY UP AGAINST YA...YOU BETTER HOPE HARRINGTON WILL RAISE HIS QB RATING OVER 64 THIS YEAR...
We have a winner.

I am sure Carr and his 69 rate will come out and shock the world

(I love being a homer)
Old 09-13-2004   #12
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Anymore Takers now that the Lions Lost thier #1 Offensive and Defensive players for the game?

Old 09-13-2004   #13
pv1999
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansCanes
i'm down for that just remind me about it the week before or something, i usually forget stuff.
Can I have you avitar if you lose? We can't lose a good one like that.
Old 09-13-2004   #14
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Pretty easy there IHG's. You lose you don't come back to the board. If we lose we are forced to have a Lion's icon on a TEXANS MG. Hardly seems like an even bet.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #15
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Oh almost forgot to mention. Harrington is a self-proclaimed geek. I saw an interview with him where teammates were making fun of him for it.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #16
TexanDave
Veteran

Rep Power: 880 TexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
Pretty easy there IHG's. You lose you don't come back to the board. If we lose we are forced to have a Lion's icon on a TEXANS MG. Hardly seems like an even bet.

I agree with Ogre. If IHG loses he will never be seen again.
TexanDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #17
brickmantexanfan
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to brickmantexanfan Send a message via Yahoo to brickmantexanfan
Talking me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihategeeks
Anymore Takers now that the Lions Lost thier #1 Offensive and Defensive players for the game?

I want some count me in.I heard Lions taste like chicken
We must win,You must loose
Old 09-14-2004   #18
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
Oh almost forgot to mention. Harrington is a self-proclaimed geek. I saw an interview with him where teammates were making fun of him for it.
He clearly said he was a dork

Last edited by Ihategeeks; 09-14-2004 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-14-2004   #19
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I remember him claiming to be a dork too. Wasn't it part of a MNF piece on him and some other NFL players who could play instruments?
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004   #20
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Who the hell is Harrington?
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read